Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,367,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
yes American births are down.

Water is not a economic indicator... yet

Housing... are you f'n kidding me?

Food is inflating at rates not seen since the great depression.

And world weather trends mean millions dead in 2013....

But it's all rosy on Wall St.

1) Population is rising still. Thus people need to spend money on stuff for families.
2) Water will always be needed, and thus a service to provide it / clean it / dispense it will always be needed.
3) Housing, yes, housing. Rental market is booming. Which means that regular housing, as in buying, will recover eventually. There's oversupply currently, but since people keep having babies, and immigrants still keep coming, it'll be absorbed. And it's rosy indeed here in Seattle. My RE agent said to me it's been the best since the crash and more moderated (except in one part of the city).

Spare me your scare tactics and talking points. Give me data to back up your Chicken Little predictions already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,988,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
1) Population is rising still. Thus people need to spend money on stuff for families.
2) Water will always be needed, and thus a service to provide it / clean it / dispense it will always be needed.
3) Housing, yes, housing. Rental market is booming. Which means that regular housing, as in buying, will recover eventually. There's oversupply currently, but since people keep having babies, and immigrants still keep coming, it'll be absorbed. And it's rosy indeed here in Seattle. My RE agent said to me it's been the best since the crash and more moderated (except in one part of the city).

Spare me your scare tactics and talking points. Give me data to back up your Chicken Little predictions already!
Are you scared?

US Census data reveals shrinking population of children for first time since 1970s | Mail Online

As to spending, it will drop to essentials only. The materialistic want it now mentalitiy, is declining. It will continue to decline until WWIII ramps up, then there will be rationing, and shortages.

Food prices will continue to rise due to global drought and rampant fires.

Civil unrest will be epidemic in all major populations around the world, due to food shortages, big brother strong arm tactics and general global depression.

Unemployment in the US stands at 15% and is climbing.

Israel will bomb Iran, and Iran will sink a tanker in the straights, so all traffic will stop.

Scared yet?

It gets better.

Russia will dig in to protect it's port rights in Tartus Syria. Turkey will switch sides and align itself with Russia, China and Iran.

Iran will counter attack U.S. and Israeli bases, and cities. Then the U.S. will nuke them.

Welcome to the new world dis-order.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,879,721 times
That's some good fiction. You should write a book.

About that data Eskercurve asked about to support your points: where is it?

Old 08-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
That's some good fiction. You should write a book.

About that data Eskercurve asked about to support your points: where is it?
Do you not follow geopolitical events?
You think Israel is going to let Iran develop Nukes?
What data or statistics did he ask for other than population growth?

Old 08-03-2012, 06:33 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,367,277 times
No, please, do go on. It's a good side circus show. I'm getting my popcorn ready.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Do you not follow geopolitical events?
You think Israel is going to let Iran develop Nukes?
What data or statistics did he ask for other than population growth?
They asked for data backing your predictions, not just pop. growth data. You've made more predictions than Nostradamus.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
No, please, do go on. It's a good side circus show. I'm getting my popcorn ready.
What, no tin foil hat remarks? I'm dis appointed. Usually you folks go right for the tin foil hat comment.

i'm so sad.....

If you don't see where those brilliant ivy league graduates are taking the world, i have no sympathy for you.

You've bought into the mainstream dream and nothing will wake you up until it's too late.

Rest well in your ignorant bliss.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
They asked for data backing your predictions, not just pop. growth data. You've made more predictions than Nostradamus.
War Drums
We have 4 Carrier groups in theater as i type.
A 30,000 lb. bunker buster has been built and sent to the gulf.
Leon Panetta and his staff are working around the clock with Israel to finish up attack strategies.
All branches of military are on high alert.
F-22 stealth bombers loaded with nukes are in the gulf.

Israel, Great Britain, Italy, France and the rest of NATO have finished drills and sent ships and arms into the Mediterranean, Red Sea and Indian Ocean.

Russia has stated it will not relinquish the base in Tartus.
Turkey has begun to switch sides and join Russia and Iran.

Do you not research these things before you assume that all is good.

Shall we get into the Financials and the IMF reports on Global collapse?

How about drought and food shortage?

How about 15% unemployment in the US?

How about military training to stop demonstrations in the US after Wall St. falls?

What research or facts do you have that point to the contrary?

Everything i've said is easily proven in main stream pablum and drudge reports, Haaretz, Debka, Jerusalem post, Al-Jazeera, etc....

All you have is prove it to me BS... do your own F'n homework before you make yourself look like an ASS.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Kinda funny. Whenever people are asked to provide data to back-up their assertions they don't, and resort to namecalling. It is a generally accepted debating practice that the person making an assertion must prove it with facts.

As it happens, I do stay well informed, subscribing to multiple papers and some news magazines with an international slant. I simply don't have your extreme views.

Here are some of your assertions-mostly unbacked by any data from you, with my thoughts attached.

US Census data reveals shrinking population of children for first time since 1970s | Mail Online

Why is this surprising or cause for concern? We've made it through the baby boom and the baby boom echo. The US doesn't look to be facing any massive population losses.

As to spending, it will drop to essentials only. The materialistic want it now mentalitiy, is declining. It will continue to decline until WWIII ramps up, then there will be rationing, and shortages.
Sadly, I don't see materialism declining. People may say they are being more materialistic, but I think that is driven by classic economics. They have less, so they spend less and ascribe a virtue to it.

Probably true. And increased population pressure.

Civil unrest will be epidemic in all major populations around the world, due to food shortages, big brother strong arm tactics and general global depression.
Now you're just guessing. Many second and third world economies are improving, leading to happier citizens and improved lives for them. For instance, China and India.

The official stat is nearer to 9%, and seems to have leveled off quite a bit compared to 2009-10, but I'm sure you'll disregard that by saying it doesn't count everyone. Do you have any way to back your higher figure?

Israel will bomb Iran, and Iran will sink a tanker in the straights, so all traffic will stop.
Better call the Joint Chiefs and let them know, as I'm sure your not making a blind guess here, and must have inside knowledge... Right? Any data to back this assertion? Seriously, the Gulf has been bad for all of my life. Doesn't seem to be changing-for better or worse-to me.

Russia will dig in to protect it's port rights in Tartus Syria. Turkey will switch sides and align itself with Russia, China and Iran.
You must be quite the master of state craft to be able to accurately predict what other countries will do. Too bad you weren't around to help out Neville Chamberlin. Or is this another unbacked assertion?

Iran will counter attack U.S. and Israeli bases, and cities. Then the U.S. will nuke them.
Ah, nukes will be used. This just makes it apparent to me how extreme your views are. Got any data to prove this assertion?

You REALLY should write a book.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Kinda funny. Whenever people are asked to provide data to back-up their assertions they don't, and resort to namecalling. It is a generally accepted debating practice that the person making an assertion must prove it with facts.
Check your insult meter. All of this is google accessible. You jumped right in and claimed hysteria, without knowing the facts.

Quote:
As it happens, I do stay well informed, subscribing to multiple papers and some news magazines with an international slant. I simply don't have your extreme views.
Maybe better than some, but not as much as others.

Quote:
Here are some of your assertions-mostly unbacked by any data from you, with my thoughts attached.
Fair enough, if you need someone to do the homework for you. I've had plenty of "backup" in this thread though. It wasn't started yesterday.

Quote:
Why is this surprising or cause for concern? We've made it through the baby boom and the baby boom echo. The US doesn't look to be facing any massive population losses.
Work force mean anything to you. It is also a barometer of economic health.

Quote:
Sadly, I don't see materialism declining. People may say they are being more materialistic, but I think that is driven by classic economics. They have less, so they spend less and ascribe a virtue to it.
It's not that people are changing their wants, it's that they can't keep up with them, and in an economy like the USA that is 70% consumerism... we're fooked.

Quote:
Probably true. And increased population pressure.
Russia and the US are the bread basket of the world. The Russian drought and fires have already consumed 60% of the grain harvest, and Summer isn't over till Sept. 21st. They are hoping for 1/3 of last year, in this 3 year drought cycle.

Drought ruining crops in Russia - UPI.com

Quote:
Now you're just guessing. Many second and third world economies are improving, leading to happier citizens and improved lives for them. For instance, China and India.
U.S. Drought Could Cause Global Unrest | Wired Science | Wired.com
Italy
We are teetering on the brink of another global food crisis | Amy Horton | Global development | guardian.co.uk
The Role of Rising Food Prices in Egypt's Revolution | PBS NewsHour | Nov. 30, 2011 | PBS
Quote:
The official stat is nearer to 9%, and seems to have leveled off quite a bit compared to 2009-10, but I'm sure you'll disregard that by saying it doesn't count everyone. Do you have any way to back your higher figure?
The Real Unemployment Rate Is Nearly 15% | InvestorPlace

Quote:
Better call the Joint Chiefs and let them know, as I'm sure your not making a blind guess here, and must have inside knowledge... Right? Any data to back this assertion? Seriously, the Gulf has been bad for all of my life. Doesn't seem to be changing-for better or worse-to me.
They are well aware, and eager to let it happen. The goal is to cull 2 billion people by 2020.. you should read the U.N. goals.

Quote:
You must be quite the master of state craft to be able to accurately predict what other countries will do. Too bad you weren't around to help out Neville Chamberlin. Or is this another unbacked assertion?
Any historian of war will tell you they are mostly by choice, and designed for resource control. Russia has no warm water ports other than Tartus, they are in discussions with Cuba to have one in our backyard. Other than that, they are iced in, and can't get out of the black sea and go through Turkey but 8 months out of the year.
BBC News - Russia denies warships heading for Syria's Tartus port
Quote:
Ah, nukes will be used. This just makes it apparent to me how extreme your views are. Got any data to prove this assertion?
It's pretty elementary. Israel and US attack, Iran counters with chemical and biological's. Then they get nuked. It's basic escalation. Besides the fact that they are in theater and ready to go. Israel will launch first. They have a bunch of them and when Hezbolla attacks from the north and west, they will have to take out Iran to concentrate on Syria and Turkey (Russia)....

Quote:
You REALLY should write a book.
It's all been written. None of this is new or unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics