Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times

Advertisements

POnderosa"It does matter in OH, and PA though. Romney is way too liberal for today's Republican voter to get enthused over."

Of course, you avoid the fact that independents, not the base, are what swing those states either way. An extremist to the bases' liking is POISON to the independents.

The Dems base and GOP base will offset each other. There are more Dems, but GOP percentage who vote exceeds Dems percentage. Hmmm..that leaves those NOt refistered to a party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
He does realize EVERYONE voting in the REPUBLICAN primary is Republican/Conservative, right? (Other than the Dems that cross over to vote for him. He does very well with self-identified Democrats and Liberals). Most Illinois Republicans actually live in Cook County, Rick. Some of us Conservatives live in major metropolitan areas, and I'm tired of people implying that that supposedly makes us any less Republican/Conservative.
I just don't get the guy...he says this tonight but a few weeks ago he was in Michigan calling Dems and begging them for votes. I'm starting to think Santorum might not survive April. The 24th might be the end for him.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am not sure how much spending money moves voters actually. But using this as a rationalization for Romney winning is not real logical. As his campaign spokesman said, 'it's like accusing the other team of winning in basketball because they are all taller'. If you have money, it's because people believe in you and donate, if you don't, it's because they don't. There is a reason for that...and it's usually that you suck.
Of course spending a lot of money influences the outcomes of elections. If it didn't why would they do it? And Romney's Super Pac is being funded by a handful of wealthy donors, so the argument that a bunch of small time supporters are paying for all of that spend in advertising is simply not true. Now if you want to claim that a few wealthy donors believe in Romney, I won't argue that point.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,295 times
Looks like Romney will take at least 40 delegates in IL out of the 54 up for grabs tonight.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Just another plus 26 night for MR!!! >1/2 way to 1144, with a slew of large, socially moderate-left of center states left.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,506 times
Default Ron Paul a big loser again...this time in Illinois

It looks like Ron Paul is a huge loser again in Illinois. He's barely beating out Gingrich.

Primaries - State Results - Election Center 2012 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

I wonder if he'll manage to run the whole thing and be a loser in each and every state.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,137,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The guy who makes the allegation is certifiable. Somebody hand him one of those hats made from aluminum foil! LOL!!!
Santorum is worse than certifiable..

Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Quote:
He does realize EVERYONE voting in the REPUBLICAN primary is Republican/Conservative, right? (Other than the Dems that cross over to vote for him. He does very well with self-identified Democrats and Liberals).
He does? Where do you get this?

Quote:
Most Illinois Republicans actually live in Cook County, Rick.
?? Cook county is about as blue as it gets

Quote:
Some of us Conservatives live in major metropolitan areas, and I'm tired of people implying that that supposedly makes us any less Republican/Conservative.
Santorum only campaigned in the he-haw areas of the state that would most appeal to him. 0-3 on your allegations.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Evanstar51, Sasntorum's little world would be a step up for him, since in the majority of states, most earthlings are voting against him (LOL).
Fascinating, isn't it? He even lost the Catholic vote to Romney here. It's no secret who my candidate is, but I have to root for Mitt; the thought of a Santorum presidency scares the bejeesus out of me.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
There is a history of this. I have posted information in various threads. The Goldman Sachs thread also has some information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections