Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM

37,957 posts, read 18,032,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you obviously did not hear his words on the relief and aid for the victoms in MS and TN. He said, if they should know better than to build where there is flooding. I am going to try and dig up the exact comments. i didn't say he didn't care, I said that is how the comment came out and this is what I have been saying all the time: it isn't so much what he says but how he says it.
Paul has said why should people in one area subsidize others who build a house in a "dangerous" area. I agree. They take the risks they should suffer, not me. Sounds like you're against personal responsibility.

Live in a hurricane zone and your house gets knocked down the answer is to rebuild the same thing??? How many people would do that if they had to pay the actual insurance costs associated with that exact house at that exact location? I'd bet a lot more geodesic domes would be built in hurricane areas.

Also let the states handle it. Federal government agencies have proven to be costly and ineffective. The extra layer of government causes untimely delays. Ron Paul wants the money to go into the hands of the local officials. The ones who know what's going on.

Quote:
By the way if you would open your eyes and ears, you would see where I have said many times, he will do better this time around than in the past. yes, he is gaining but my personal opinion (whether you like it or not I have every right to it)
Quit playing he victim, no one said you don't have the right. To allude to it is disingenuous.

Quote:
is he will not get the nomination. I have also said many times I admire those who beleive in him and yes, I do have respect for his standing up to what he believes in. That was the one thing I have always admired Sarah Palin for, that doesn't mean I think she would be a good Pres or that I believe in everything she stands for.
Palin is a sound bite candidate, a republican version of Obama. Style over substance. She's been in the limelight for a long enough time and she cannot articulate her beliefs with sound, solid answers.
She does have a following and has a lot of pull.

Quote:
It does amaze me how some here do believe that Paul is 100% right about everything.
NIta
It amazes me you think people are dumb enough to believe that.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 06-21-2011 at 04:12 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,544,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And Paul should be running as libertarian, because that is what he is. Romeny is a typical American politician. They pick a party, but they all behave the same. Look at McCain and Bush for example. They could have been Democrats.
No. Paul is just an authentic old-fashioined Republican. Originally Republicans were strict Constitutionalists.

War mongering and civil liberty depleting Neo-cons today now call themselves Republicans but they are FAR from it.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,492,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Paul has said why should people in one area subsidize others who build a house in a "dangerous" area. I agree. They take the risks they should suffer, not me. Sounds like you're against personal responsibility.

Live in a hurricane zone and your house gets knocked down the answer is to rebuild the same thing??? How many people would do that if they had to pay the actual insurance costs associated with that exact house at that exact location? I'd bet a lot more geodesic domes would be built in hurricane areas.

Also let the states handle it. Federal government agencies have proven to be costly and ineffective. The extra layer of government causes untimely delays. Ron Paul wants the money to go into the hands of the local officials. The ones who know what's going on.

Quit playing he victim, no one said you don't have the right. To allude to it is disingenuous.

Palin is a sound bite candidate, a republican version of Obama. Style over substance. She's been in the limelight for a long enough time and she cannot articulate her beliefs with sound, solid answers.
She does have a following and has a lot of pull.

It amazes me you think people are dumb enough to believe that.
on the first few issues, we have discussed them enough: you have your views, I respect that as I respect everyone's right to decide: as for Palin, I didn't say I did or did not like her, I said I respect her for standing by her beliefs and she has done that. I never used the words dumb, I do not believe in putting people down: I did say I am amazed that some think he is perfect. Don't you find that surprising as well?

Nita

Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 AM

37,957 posts, read 18,032,661 times
Quote:
on the first few issues, we have discussed them enough: you have your views, I respect that as I respect everyone's right to decide: as for Palin, I didn't say I did or did not like her, I said I respect her for standing by her beliefs and she has done that. I never used the words dumb, I do not believe in putting people down: I did say I am amazed that some think he is perfect. Don't you find that surprising as well?

Nita
Yes and no. Not surprising that some people do think that way since people are fallible and gung ho. I wouldn't say any candidate has "cornered the market" on fanatics.
But I don't understand how someone can be "all in" on a candidate when that candidate is inconsistent on policies.

I see few candidates who are conservative based on their voting record. But changes are coming in the republican party. They are starting to at least use the ideals and rhetoric of conservatism in the debates and press conferences. We have another year to see, by the way they vote, if they practice what they preach.

So far the only smaller government candidates are Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. Pawlenty and Bachmann lean that way. The others have very little in common with small government. I don't know how some of the candidates can say they are conservative based on their voting record. I guess conservative does not mean small government to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections