Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 06:55 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The claim that New Home Construction is 70% of the housing market is not in the link. Where does this number come from?

Proof please, not just assertions.
See above post. The article does not make that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Default The Money Changers Speak!

Israel apparently has more than Iran on it's mind.

Cha- ching.... gow!

Specter of Euro Collapse Spurs Emergency Plan: Israel Overnight - BusinessWeek

Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
a rebuttal:
Don't Be Afraid of the Keystone XL Pipeline - Reason Magazine

a side comment:
if we continue to have the job destruction that we have (which i believe will escalate as the holiday jobs disappear) we are going to have bigger ACTUAL problems than any "potential" spill problem. there have to be jobs created in this country or we are in serious ACTUAL trouble going forward.

i think decisions need to be made driven on logic, not fear.

also, energy independence would lead to the diminished prospect of war for oil-which would be a good thing for every single american. (not to mention the rest of the world)
We can process and sell Tar Sand here in America. The pipeline is for the Oil Companies to sell it on the world market. We don't need a pipeline

Old 01-29-2012, 08:47 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
See above post. The article does not make that claim.
Yes, I know that. The poster has a long history of linking articles and making stuff up about what is contained in them.

I wanted to watch him squirm trying to explain it

Old 01-29-2012, 10:09 AM

Austerity measures may help the corrupt financials get back on track, but they also bring about a police state.
Greece could be the country to watch, as a pre-cursor to how America will handle it's own Austerity (broken promises) measures.

BBC News - Greeks reject German plan for EU budget commissioner

Old 01-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
We can process and sell Tar Sand here in America. The pipeline is for the Oil Companies to sell it on the world market. We don't need a pipeline
We could do a lot of things that help America. Unfortunately those that run America are Global Citizens that look at Americans as chattel to be used for their own self seeking.

The only hope for regaining our foundation is for a true Independent to be elected.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yes, I know that. The poster has a long history of linking articles and making stuff up about what is contained in them.
Chasing his conclusion, even if it requires lying to himself.

Quote:
I wanted to watch him squirm trying to explain it
I don't think he cares, just soldiers on with the latest delusion.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:23 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
We could do a lot of things that help America. Unfortunately those that run America are Global Citizens that look at Americans as chattel to be used for their own self seeking.

The only hope for regaining our foundation is for a true Independent to be elected.
Obama said NO, I agree hauling this glop to Texas is only to allow the Oil Companies to use it to speculate on the world market. Process it here and sell it here.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Obama said NO, I agree hauling this glop to Texas is only to allow the Oil Companies to use it to speculate on the world market. Process it here and sell it here.
It would be processed here. Where it is sold is unknown.

There is a delicate balance with Canada and Mexico. They have us by the balls really.

Close the Mexican border, and watch oil go up, and the bidding war begin with China. Canada is already threatening to sell to China. They have plenty of processing capabilities.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Spain is collapsing from the Air down...

BBC News - Spanair collapses, stranding 20,000 people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics