Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,662 times

Advertisements

I am voting for Barack Obama and I'm sure that many of you can come up with countless reasons why I should not vote for him, and I respect your right to your own opinion. I know that some of you will be voting for John McCain and I can also come up with a long list of reasons why you shouldn't, but I will leave that alone for now. Because I really have only one request for anyone and everyone who will be voting in November. Please look at the records and resume of the candidates, please understand their goals and their vision for America, above all, please do not vote for the person that you "relate to" the most. The issues that we are facing in this country are much too serious to reduce this election to little more than a popularity contest. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 02:13 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,019 times
Well said. I think anyone who isn't a gun-slinger or Jesus freak, who looks at all the evidence, will see the Obama is clearly a MUCH better choice.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:17 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,951 times
LLL98, good post. I will take it under advisement.

MimzyMusic, not such a good post. It is your type of post that reminds me "Ah, so THESE are the Obama supporters -- now why would I consider him, again?"

Old 09-06-2008, 02:19 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,942,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
Well said. I think anyone who isn't a gun-slinger or Jesus freak, who looks at all the evidence, will see the Obama is clearly a MUCH better choice.
Okaaaaay... If Obama doesn't write your speeches - do you write his? ? ?

Old 09-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Okaaaaay... If Obama doesn't write your speeches - do you write his? ? ?
I've never heard him use the terms "Jesus freak" or "gun-slinger".

Old 09-06-2008, 02:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
Please look at the records and resume of the candidates, please understand their goals and their vision for America, above all, please do not vote for the person that you "relate to" the most. The issues that we are facing in this country are much too serious to reduce this election to little more than a popularity contest. Thank you.
You assume we haven't? People DO vote for people who share their values and who they can relate to, and that has nothing to do with a popularity contest. It's how MOST people vote.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:22 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,838,107 times
Quote:
I am not a gun slinger or Jesus freak. In fact I do not own a gun or go to church(that is a different debate altogther ). I have been closely following the election for the better part of the last two years, looked at all the evidence and whole-heartedly disagree. This country is not near as left as the perception appears. The left has a bigger mouth and bigger voice than flyover America, which leaves them in a position to sneak up at the polls, as they always do.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:24 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
lmao. I think that anyone who actually looked at this election in depth, would realize that the libertarian party is the only party that offers a change from the status quo. saying that someone who doesn't vote for obama is a gun slinger or a jesus freak, is like me saying that anyone who votes for obama is either black, or a homosexual. neither comment holds too much water.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2008, 02:26 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,417 times
Quote:
Another tolerant liberal!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM

I'm sorry, I was pretty rude. I guess I'm just worried the GOP will win again, but I should be more sensitive, or else in the end I'm just making the Dems and Obama look bad.

Not ALL GOP supporters are Jesus-freaks or rednecks, but it seems like without this faction, they wouldn't stand a chance against the Dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections