Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Stickers like the one below...

That should bring in enough funds to fill your budgetary needs for the next couple decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:41 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
You need to raffle something off I live in a rural area shotguns are a favorite item.Maybe a local retailer could donate something for you to raffle.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Well from what I have seen the selling of pre-package goods is popular among so many groups that people often ignore it unless they would make a donation anyway .Among the most popular as far as with public is like cake sales with people bring things they baked from what I have seen. Cookies; candy bars and links are a every weekend thing among groups so being common they draw less; IMO.My churches cake sale in front of a super market makes a lot of money for the ladies scholarship fund every year.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Hamburgers, hot dogs, and home made baked goods were the staples when I was growing up, but I haven't seen anything other than girl scouts harassing shoppers in years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Stickers like the one below...

silly partisan image cut out

That should bring in enough funds to fill your budgetary needs for the next couple decades.
Right, because ensuring that half the people who walk by will never, ever give you a dime is a great way to raise funds.

How does this crap get one rewarded with $500?

Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
cis,,,has the answer, bring a well behaved dog along,,,,

do a 50/50 sell 1 dollar tickets- and have a drawing at the end of the day....the winner wins half, and you keep half..

Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Hamburgers, hot dogs, and home made baked goods were the staples when I was growing up, but I haven't seen anything other than girl scouts harassing shoppers in years.
Right, because ensuring that half the people who walk by will never, ever give you a dime is a great way to raise funds.

How does this crap get one rewarded with $500?
And you're telling me 1/2 the people are going to stop and buy a hot dog or a hamburger? If only 1/4th of the crowd has an appetite...

Sounds like someone took the sarcastic sticker idea a little to personal.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
And you're telling me 1/2 the people are going to stop and buy a hot dog or a hamburger? If only 1/4th of the crowd has an appetite...

Sounds like someone took the sarcastic sticker idea a little to personal.
No. I'm saying you're cutting your potential market by a solid 50% by selling stupid political crap.

Personal? No. It's just an incredibly stupid idea and should be labeled as such. It's also little more than partisan, off-topic trolling. It might make sense if they were trying to raise money at a Tea Party gathering, but not if they're trying to raise money from the general public outside a grocery store.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I agree you want to sell for the good of your cause ;not get too into selling the politics of the cause. That will turn buyers off. Print a slip of paper telling what you do and say volunteers are welcome and a telephone number. Otherwise stick to selling. Also it well to remember man animal lovers are looking at needs in Okla. from storms ;so you need more general public.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
If you have permission to sell something outside a grocery store a few thoughts.
Sell quality durable reusable grocery bags.

Depending on the area you reside and plan to be at, perhaps ancillary automobile items since most everyone likely drove to the grocery store. Say, those collapsible organizers to secure groceries for an auto trunk, or some other such item maybe small first aid kits, flashlights / emergency lights etc...

Best of luck in your fundraising.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
A lot of organizations I have seen here sell bottled water at intersections. You can buy a pack of 24 water bottles for $4 and I usually see them selling them for a dollar each, so that's a pretty large profit, even when you consider the cost of some ice and buckets to keep the bottles cold.

You have to check local licensing requirements before you sell food. Some organizations like churches are exempt from food handling reqirements in some states, so just because you see a charity selling hot dogs or having a bake sale doesn't mean it's going to be legal for you, and you don't want to end up being fined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics