Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,988,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's funny most of the "independent Americans who work to achieve" DEPEND on easily accessible army of the disposable wage units under total control of the private entities (i.e. Independent Americans who work to achieve). Yet, a tiny glimpse of understanding that "private tyranies" (i.e. Independent Americans) should be counterbalanced in order to avoid Banana Republic scenario you perceive as a "threat" to "Independence". You remind me those Southern Slave Owners bemoaning the end of liberty in 1864.

Something doesn't add up in your "vision". Public education worked tirelessly to prepare army of the dumbed down, obedient & pusified wage units, just the way "Independent Americans" like it. Now public education is being blamed for what? It did excellent job.
Mission accomplished! Game, set, match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,726,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's funny most of the "independent Americans who work to achieve" DEPEND on easily accessible army of the disposable wage units under total control of the private entities (i.e. Independent Americans who work to achieve). Yet, a tiny glimpse of understanding that "private tyranies" (i.e. Independent Americans) should be counterbalanced in order to avoid Banana Republic scenario you perceive as a "threat" to "Independence". You remind me those Southern Slave Owners bemoaning the end of liberty in 1864.

Something doesn't add up in your "vision". Public education worked tirelessly to prepare army of the dumbed down, obedient & pusified wage units, just the way "Independent Americans" like it. Now public education is being blamed for what? It did excellent job.
Clearly, you misinterpreted my comments related to the video. But that's okay. You have your viewpoint and I have mine. I can assure you, however, had I been living in 1864, I would have been one who approved to the end of slavery. But that's not what we're discussing here.

If the schools are teaching children that it's government's responsibility to take care of them then there is definitely something wrong in the educational system. What I do know for sure is that money runs out and when a certain few are expected to support the masses because the masses aren't willing to get off their arses and fend for themselves, a collapse is sure to come. There are four groups of people that I wholeheartedly approve of receiving help, no questions asked. They are the elderly, minor children, our veterans, and the disabled. Otherwise, if a person doesn't fall into any one of those groups, they should be taking care of themselves, imo. Simple as that.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,598,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Clearly, you misinterpreted my comments related to the video. But that's okay. You have your viewpoint and I have mine. I can assure you, however, had I been living in 1864, I would have been one who approved to the end of slavery. But that's not what we're discussing here.

If the schools are teaching children that it's government's responsibility to take care of them then there is definitely something wrong in the educational system. What I do know for sure is that money runs out and when a certain few are expected to support the masses because the masses aren't willing to get off their arses and fend for themselves, a collapse is sure to come. There are four groups of people that I wholeheartedly approve of receiving help, no questions asked. They are the elderly, minor children, our veterans, and the disabled. Otherwise, if a person doesn't fall into any one of those groups, they should be taking care of themselves, imo. Simple as that.
Since money is nothing (literally) without masses working for the money, you implying that Independent Americans holding claims to trillion$ of bits and zeroes would be forced to support those lazy masses by feeding them with bits and zeroes. It's beyond ridiculous.

Masses fend for themselves by selling their arses to "independent Americans" holding survival tickets in their hands. Let's just not pretend that it's Wild West, OK. "Take care of yourself" = "Make your wage slaving arse attractive" to whims and desires of Independent Americans for starters, don't forget about 0.0001% probability of you joining master caste. In order to land a sale (and keep a job) one must tirelessly adjust himself (on multiple levels), jump as high as told and keep mouth shut, etc.. Public education (invented by independent Americans, btw) teaches the youngings valuable skills of obedience, conformity & routine toleration that are superimposed on less than vibrant mental function. That's what keep a wage unit employed and alive in the world dominated by Independent Americans.

I recognize where you are coming from. Rabble exercising their democratic rights to impose the will of "we the people" on the exploitative minority a.k.a Independent Americans is unspeakable crime against "democracy" naturally ). That's why USA has election scheme it has, founding fathers were afraid of the rabble (property owning rabble at the time) too. "Democracy" is fine and dandy as long as rabble cast the vote the way minority likes it (voting for a Presidential millionaire of your choice for example). Limiting the power of minority over your livelihood, dignity & simple survival is absolutely and totally sacrilegious. Private tyrannies of Independent Americans are to be obeyed and worshiped, after all you always can crawl under a bridge and die if you don't like it, that's what makes you free, think about those poor Chinese oppressed by their government and robbed of their freedom to put out or get out.

So why minority of Independent Americans keep this phony Democratic circus going if their greatest fear is "unmanaged" democracy? Simple, they need to legitimate their power and to create illusions in the feeble minds taking their voting rituals very seriously, it's way cheaper than direct repression. Independent Americans need the State to organize & manage the rabble to work & fight, yet Independent Americans are little bit afraid of the democratic nature of the state. Yes, for time being, state is under 100% control of Independent Americans but theoretically state (unlike corporations) is democratic, theoretically state might enforce the "unmanaged" will of the people on the anointed ones. Obviously, there is something wrong with the people finding all increasing anxiety and fear delivered by Independent Americans to the masses (in order to maximize obedience and production) very repugnant.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,726,988 times
Okay. Two things. The first is you use a capital "I" in independent. That may mean you are speaking of the political Independent. I was speaking of independent as in individually strong and able to take care of one self; i.e. not relying on the government. That may be where our lines are getting crossed. Or not ... no matter. I'm not interested in debating this subject with you, RememberMee. I don't argue politics with anyone, not even my own family. I'm sure as heck not going continue explaining my reason for posting the video and my comment to it to a total stranger, online. I simply thought it was an interesting video and decided to share it on CD. Contrary to what you said, I implied nothing.

The second thing I'm wondering ... are you on medication or in an anger management program? It's apparent that my post riled you since you started insulting right out of the gate. It was just a video about a college experiment. Good grief, chill already

Old 02-05-2012, 02:26 PM

26,431 posts, read 46,631,998 times
Food prices will be going way up this year. Another drought is starting up in the same corridor that was impacted last year. Start stocking up on food in bulk when it's on sale now because prices will be getting much worse. I expect oil prices to also go up along with the overall market. Therefore, gas prices will keep increasing unless the fundamentals change or speculators start selling off again. Remember, that the price of a barrel of crude oil does not determine the price at the pump. The price at the pump is determined by the unleaded gasoline contracts and state-level gasoline taxes.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Food prices will be going way up this year. Another drought is starting up in the same corridor that was impacted last year. Start stocking up on food in bulk when it's on sale now because prices will be getting much worse. I expect oil prices to also go up along with the overall market. Therefore, gas prices will keep increasing unless the fundamentals change or speculators start selling off again. Remember, that the price of a barrel of crude oil does not determine the price at the pump. The price at the pump is determined by the unleaded gasoline contracts and state-level gasoline taxes.
Mexico is part of that Drought. They haven't had it this rough since 1977. The Carter yrs.

Idaho has been selling Rail car loads of planting beans to help them to avoid a hunger problem.

Bean seed flows following trade mission | capitalpress.com

Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Our economic system is on the verge of a total collapse. The US taxpayer is being set up to pay the bills of failing Bank investments.

See this video of Reggie Middleton explain the details of our pending financial collapse that will bring about untold worldwide death and suffering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I can only guess when. There are opposing powers fighting for survival, and the IMF always comes out on top.

My gut says before the summer of 2012.

With the earnings season coming up, i would say that the NYSE 4th quarter reports will shock the avg. investor.

Credit has been cut by Billions, Unemployment and wages are obviously stagnate and failing. Christmas sales won't be that great.

There are a couple majors that could make a world financial collapse come very swiftly.

1. PIIGS bring down EU, which brings down Britain, USA, China.

2. War w/ Iran would turn energy on its head. Cost and supply.

One thing that is for sure, is that Bank of America is a short timer. IT's going to be a gift to JP Morgan.
So... how goes the before summer of 2012 collapse with untold death and worldwide suffering? Did you manage to get your funds out of Bank of America before they went under?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,367,277 times
Wow ... um, where to start ...

1) Are people stopping having babies? Are they stopping eating?

2) Are people stopping drinking water? How about buying food?

3) Are people stopping buying houses or renting?

Yes I agree things aren't good, but they aren't "end of the world" either.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
So... how goes the before summer of 2012 collapse with untold death and worldwide suffering? Did you manage to get your funds out of Bank of America before they went under?
Is summer over in your part of the world?

Summer in America goes until September 23....

BofA is going no where good. Everyone but you seems to know it.

Europe is crumbling and the War drums are getting louder and louder...

You pre-maturely ejaculated per usual.... slacker...

Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Wow ... um, where to start ...

1) Are people stopping having babies? Are they stopping eating?

2) Are people stopping drinking water? How about buying food?

3) Are people stopping buying houses or renting?

Yes I agree things aren't good, but they aren't "end of the world" either.
yes American births are down.

Water is not a economic indicator... yet

Housing... are you f'n kidding me?

Food is inflating at rates not seen since the great depression.

And world weather trends mean millions dead in 2013....

But it's all rosy on Wall St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics