Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM

758 posts, read 592,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wake up.

1. Obama has increased the debt from $8.6 trillion to $17 trillion
2. Unemployment has risen under Obama. It is even worse than the numbers show, as many have given up looking for jobs.
3. Obama is fine with annual deficits of $1.3 trillion
4. Obama has rejected the only plan (the Ryan plan) which actually addressed the current wild spending.
5. If Obama is re-elected, it is estimated that the federal debt will be $24 trillion (our current GDP is $14 trillion).
6. With a debt of 180% GDP and the level of bonds held by other nations, we will have to institute MARKED austerity measures, which will harm the poor and elderly the most. Entitlements will have to be cut dramatically.
7. Taxing "the rich" at 100% (slavery) only generates an additional revenue of $900 billion, therefore the "tax the rich" plan is not the solution.
8. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world.
9. Obama has restricted domestic energy production and transportation which would create jobs and reduce reliance on foriegn energy.

If you are not independently wealthy, you had better hope that Obama is not re-elected, as the perpetuation of his first term will harm what is left of the middle class and the poor the most.

Our only chance is a balanced budget amendment, which, of course, Obama opposes. Obama further opposes any cuts in spending. Good luck- you will need it.
The majority of this is because Congress filibustered his plan to lower the debt and create more jobs because they want to play partisan politics. Also, he extended the Bush tax cuts. I don't agree with that part, but even Clinton said he didn't have much choice. That was the bargain he made to get everything else passed through during the lame duck session. Taxing the rich is always considered slavery according to people like Romney because they have no clue. Also, there have been many jobs insourced under Obama, and the unemployment rate is lower than it's been in two years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,794,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Have you been hanging out with Sarah Palin? I see you're from Alaska. Anyway, Obama is bringing in more jobs. Nobody said it would happen overnight. He wanted to create more by putting stimulus money into our infrastructure, but Congress won't let him. Mitt Romney must be desperate if he's accepting the endorsement from Ted Nugent.
Obama is bringing in more jobs - In Kenya

Now that is a fact:!! Thanks for bringing up the importance of jobs (not for Americans). Obama is purposely strangling small business owners with mountains of new regulations and taxes you don't even know about.

His divided loyalties are beyond reprehensible, - Fraud - forged document(s) and you think America collectively wants 4 more years of this Hitler wannabe?

Yeah I live in the arctic of Alaska - clean pure healthy fresh crisp air. I don't know how much of the smog & chemicals you have been ingesting daily but it is very apparent you need to have a through cleaning from the inside out. obot-enimga.

There is a 'cure' to get you back to normal!! (thinking).

Sarah Palin ? Are you speaking about the ONLY GOVERNOR in the United States that had (past tense) an approval rating of 86%??

That feat has never been accomplished by anyone in this country! Yeah I know Sarah! I'm damn proud of her as a woman with a spine! She has more character than anyone on the world stage today.

Watch what happens when she speaks @ the RNC - stay tuned for the shock of your lives!

Last edited by SityData; 04-18-2012 at 04:15 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Obama is bringing in more jobs - In Kenya

Now that is a fact:!! Thanks for bringing up the importance of jobs (not for Americans). Obama is purposely strangling small business owners with mountains of new regulations and taxes you don't even know about.

His divided loyalties are beyond reprehensible, - Fraud - forged document(s) and you think America collectively wants 4 more years of this Hitler wannabe?

Yeah I live in the arctic of Alaska - clean pure healthy fresh crisp air. I don't know how much of the smog & chemicals you have been ingesting daily but it is very apparent you need to have a through cleaning from the inside out. obot-enimga.

There is a 'cure' to get you back to normal!! (thinking).

Sarah Palin ? Are you speaking about the ONLY GOVERNOR in the United States that had (past tense) an approval rating of 86%??

That feat has never been accomplished by anyone in this country! Yeah I know Sarah! I'm damn proud of her as a woman with a spine! She has more character than anyone on the world stage today.

Watch what happens when she speaks @ the RNC - stay tuned for the shock of your lives!
My God you really are delusional! You sound just like my brother-in-law.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 7 days ago)

52,715 posts, read 48,024,392 times
Quote:
Barack Obama will undoubtedly get re-elected. The economy didn't recover overnight when he came into office, but he's already accomplished more in two years than Bush did in two terms. The Republicans haven't offered any solutions to fix the economy, either. Keep in mind Barack Obama will be the incumbent meaning he'll be harder to defeat than 2008. Don't be surprised if he wins by a landslide. I'm 80-percent sure this next election will be a runaway victory for the Democrats.

Also, the conservatives can't find anyone who measures up. Mike Huckabee already stated he probably won't run. That man has too many skeletons in his closet, furthermore. The guy is an right-wing evangelical Christian for one thing. Plus, he pardoned a guy who killed several people in Arkansas, and he has a son who was ousted as a Boy Scout leader for torturing puppies. Those alone are wild cards that will disqualify him from the race. Sarah Palin will be lucky if she even makes it to the primary. I'm sure she'll run to massage her Alaska-sized ego, too. Not even John McCain stood a chance playing his veteran card, so I'm positive the same is true about the other Republicans.

Barack Obama's ratings are now higher than that of either Clinton or Reagan around this time frame during their first terms. What you're also forgetting is there are more black voters than ever before. They'll probably pour into the polls more so than they did in 2008. Myriad Hispanic voters are disenchanted with the Republican Party as well. Not to mention recent college graduates like yours truly are disgusted over the way Republicans haven't done a damn thing about unemployment and even wanted to slash benefits for the 99ers. They're the ones that gave tax cuts to big businesses.

I'm hoping when Scott Walker gets recalled which I'm sure he will, our friends in Wisconsin will spark the catalyst towards something big. His being ousted will leave a bad headline for the Republicans and cost many of them their seats. I'm half-expecting the Democrats will regain control of both houses again after this whole debacle Bush got us into. Unless something terrible happens, I see no way he WILL NOT get re-elected end of story.
Leftists never learn that delusions only take people away from reality. None of the above statements are even remotely true. The Democrats never have any solutions to anything and won't support anyone who does. They're just like the little kid at the sandbox kicking another kid's newly-built castle. That's what a Democrat does to a great country like America.

Conservatives will win in 2012. Battle RED!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,248 times
trace21230, its too much information for the poster to handle.

Also, under Obama Care there are 7 tax increases that will hit the middle class.

The Alternative Minimum tax started out as a "tax for the rich," the AMT affects more and more taxpayers each year, because the AMT is not indexed to inflation. Each year AMT is effecting more people and is already effecting the middle class. (recap - AMT is not indexed for inflation) So as a middle class income increase due to cost of living adjustments they will eventually be paying AMT.

So in addition to the ATM president Obama is trying to add another New tax the rich plan which is also not indexed for inflation and it will first get higher income earners but with inflation you will fit within the plan and now you will have to pay the ATM and the New tax the rich plan. Gocha!

They say the only people who will vote for Obama are the people who hope to pad their own pockets with money taken from someone else.

Dilutional as his brother-in-law lol

Last edited by eRayP; 04-18-2012 at 05:38 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,248 times
President Barack Obama's central campaign promise – a "firm pledge" against "any form of tax increase" on families making less than $250,000 per year – was broken two years ago today when he signed the Affordable Care Act into law. The healthcare law contains at least seven tax hikes that unquestionably violate Obama's pledge.

The tax would be levied on insurers — or on employers that act as their own insurers. Either way, the tax would very likely be passed along to workers in even higher premiums than they pay now. But if insurance premiums continue to rise faster than inflation, as they have for years, many more people’s policies could end up setting off the luxury tax in coming years.

Below is an example of not taxing the middle class.

7. Obamacare Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans: Starting in 2018, this provision imposes a new 40 percent excise tax on "Cadillac" health insurance plans ($10,200 single/$27,500 family). Higher thresholds exists for early retirees and those in high-risk professions.

“It puts a bigger tax on middle-income Americans who are already paying enough

Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM

All you GOP-bots are showing one thing in common. You seem to think that cutting taxes on the rich will work because somehow they're going to share the wealth and spend the money on stimulating the economy. Meanwhile, you complain about the debt and somehow miraculously expect it to disappear after we cut taxes. Let me guess! We're supposed to pray the debt away, right? Oh yeah! The reason why it's gone up somewhat under Obama is because he spent a good chunk of our taxes on the stimulus package which finally got the economy moving. Unemployment is lower than it's been in two years, and the economy IS coming back. He had to make a deal with the devil because he didn't have much choice. He at least took a risk that paid off. Romney would've ignored it all and let the economy spin out of control.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
Quote:
All you GOP-bots are showing one thing in common. You seem to think that cutting taxes on the rich will work because somehow they're going to share the wealth and spend the money on stimulating the economy. Meanwhile, you complain about the debt and somehow miraculously expect it to disappear after we cut taxes. Let me guess! We're supposed to pray the debt away, right? Oh yeah! The reason why it's gone up somewhat under Obama is because he spent a good chunk of our taxes on the stimulus package which finally got the economy moving. Unemployment is lower than it's been in two years, and the economy IS coming back. He had to make a deal with the devil because he didn't have much choice. He at least took a risk that paid off. Romney would've ignored it all and let the economy spin out of control.
You're brainwashed.

If John McCain had presided over this pathetic excuse for a "recovery" you'd be screaming like a liberal Democrat. Wait.

Hypocrite.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You're brainwashed.

If John McCain had presided over this pathetic excuse for a "recovery" you'd be screaming like a liberal Democrat. Wait.

Hypocrite.
If John McCain was President, we'd still be in Iraq and stuck there for another 100 years. Then we'd have the most unqualified person in the world in charge of the Senate and running the country should anything happen to McCain. Caribou Barbie is nothing but a media ***** who was in way over her head. She was the last person on Earth I'd trust being the Commander in Chief at a time like this. The same way I feel about Marco Rubio whom I'm predicting Romney will choose as his running mate to sway all the Hispanic voters his way, and it won't fly.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
Quote:
If John McCain was President, we'd still be in Iraq and stuck there for another 100 years. Then we'd have the most unqualified person in the world in charge of the Senate and running the country should anything happen to McCain. Caribou Barbie is nothing but a media ***** who was in way over her head. She was the last person on Earth I'd trust being the Commander in Chief at a time like this. The same way I feel about Marco Rubio whom I'm predicting Romney will choose as his running mate to sway all the Hispanic voters his way, and it won't fly.
It doesn't matter who is running against Oblama and it doesn't matter who Romney picks as his vice president. You will defend and shill for this failed President no matter what. You are totally and completely hoodwinked.

Either you're employed by the DNC or on the public dole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections