Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
that way we can make sure we have:

A White House, Senate and House controlled by radical wingnuts who are intent on further concentrating economic and political power in the hands of the business elite.

A return to the same deregulated wild Wall Street that brought us to the brink of a second great depression.

The voucherizing of Medicare and dismantling of every other social insurance, investment and safety net programs, including Social Security, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, unemployment insurance, public education, student assistance, food stamps, and job assistance for displaced workers.

Complete the redistribution of wealth by eliminating all taxes on inheritance for the super rich and on income from riches (capital gains) while increasing the tax burden of the working poor and the middle class.

The end of the separation between Church and State.

The end of the right of workers to collectively bargain.

Federal courts packed with activist conservative judges intent on rolling back economic and civil rights of the middle class, the poor, minorities and women.

A trigger happy President and White House that will cause more illegal and needless war to send our best and brightest to the face of danger.

A country where "states rights" does not include the right of a state to provide its citizens with health care but sure as heck includes the right of a state to hang consenting adults of consenting activities in the privacy of their own home.

I am so glad that I can provide the Koch family and the Rockefellers and the Romneys with as much money as they want.........and all I have to do is support the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
How about you explain to me what YOU think it is.
Meaning you don't have an answer,and just like to rant on about it because it's conservative mantra .

Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
No, meaning the assumption that I don't know what separation of church and state is, is so stupidly absurd that HE wants me to define it so he can critique it. If he wants a definition, put his out there and I'll show everyone just how ignorant HE is. I not only have the answer to the question, I have the right one. His lack of response shows me that he doesn't have a clue and he is hoping someone somewhere will give him one. Maybe he should call Rush and get a talking point.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
And, I'm glad I'm voting for Ron Paul and realize both
parties are full of ****
I'm not voting for Ron Paul, but I definitely agree with your premise!

As of right now, I'm a Santorum fan; but, whoever our nominee is, we are going to have to unite, if are to have any hope of throwing Barack Obama out of the White House, which I think has to be our first priority.

I think that in terms of holding the House and winning the Senate, we are in good shape. I believe that will happen, unless somehow the Republican elites (establishment Republicans, aka RINO's) are able to muck things up by not supporting good conservatives who might be running. But, from what I read, it is highly likely that we are looking at a sweep.

I hope I'm right, because our next priority after defeating Obama will be to repeal ObamaCare, and roll back all the new regulatory agencies, and their new regulations that are an impediment to economic growth.

And of course, spending MUST be cut.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:

A White House, Senate and House controlled by radical wingnuts who are intent on further concentrating economic and political power in the hands of the business elite.

A return to the same deregulated wild Wall Street that brought us to the brink of a second great depression.

The voucherizing of Medicare and dismantling of every other social insurance, investment and safety net programs, including Social Security, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, unemployment insurance, public education, student assistance, food stamps, and job assistance for displaced workers.

Complete the redistribution of wealth by eliminating all taxes on inheritance for the super rich and on income from riches (capital gains) while increasing the tax burden of the working poor and the middle class.

The end of the separation between Church and State.

The end of the right of workers to collectively bargain.

Federal courts packed with activist conservative judges intent on rolling back economic and civil rights of the middle class, the poor, minorities and women.

A trigger happy President and White House that will cause more illegal and needless war to send our best and brightest to the face of danger.

A country where "states rights" does not include the right of a state to provide its citizens with health care but sure as heck includes the right of a state to hang consenting adults of consenting activities in the privacy of their own home.

I am so glad that I can provide the Koch family and the Rockefellers and the Romneys with as much money as they want.........and all I have to do is support the GOP.
good post, however it appears some have missed the ummm Sarcasm of your post

Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
You're a bit of a loon...but my question to you is this...

Do you actually KNOW what the separation of Church & State is about?

I just happened to pick on that one piece of low hanging fruit among all of the others in your childish rant. So humor me.....please my good fellow...explain YOUR version of what separation of Chuch & State means. Ansd while you are at it...please expound on how a GOP president would eliminate that constitutional guarantee.

Go ahead....I'm ready to laugh.
I'll take a stab at it. Do you have a copy of the Constitution of the United States handy? Well I just happen to have one:

"Congress [addressed to congress] shall make no law [there shall be no law passed by Congress] respecting an establishment of religion [no law may be passed establishing a State religion — such as in England, the Church of England was the established church] or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ... " [Congress must not pass laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion].

In the context of Colonial America at the time of it's writing, what was feared was a government (like the British government) that would, for example, say that the Episcopal Church was to be the recognized Church.

Nowhere in the Constitution, or in any of our founding documents can you find the words "Separation of Church and State". That is a manufactured idea that flies in the face of what the founders believed, wrote, did (they prayed regularly, wrote of their reliance on God and on "divine providence" and even prayed for guidance during the time of the writing of the Constitution). All were men of great faith.

But I know what you are going to do next: You will post all kinds of links to Websites and to various pieces that will have out of context or outright false "quotes" from our founders and others, "proving" that the were atheists, deists, or something else.

Sorry... been there, done that. We know it's out there. We know it's garbage, so don't waste your time dredging it up.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Why I hope Obama wins in November...

A White House, Senate and House controlled by radical wingnuts who are intent on further concentrating economic and political power in the hands of the liberal elite.

A return to the same government over-regulation of private enterprise that brought us to the brink of a second great depression.

The insolvency of Medicare and Social Security because Democrats would rather run them into the red than tell us the truth.

Complete the redistribution of wealth by eliminating all taxes on recipient class and taxing the productive class into poverty.

The end of the separation among the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary.

The end of the right of taxpayers to have any say how their money is spent.

Federal courts packed with activist liberal judges intent on rewriting the Constitution such that Democrat politicians can confiscate the property of white men and disperse it among minorities, women, gays in exchange for their loyalty to the Democrat Party.

A trigger happy President and White House that panders to foreign national invaders, mostly from Mexico, at the expense of the legal, taxpaying American citizen.

A country where "individual rights" does not include the right to life, liberty, and property. Only the right of a woman to kill her baby, the right to marry another man, the right to engage in sexual activity with farm animals, oh and of course the right to other people's property.

I am so glad that I can provide the Soros family, General Electric, Microsoft, Solyndra, and other Democrat cronies with as much money as they want.........and all I have to do is support the DNC.
This sums up what the GOP tea party and the entire republican base is about but wont say. Finally some one admitted to it. Thanks

Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
How about you explain to me what YOU think it is.
Of course, we know what he/she thinks.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
You forget to mention the Rockefeller democrats, and that the Bush family are closet democrats as well.

The monster has two heads, but the body is one, you fool.

Stop being mesmerized by the two superficial heads, and analyze the body, but not by eating its red-herring crap, you dummy, but its flow of energy, the cash flow, the balance power among men.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Meaning you don't have an answer,and just like to rant on about it because it's conservative mantra .
Oh, I think the poster has an answer, but I suspect it's not one you want to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections