Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,418,481 times

Advertisements

Following the trend on this post, I will not answer the question either. What I will say is "Wake Up." The US does not have money. Right now we OWE money. A whole LOTTA money. Lending money we DON'T have to banks will involve our borrowing lots more money. This will lower the value of our currency. Bush has already said that he wants to lower the value of the dollar, btw so I'm sure he doesn't care. Personally since I am not rich, and I don't already HAVE every thing I want, the prospect of paying more for everything in the future is unpleasant.

Since I have read Kitty Kelly's book, I am fairly sure that my financial worries mean little to Bush. While, I do like him, I also think he's fairly dumb. He tried to run his own company and bankrupted it. He tried to run the country and. . . well maybe not quite yet. I don't have a TV so I did not see his speech. There is also too much other good stuff on youtube for me to spend any time watching it, so I don't suppose I will.

At any rate, I really don't care what he has to say. I do have a funny anecdote, though. I was talking to one of my instructors, who happens to be Chinese. He's not rich, but I believe he's smarter than Bush. He agrees that the bailout would be detrimental to taxpayers, and he also said that with all of the US talk of "capitalism" it's ironic that our country will soon be like China, with widespread government control of industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:21 PM

23 posts, read 49,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
What I heard:

Hello, I am an irresponsible idiot who has totally wasted some trillion dollars of YOUR money on an illegal war that I lied the nation into and attempted to do the same with the world-at-large. Instead of creating anything of value of for you, our children or the world, we have wasted those resources and our military on a gross misadventure when we could have by now lead the US and the world off of oil, and to a much brighter future, with far less resources.

I foolishly advised you all to "Go Shopping" after 9-11 when I could have lead you all to a brighter future. Many of you followed that advice and went in debt for Bling-Bling houses, and the foolish trash we have been encouraging be imported from China, creating huge trade losses as well. Further we are presently losing around 700 Billion a year importing the oil I wish to keep you operating ever more poorly upon.

Funny thing about that 700 Billion number. Right now, I am attempting to con, threaten and intimidate Congress into writing me a free-load-no-questions-asked 700 Billion Dollar check to pretend I am going to save US from the consequences of following my foolishness.

Here is the 700 Billion Dollar Question -- Are you going to continue to be stupid enough to keep following my idiocy or are you going to get some balls and brains and tell me and Congress to get bent? We are betting you are as big a pack of brainless ******* as is the Congress.

F U America, and Good Night.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,460,427 times
Quote:
What I heard:

Hello, I am an irresponsible idiot who has totally wasted some trillion dollars of YOUR money on an illegal war that I lied the nation into and attempted to do the same with the world-at-large. Instead of creating anything of value of for you, our children or the world, we have wasted those resources and our military on a gross misadventure when we could have by now lead the US and the world off of oil, and to a much brighter future, with far less resources.

I foolishly advised you all to "Go Shopping" after 9-11 when I could have lead you all to a brighter future. Many of you followed that advice and went in debt for Bling-Bling houses, and the foolish trash we have been encouraging be imported from China, creating huge trade losses as well. Further we are presently losing around 700 Billion a year importing the oil I wish to keep you operating ever more poorly upon.

Funny thing about that 700 Billion number. Right now, I am attempting to con, threaten and intimidate Congress into writing me a free-load-no-questions-asked 700 Billion Dollar check to pretend I am going to save US from the consequences of following my foolishness.

Here is the 700 Billion Dollar Question -- Are you going to continue to be stupid enough to keep following my idiocy or are you going to get some balls and brains and tell me and Congress to get bent? We are betting you are as big a pack of brainless ******* as is the Congress.

Oooooh, Philip sounds pretty pissed!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM

188 posts, read 548,936 times
Bush has bankrupted an oil company, he bankrupted a baseball team, his campaign contributor and friend (Ken Lay) presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. history, and he bankrupted the Texas treasury, and now he has bankrupt the U.S. treasury.

way to go Bush!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Quote:
What I heard:

Very good. You gave me a good chuckle this morning.

Lisa

Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 AM

316 posts, read 693,282 times
Quote:
What I heard:

YEA!!! BUDDY !!!! YOU SAID IT ALL !!! THIS POST WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY !!!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,366,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Just watched Bush. I thought he did a fairly good job explaining things. Leave your Bush hating aside and respond with the content he just presented.
I agree. It was the best speech he ever gave, because it was the first time he wasn't lying. Things have gotten so bad he had no choice but to own up, at least as far as copping to the severity of this situation. It was either that or earn the legacy along with his many others, as the President who sat by and watched as the country went into the worst economic crisis in history. Bush's redeeming quality may be that he is not as sinister as some of his actions or inactions may suggest, he is just not very bright, and was all along used as a dupe.

Now I also agree with those who say he only gave us part of the story, did not elaborate on his complicity, or that of those around him, on how their lack of oversight, (is it far fetched to wonder how many were paid to turn their heads?) got us here.

Last edited by ExPit; 09-25-2008 at 11:07 AM..

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,231,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I agree. It was the best speech he ever gave, because it was the first time he wasn't lying. Things have gotten so bad it is time to own up, at least as far as copping to the severity of this situation. Bush's redeeming quality may be that he is not sinister, just not very bright, a dupe.
Everything from his speech last night was read from a teleprompter. If you could sit down and interview Bush about the economic situation, chances are he wouldn't have a freakin' idea what's going on!

I don't trust a thing he said in his speech. His administration has shown us time and time again that they can use fear to get what they want. Sorry, Bush- I ain't buyin' it this time!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,366,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
Everything from his speech last night was read from a teleprompter. If you could sit down and interview Bush about the economic situation, chances are he wouldn't have a freakin' idea what's going on!

I don't trust a thing he said in his speech. His administration has shown us time and time again that they can use fear to get what they want. Sorry, Bush- I ain't buyin' it this time!
Yeah, who could blame you? How can we believe anything from a guy who's lied to us, either unwittingly or not, time and time again? There are those maybe like you I don't know who believe this crisis to be exaggerated in an attempt to rob the taxpayers once more, another coup, like that Naomi Kline book "Shock Doctrine," which basically accuses the government of shocking the American people and while we're in our fog, like a prizefighter in a daze against the ropes, rob us blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics