Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,610,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Angle: Muslim law taking hold in parts of U.S. - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

She seems too young to be senile, but I'm starting to wonder.
I know about the large Middle Eastern population in Dearborn, but can someone tell me what is supposed to be up with Frankford, Texas?

Another blogger actually made this comment about this weird reference:

Quote:
And Frankford, Texas? Well, here's the thing. If you Google up Frankford Sharia, all you get is references to Angle's quote. If you eliminate Angle's quote, you get nothing except a few stray references to Angle's quote that don't use her name or the exact wording. And while you're doing all this, you actually find some locals saying that there IS NO FRANKFORD, TEXAS. It's either a ghost town or a suburb of Dallas. The point being, I can't find a single wingnut passing along a forwarded e-mail that says the scary Muslims have taken over a town in Texas.
Apparently Frankford, Texas was annexed over 35 years ago by Dallas--it doesn't even exist anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 11:55 AM

436 posts, read 912,189 times
They would just have to kill me because there is no way in hell I would ever convert to Islam!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 30,030,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Fear-mongering? She's right. Some of you folks should open your eyes and see what's going on in this country.

Answering Muslims: SPECIAL REPORT:Sharia Comes to Dearborn, Michigan

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-24-500-a.html
Fear-mongering.

Straight-out fear mongering.

People SHOULD be able to resolve issues outside the court systems. Our court systems are over-burdened as it is, and if the people in dispute want to work out their problem by referring to their religious beliefs, it is solely the business of the people involved in the dispute. Just like if a wife and a husband want to try to work out their problems with a marriage counselor.

As for the coach, maybe if the coach had done his job, he'd still have it. As an employee for the school, he shouldn't have allowed his assistant coach to try to convert students to a different religion. He tolerated it because it wasn't done in his presence. But he was aware of it. Since he knew of it, he should have put a stop to it. He didn't, and he lost his job.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,666,929 times
Ahh, the liberals trying to distract people from thinking about what a piece of sh## Dingy Harry Reid is. Anything to keep them from spending time thinking about him and what a loser he is.

Lets not forget Dingy Harry proclaiming to America that the war in Iraq was lost. Waving the white flag for our military for political gain. Its time to run that treasonous bastard out of DC. Oh, BTW, didn't his buddy with a perfect negro dialect recently stand up and talk about our success in Iraq?

Show Harry Reid the door Nevada.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 PM

22,270 posts, read 19,599,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i don't think he said that: he said, the country is leaning in the same direction. Of course it had nothing to do with Islamic values directly. Either way, I am certainly a Christian, somewhat fundamentalist and I just thought the entire thing was a joke.

Nita
Look at his post. He meant just that. His for example thing?? It was obvious he was trying to compare the Sesame Street thing with Katy Perry to Islamic values. Kind of an insane comparison, especially considering it was the uber conservative Christian group the PTC that led the fight to get it pulled.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:58 PM

888 posts, read 1,191,189 times
There is about as much chance of Sharia Law gaining a significant foothold in this country..........................................
.............as there is of the NY Yankees changing their uniforms.....to burkas!!??

Steve

Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 PM

5,389 posts, read 7,260,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
They would just have to kill me because there is no way in hell I would ever convert to Islam!
I think you can put that really low on your life's worry list.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,051,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Ahh, the liberals trying to distract people from thinking about what a piece of sh## Dingy Harry Reid is. Anything to keep them from spending time thinking about him and what a loser he is.

Lets not forget Dingy Harry proclaiming to America that the war in Iraq was lost. Waving the white flag for our military for political gain. Its time to run that treasonous bastard out of DC. Oh, BTW, didn't his buddy with a perfect negro dialect recently stand up and talk about our success in Iraq?

Show Harry Reid the door Nevada.
Too bad his replacement would be this kook.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,256,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I know about the large Middle Eastern population in Dearborn, but can someone tell me what is supposed to be up with Frankford, Texas?

Another blogger actually made this comment about this weird reference:

Apparently Frankford, Texas was annexed over 35 years ago by Dallas--it doesn't even exist anymore.
Texas allows a mutual agreement in Sharia and settlement of disputes from those mutual agreements, providing there is NO conflict with Texas law.
Quote:
Frankford was nine miles northwest of Richardson in extreme southwestern Collin County. Settlement of the area began around a campsite on the Shawnee Trail near a small spring on Halls Branch, used in the 1850s and 1860s as a stopping point and watering hole for traildrivers and other travelers.
- - - -
The city of Dallas annexed the area in 1975, and in 1990 local children attended the Plano schools.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:43 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,610,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Texas allows a mutual agreement in Sharia and settlement of disputes from those mutual agreements, providing there is NO conflict with Texas law.
Okay sure, but what's the specific deal with Frankford, Texas. Why did she single out a fairly unknown suburban neighrborhood of Dallas? I've never heard any specific controversy involving Muslims and that location--and I can't find any evidence of any through a GoogleSearch. Is this a mistake and she meant to refer to somewhere else?

Last edited by Deezus; 10-08-2010 at 06:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections