Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM

25,892 posts, read 20,855,894 times

Advertisements

And she wants to be taken seriously. Did she really think that her crazy views wouldn't be held up to scrutiny? Really?

Sharron Angle Claims Harry Reid Is Trying to “Hit the Girl” by Scrutinizing Her Viewpoints « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/07/09/sharron-angle-claims-harry-reid-is-trying-to-hit-the-girl-by-scrutinizing-her-viewpoints/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,322,219 times
"This is arguably the most anti-feminist political tack I’ve seen in a very long time — not just because women aren’t 'girls,' but also because it’s predicated on the notion that women candidates aren’t strong enough to be scrutinized. Angle seems to be arguing that women should be held to an easier standard — she’s 'the girl,' so don’t be too forceful in letting the public know what she believes. How absurd."

That kind of stuff works with folks who would vote for her, though, male and female.

Hard to believe.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,128,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And she wants to be taken seriously. Did she really think that her crazy views wouldn't be held up to scrutiny? Really?

Sharron Angle Claims Harry Reid Is Trying to “Hit the Girl” by Scrutinizing Her Viewpoints « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/07/09/sharron-angle-claims-harry-reid-is-trying-to-hit-the-girl-by-scrutinizing-her-viewpoints/ - broken link)
Reminds me of Hillary crying to get sympathy votes.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:28 PM

25,892 posts, read 20,855,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I agree. One of the reasons I wouldn't vote for her.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,790,199 times
If Angle wins, I hope she won't mind if Democrats start talking about using "Second Amendment remedies" (as she would say) to "reload" (as Palin would say) and take her out (again, as Angle would say).

Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 AM

555 posts, read 881,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

And Harry Reid's view that 20 million illegal aliens should be given amnesty and citizenship isn't crazy? It is more than crazy. It is anti-American and treasonous, yet there is a real chance it could come to pass.

None of Sharon Angle's "crazy views" would ever have a chance of becoming law were she elected, but she would vote against amnesty, and that is the only vote that matters, and that is the most important vote that will ever take place in the history of this country. As a freshman Senator she will have no seniority and will simply follow the party line.

Nevadans have a choice to vote for America or to vote for Mexico

Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,460,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
And Harry Reid's view that 20 million illegal aliens should be given amnesty and citizenship isn't crazy? It is more than crazy. It is anti-American and treasonous, yet there is a real chance it could come to pass.

None of Sharon Angle's "crazy views" would ever have a chance of becoming law were she elected, but she would vote against amnesty, and that is the only vote that matters, and that is the most important vote that will ever take place in the history of this country. As a freshman Senator she will have no seniority and will simply follow the party line.

Nevadans have a choice to vote for America or to vote for Mexico
I agree, to me, right now the number one issue is illegals and what to do with them. This is 50% or more of our economic problems. Between lost jobs to Americans because of illeglas, welfare payouts to illegals (ok, government assistance) supporting their "legal" babies, etc. the criminal aspect of illegals, it is easy to see why this should be everyone's biggest concern. I don't care who is running, as long as they are oppossed to amnesty across the board they would get my vote.

Nita

Old 07-10-2010, 09:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,322,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It does.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,038,503 times
she needs to man up....oh wait.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:25 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,407,147 times
And ? Obama played the "black" card...When you have some particularities you can use them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections