Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,992,952 times

Advertisements

With EU governments scrambling to cover their sins. The people are feeling the pinch.

ALL ONE BIG Distraction.

Our economic system is on the verge of a total collapse. The US taxpayer is being set up to pay the bills of failing Bank investments.

See this video of Reggie Middleton explain the details of our pending financial collapse that will bring about untold worldwide death and suffering.

msnbc.com Video Player
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,314,990 times
I don't think so. More a muddling through. You've fallen into the "hysteria" trap where you equate stagnation with collapse. I think things will continue on as they are until the next great boom cycle. Right now is quite similar to how things were in the mid-70s. That was not followed by collapse.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I don't think so. More a muddling through. You've fallen into the "hysteria" trap where you equate stagnation with collapse. I think things will continue on as they are until the next great boom cycle. Right now is quite similar to how things were in the mid-70s. That was not followed by collapse.
Did you listen to Reggie Middleton? It's not my hysteria. It's an experts conclusion.

Do you think the European Banks are going to remain intact?

What do you base the next great Boom point of view around?

Have you seen the debt charts, the CDO, CDS ponzi scheme numbers?

79 TRILLION in Citibank alone.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,302,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post

Old 10-23-2011, 05:49 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,077,237 times
Yep. After 4 years of constant talking of collapse it's finally on us, absolutely, it's really going to happen this time.

The best thing to do is go out and buy years worth of emergency food supplies (and gold) instead of keeping that worthless currency, get a bunker in Montana, buy some guns and wait out the end. Stay there until you are really sure it is all over, it never hurts to be careful. Be sure to limit your internet access as those people wanting to distract everyone may try and find you for your gold...just be sure to keep a handy supply of tin foil around too in case they try and steal your thoughts.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yep. After 4 years of constant talking of collapse it's finally on us, absolutely, it's really going to happen this time.

The best thing to do is go out and buy years worth of emergency food supplies (and gold) instead of keeping that worthless currency, get a bunker in Montana, buy some guns and wait out the end. Stay there until you are really sure it is all over, it never hurts to be careful. Be sure to limit your internet access as those people wanting to distract everyone may try and find you for your gold...just be sure to keep a handy supply of tin foil around too in case they try and steal your thoughts.
Why would anyone do that?

When you could live in a major city and have a front row seat to rape and pillage.

I mean it's rape and pillage man... doesn't get any better than that.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,944,349 times
Are you and bchris02 having a contest to see who can use the most hyperbolic language about collapse? Where is bchris02 anyway? Are you him in another incarnation? At least you weren't foolish enough to put a specific month out there; you said we are "on the verge of" collapse. Good, that's sufficiently vague. I have made a note on my calendar to check back with you one year from now.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM

14,449 posts, read 14,399,346 times
Quote:

I just wanted to make this offer to any survivalist concerned our country is going down the tubes and they need to sit on a pile of food in their bunker out in the desert.

Give me those worthless federal reserve notes of yours. I'll be glad to lighten your wallets and take them off your hands for you.

Or seriously, you could pay attention to the economic statistics coming out. Manufacturing is up. Sales of new homes are weak, but up. GDP is estimated to grow by 2% this year. Not where we want it to be, but growing. New car sales are up and so are profits for Ford and GM. Boeing Aircraft has finally worked out the bugs in its new 787 "Dreamliner" and it has over 1000 orders to fill. Apple Computer's new I-Phone is setting sales records. Gallup Poll does a monthly survey on unemployment. The survey says that hiring is going on and it predicts the official unemployment rate will fall below 9% next month. Its not enough of a reduction, but at least things are starting to move in the right direction.

Of course, this doesn't sell many survival products, but a good healthy dose of the truth is what some posters on this forum need for a change. Those who talk about economic collapse are doing us a disservice. The truth is we aren't going to collapse. We do have an anemic recovery going on though. Let's not stifle it by drastically cut government spending right now.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I just wanted to make this offer to any survivalist concerned our country is going down the tubes and they need to sit on a pile of food in their bunker out in the desert.

Give me those worthless federal reserve notes of yours. I'll be glad to lighten your wallets and take them off your hands for you.

Or seriously, you could pay attention to the economic statistics coming out. Manufacturing is up. Sales of new homes are weak, but up. GDP is estimated to grow by 2% this year. Not where we want it to be, but growing. New car sales are up and so are profits for Ford and GM. Boeing Aircraft has finally worked out the bugs in its new 787 "Dreamliner" and it has over 1000 orders to fill. Apple Computer's new I-Phone is setting sales records. Gallup Poll does a monthly survey on unemployment. The survey says that hiring is going on and it predicts the official unemployment rate will fall below 9% next month. Its not enough of a reduction, but at least things are starting to move in the right direction.

Of course, this doesn't sell many survival products, but a good healthy dose of the truth is what some posters on this forum need for a change. Those who talk about economic collapse are doing us a disservice. The truth is we aren't going to collapse. We do have an anemic recovery going on though. Let's not stifle it by drastically cut government spending right now.
I don't disagree with most of what you have said. I do know that Liars are and have always figured...

No one actually believes the top financial behemoths have reported true value numbers.
Appl missed it's earnings. Which is by no means a doomsday distraction.

2% anemic but not terminal.

Regardless of the current economy in the US, you must see the Elephant in the room.

Even the Titanic was unsinkable until it wasn't.

How's this....

ICEBERG....DEAD AHEAD!!! HARD TO PORT... DING' DING' DING'

Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,222,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
the details of our pending financial collapse that will bring about untold worldwide death and suffering.
Two questions:

1. When? This year, 2012, 2014, when is this collapse bringing "worldwide death and suffering" going to happen? Anyone can predict a collapse in some untold year in the future and keep saying it'll come, when are you thinking?

2. What are you doing about it? Do you believe in it enough to take action or are you just finding it easy to post about the collapse but no implement any plan of action to position yourself for survival?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics