Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was odd. Artie's done this a couple of times before and it always alarms me.

He only pooped once in the whole day!

He eats a mixture of TOTW (venison/bison) and Wellness Core. He drinks plenty of water (and pees a lot, as per normal). He's active and healthy and fine. But those days that he only poops once, I freak out. He has no problem with it, it seems, but it's alarming to me.

How often does your dog poop per day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,144,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
He only pooped once in the whole day!
OMG!!! Whatever you do, do NOT poke his sides!

(Sorry..... couldn't resist as I had a mental image of Artie taking off around the room like a balloon that's just been untied.)

Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
OMG!!! Whatever you do, do NOT poke his sides!

(Sorry..... couldn't resist as I had a mental image of Artie taking off around the room like a balloon that's just been untied.)
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"...and, suddenly, our walls were brown..."

Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,146 times
My dog has on occasion pooped only once in a day. As my mom has said on these occasions, "you can't squeeze it out of her". LOL

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
My dog has on occasion pooped only once in a day. As my mom has said on these occasions, "you can't squeeze it out of her". LOL
LOL!!! I know he's fine -- it's ME who's aggravated.

I know that because he's on a premium food, he has to poop less frequently, but when he only goes once per day, it makes ME constipated from anxiety.

I kinda just wanted to hear someone say that it was OK. Ya know what I mean? I'll take him to the vet when I'm crazy anxious because of it, but if others have this same "problem," I'll feel less nutsy.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
PC is special. He poops on command. If I want him to poop, I take him outside to a certain spot and point to it and he'll go. Otherwise, he'll just pee when we go out. He goes around 4-5 times a day, but only the morning one is significant enough to really count. When he runs around at the park, it tends to make him want to go more, so he'll drop a turd here and there.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
this is probably not gonna help.... but dave goes once in the morning and once in the evening..... every now and again, he'll skip one of those and seems none the worse for wear.....

bailey HATES, LOATHES AND DESPISES pooping in the back yard, so will hold it until we get to the park, where she goes 2-3 times during our walks.....

Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM

MAK -- The only thing that Artie does on command is... oh, never mind, he does nothing on command. PC poops 4-5 times per day? I'm shocked, given that he's on exceptional food. Hmmmm.

LTTP -- Actually that does help; the fact that Dave sometimes only goes once per day. If Artie only went once per day EVERY DAY, then I'd be worried. But if it's a "sometimes" thing and other dogs do that too, it makes me feel better. And Artie won't go in the backyard either, like Bailey, unless he's desparate. What a party pooper (no pun intended).

I tell him "do it for me; it will make ME feel better if you poop" -- he doesn't listen, he doesn't care.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
LOL!!! I know he's fine -- it's ME who's aggravated.

I know that because he's on a premium food, he has to poop less frequently, but when he only goes once per day, it makes ME constipated from anxiety.

I kinda just wanted to hear someone say that it was OK. Ya know what I mean? I'll take him to the vet when I'm crazy anxious because of it, but if others have this same "problem," I'll feel less nutsy.
Whoa. We've ventured into new territory here. Now we're talking about our own poops?!

Beesley usually only poops twice a day, and if it's raining outside, he'll go even less frequently. That boy can hold stuff in like no other!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
i bet bailey has him beat .... paws down .....

if she DOES go in the back yard, i know that she is literally about to burst.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs