Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,915,566 times

Advertisements

Your right, he's juggling 3 wars now, one of which he went into without consulting with Congress. Not even Bush had the cajones to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,516,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Neither is Keith Olbermann

What has he accomplished, besides a half-assed health care law that's a give away to corporate cronies that bankrolled his campaign?

1. No more lobbyists in my White House His Cabinet is full of Wall St. lobbyists, the most of any past administration
2. I will respect civil rights He renews the Patriot Act
3. I will shut down Guantanamo Bay He will not shut it down now
4. This will be the most transparent administration in history He refuses to show his birth certificate, he refuses to tell us who got the bailouts
5. This stimulus will create or save millions of new jobs Unemployment has been going up since the stimulus was passed, and only tens of thousands of teacher jobs were "saved".
6. I will pull-out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan He's extending their stay now, and now he says that he'll commit the troops to stay there beyond 2012, if the governments want us to. And now we're involved in the Libyan war, and yet without congressional authority.

So really, what has he accomplished besides running for Bush's 3rd term?
George Bush forced President Obama to do all this.

It's amazing for years we were told Bush was a dope and Obama is a genius. Yet Bush is still messing up the country from his ranch in Texas. And Obama, the man with all the power, is not smart enough to fix it.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Oh yes he does. You're forgetting the man is the incumbent which means he'll be even harder to defeat this time around. He won't be able to really get things done until his next term. That's usually how it works with most politicians when they become lame ducks because they know they have nothing left to lose.
This man stood before masses of people and preached hope and change and yes we can. Then he did nothing. Not forgiveable.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,991,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
It's all Bush's fault that poor Bammers can't govern I'm so glad I'm not a Democrat anymore. Yes I'm late to the party, but better late than never

Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM

758 posts, read 592,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The main reson things are a little better right now is Obama did renew the Bush tax cuts.
He didn't have much choice in that regard. Even Bill Clinton said that. That was the compromise he had to make to get everything else passed through Congress. It's only for two more years. I'm certain he won't extend it again.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM

232 posts, read 221,697 times
Quote:
Oh yes he does. You're forgetting the man is the incumbent which means he'll be even harder to defeat this time around. He won't be able to really get things done until his next term. That's usually how it works with most politicians when they become lame ducks because they know they have nothing left to lose.
oh yeah, that totally slipped our minds in establishing our opinions on who will be the next POTUS. Thanks man. I'll keep an eye out for future threads.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,408,969 times
Quote:
He didn't have much choice in that regard. Even Bill Clinton said that. That was the compromise he had to make to get everything else passed through Congress. It's only for two more years. I'm certain he won't extend it again.
We'll see.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,516,086 times
Quote:
I’m sick and tired of people asking “What has Obama done?” So here’s a list of things he’s done since he’s been in office. Remember: He was elected President. He wasn’t elected Jesus! The list is still growing. Let me know if I missed anything.
Once again, this is a lot to accomplish in such a short amount of time. He was elected President, he wasn’t elected Jesus.
Your list is full of opinion and campaign slogans.
Even the stuff on there that Obama actually did do has done more harm than help.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM

758 posts, read 592,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

It's amazing for years we were told Bush was a dope and Obama is a genius. Yet Bush is still messing up the country from his ranch in Texas. And Obama, the man with all the power, is not smart enough to fix it.
Nobody said he'd fix it overnight. He's tried diligently. Part of getting things done is cooperation which he hasn't gotten much of from the Republicans.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,772 times
Quote:
Nobody said he'd fix it overnight. He's tried diligently. Part of getting things done is cooperation which he hasn't gotten much of from the Republicans.
He tried diligently between vacations right? Who took more vacations, Obama or Bush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections