Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,051,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
When I read these polls I just see "Candidate Who Will Ensure Obama's Reelection Pulls Ahead of Other Candidate Who Will Ensure Obama's Reelection"

Ron Paul - "The one who can beat Obama" - YouTube

WSJ Economist: Ron Paul's 0% Income Tax = Massive Insourcing of Jobs into America - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,783,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Newt and his wife are MORE than just "attention" w-----

They are the real thing! But Repugs love that sleaze factor!!!
Yep, washed my hands of them long ago.

Amazing out liberating being an Independent is. Belonging to the Republican Party or Democratic Party, you end up with feeling like you've been dipped in extra stinky raw sewage.

Newt as a nominee would be an all-time low. Neither party has nominated somebody this tainted ... ever.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:19 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,093,258 times
Newt will implode, as per usual when he is in the spotlight. He's extremely arrogant. He's against negative campaigning, but only when that negative campaigning is against him. Otherwise, it's just "drawing contrasts." The man seemingly has no moral compass, compared to Romney who is a squeaky-clean, church-going, family-loving man who doesn't even swear let alone cheat on his wives. And yet the latter is seen as unprincipled, wishy-washy, and lacking a core. There is no greater example of his arrogance than him asking Santorum to leave the race so Conservatives can unite around him. Are you serious Newt? Santorum beat you in NH, demolished you in IA, and you have the nerve to think that he should get out of the race so you can get more votes? I cannot fathom another 4 years of Barack Obama, so I guess if Newt gets the nod I will hold my breath and vote for him. I generally agree with his politics, but he has an extremely questionable leadership style and moral compass, not to mention a history of imploding when he's in the spotlight. This is not something we need in a president.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The man who divorces his wives when they get sick is in the lead? I think that will soon change.
Just as long as he can briefly surge, take some delegates and deflate Mitt for a while longer, and the two of them can slug it out for another week or two, that's all I can hope for.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,613,874 times
I really like Newt, even though I don't want him as President. I can vehemently disagree with someone, and still like them as a person. Newt is just wrong, but I don't see him as evil.
The AP, which means the Soros globalist Zionists, want him out of the race so desperately they have dug up dirt from his second wife. This is so despicable, it almost makes me want to support him. She once loved this man, she's certainly getting her revenge now. No wonder he got rid of her. I don't care whether it's true or not, this is a horrible thing to do to him.

Ex-wife says Gingrich wanted 'open marriage' - Yahoo! News

Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,939,755 times
It is amazing that the overt racism that Newt displayed during the most recent debate is working out so well for him in SC. It tells you a lot about the voters of SC and the south in general.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is amazing that the overt racism that Newt displayed during the most recent debate is working out so well for him in SC. It tells you a lot about the voters of SC and the south in general.
When did Newt say whites are better than minority groups? That is the definition of racism you know.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM

13,874 posts, read 9,820,600 times
I'm calling it right now, tonight at the debate Gingrich will use the ABC story as a way to bash the "liberal" "mainstream" media and turn the negative into a positive. He will also use the story as a way to talk about asking God for forgiveness. Romney is in deep trouble because Newt is scrappy and will talk circles around him tonight. I'm actually going to pick up some beers and pop some popcorn and watch.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,228,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Newt put out an ad in SC criticizing Romney for speaking French. That should tell you a lot.

http://http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/newt-hits-romneys-french-connection/ (broken link)

Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,228,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
When did Newt say whites are better than minority groups? That is the definition of racism you know.
Not better, just harder working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections