Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:27 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,828 times

Advertisements

wow! you are totally whacked arent you? i take back everything i said in the above post about being sorry for your poor education and helping us to understand why certain people frequently mispell. your post belongs in some other forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Oh right America's high standards? Like slavery, Japenese internment, segregation, enron, black water, IrAQ.... because america is a bastion of standards, LOL!!!!!!! And when you walk around trying to act like your grammar makes you better, dont be suprised if working people treat you like a snob. there is a difference between intellect and knowledge. Intellect is somthing you are born with, a natural ability in a sense, knowledge is somthing your parents pay for. Your problem as is the problem with a lot of peopel searching for meaning in their over priced education, is you think the two are the same thing. They are not. Your IQ and your education are not interdependent. Some one could speak creole jibberish and be a math wiz. some one could speak nothing BUT ebonics but could have the ability to create and compose music. So get over yourself, professor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 PM

463 posts, read 646,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
im sorry you had a bad education. all of us here wondered why certain people have less than desirable spelling skills. this was really the point of the entire thread. thank you for helping us to understand. we do not "hold ourselves over" others with poor writing skills. we only wonder why they have poor language skills.
who said i had a bad education....? Despite my lack of willingness to use spell check i recieved the best public education from the best state in the country (University of California). Do I go online and bash a whole group of people because of this? no. than i would be you, being wishy washy over different forms of the english language.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:24 AM

498 posts, read 1,519,854 times
Thumbs up Don Vito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Not me. For sticking up for working class people who for what ever reason were not as fortunate as you to have a good education? I guess that makes me a sad character. Not as sad as the character who holds themselves over others because of their grammar. Grammar is aquired, respect has to be earned.
HI Don Vito,
Thanks for sticking up for us UNEDUCATED working class people. I really like strong minds and people who are not afraid to speak out. I have gotten in trouble with refractions twice now so I do try to be careful with my words. Well til next time. Merry Christmas!!!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 AM

Default nicolepsy

HEy, have you ever heard a Southener say the word hold? They pronounce it, HOLDT. It took me awhile to get used to it. I have a southern speaking book come to think of it. I will try to locate it and give you some doosies!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

p.s. lovin the panties post, hilarious!!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,401,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
WHY WHY WHY?
I want to know why so many people (even normal looking ones) speak so horribly with the "me and her or her and myself aint got no place to go..... etc."
I am sorry for giving such a poor example but it is foreign to me and my brain doesn't easily come up with language like that. I can understand a slip once in a while but to speak this way constantly baffles me. I wonder if the teachers even take the time to correct this language when they hear it? I would guess that the parent doesn't. Why is this the norm now?
I'm sure I will gather a little heat, but this could be an example of our wonderful government school system.

The dumbing down of American education, teachers not allowed to teach the 3R's, instead it is now all about feelings, and PC.

Now, iz a little hongry so I think Iz get's me a cookie. Ain't nuthin like a good kookie.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:21 AM

Thumbs up Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I'm sure I will gather a little heat, but this could be an example of our wonderful government school system.

The dumbing down of American education, teachers not allowed to teach the 3R's, instead it is now all about feelings, and PC.

Now, iz a little hongry so I think Iz get's me a cookie. Ain't nuthin like a good kookie.

Don't leave out the sports! I love sports but they need to get out of the way of ACADEMICS immediately, imo.

That is funny talking.

When you're right, you're right!!
LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 12-26-2007, 01:46 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,401,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
Don't leave out the sports! I love sports but they need to get out of the way of ACADEMICS immediately, imo.

That is funny talking.

When you're right, you're right!!
LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Oh God! How true is that, heck I will provide rep points for that comment.
I know I'm going to sound "old school" but in my HS, we had football, baseball, and basketball. That's all folks.

In my school district today I am able to pay through the nose in taxation just to provide advertised football, baseball, and basketball. But now we also have softball, hockey, tennis, golf, soccer, and so on. The entire paper provides nothing on academic performance but pages galore on our high school sports professional.

I cants reads my deplomer, buts i cans play ball.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
obviously, you have nothing better to do than come here to complain about other people's complaints, so who is the truly sad character?

I was under the understanding that this forum is for everyone.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Thumbs up Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Oh God! How true is that, heck I will provide rep points for that comment.
I know I'm going to sound "old school" but in my HS, we had football, baseball, and basketball. That's all folks.

In my school district today I am able to pay through the nose in taxation just to provide advertised football, baseball, and basketball. But now we also have softball, hockey, tennis, golf, soccer, and so on. The entire paper provides nothing on academic performance but pages galore on our high school sports professional.

I cants reads my deplomer, buts i cans play ball.

Hi Georgia,

Have you read my post? It is in the EDUCATION posts under EDUCATION. I got shut down because of this issue. We will need to start a new post because this is off the subject on this post. It is my fault for bringing it up here, but I still stand by my words. Thank you so much for the rep. How do give you good rep? I know how to do the positive rep at the bottom of my post but I do not know how to work the one at the top of others posts.

Listen, you have a great day and a Happy New Year

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
p.s. go see the cell phone post, I would like to see your ideas on that one too.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Default nicolepsy

Hey nicolepsy,

I do believe that sports are in the way of the ACADEMICS. You ask why people are so iliterate? Well gee, if we all were'nt so interested in sports than maybe we could work on our grammar skills. Gammar does not even compare to sports. Nobody cares how that quaterback can read or write or any of the rest of it. So are you still wondering why the grammar is not in them? You might ask the EDUCATORS OF ACADEMICS, and when you do, then listen to them because I believe they are telling us. We all need to work together if we want our children to work together. As much as I love reading your posts and sillyness, I still say sports are in the way of grammar in every aspect. Did my opinion help you in understanding where the grammar got lost?

You have a great day and Have a Happy NEw Year.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education