Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,542,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Do you even know what I'm talking about? These are tiny freeze dried shrimp that have been in the Nissin product for months as it sits on a shelf. They are not "oiled".

ehhhh!

This just keeps getting worse.

You actually EAT this stuff? Intentionally?

And you are upset you are getting less of it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,632,554 times
They should change the name of it to "Shrimp flavored". I'm with the above poster... you actually eat that stuff? It's got to be through the roof in sodium.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
ehhhh!

This just keeps getting worse.

You actually EAT this stuff? Intentionally?

And you are upset you are getting less of it?

We can't all be members of the oligarchy like you. Nissin provides cheap, filling meals.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,632,418 times
Well, one solution is to go back to the basics. For example, if I scoop a pound of lentils from a bulk container into a bag, I know what I'm getting, and I know the quantity. Lentils, dried beans, split peas, oats... lots of simple and filling foods that many overlook nowadays in favor of packaged or prepared products.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
We can't all be members of the oligarchy like you. Nissin provides cheap, filling meals.
Yeppers. Living us like Kings on de Phat o de Land, mon!

Seriously --- I am just yanking your chain. But that stuff is crap. Food is your fuel -- choose wisely. And like most things -- More Money or Higher Price does NOT equal better.

In real practice we tend to eat cheap, but fairly good. Veggie household (but I gets me meat on the side once in a while when out and about. ) But for real, you can eat cheap without eating poorly.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,547 times
Quote:
Yeppers. Living us like Kings on de Phat o de Land, mon!

Seriously --- I am just yanking your chain. But that stuff is crap. Food is your fuel -- choose wisely. And like most things -- More Money or Higher Price does NOT equal better.

In real practice we tend to eat cheap, but fairly good. Veggie household (but I gets me meat on the side once in a while when out and about. ) But for real, you can eat cheap without eating poorly.
I'm going to try brown rice and veggies from now on.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,632,554 times
Quote:
I'm going to try brown rice and veggies from now on.
Smart man...^^^

Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
I purchased a Nissin Cup of Noodles today (shrimp) and for the first time ever there was only one shrimp in the cup. There are usually at least a dozen shrimp. Clearly they are doing this to skimp on costs and deliberately cheat the consumer. I know this may not seem like the biggest deal for a cup of soup that costs less than $2, but I have heard this happening with other products.

The purpose of this thread is for people to list any other instances (products) where they have firsthand knowledge of this occurring. And also to see if there's any way we can fight back as consumers.
1. Many corporations have chosen to offer smaller sizes for the same cost. ie) 16 oz bag of chips or cocoa etc. became 13oz instead of raising the price.

2. There are a litany of rules companies must follow when selling food and making claims about it.

3. I get tired of the whining about corporations. We've had lots of threads blaming them for having too large of portions and making us obese.

So, if you don't like the product....buy something else.
If they keep the product the same and raise prices then I'd have to read whiney threads about how the corporations and fat cats are "gouging" us. Sigh.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Interesting to juggle this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd have to read whiney threads about how the corporations and fat cats are "gouging" us. Sigh.

Quote:
if you don't like the product....buy something else.
hmmm.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Interesting to juggle this . . .

hmmm.
Not if you actually think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics