Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Somes days, one of mine will go once - other days, twice. I don't think a lot of people have an exact schedule - but I could be wrong! I only worked in a hospital and saw sick people.
Artie used to go 3-4 times per day. I got used to that. So on the days that he goes only once, I freak out. I only need the second poop to feel better about it, but when he only goes ONCE, I wonder what's going on "in there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 01:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I wish I could be like that, but for Artie, my OCD kicks in.
Hey Dandj,

They DO make medication for that ya know!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hey Dandj,

They DO make medication for that ya know!
It's ironic, then, that he's had two teaspoons of Metamucil per day for the past six or so months.

For humans, it's supposed to make us "regular" and get it going.
For dogs, it's supposed to firm the poop up, which it has been.

Yesterday's one-poop day is just so contradictory. Maybe he needs an enema???

ETA: Oh! You meant for my OCD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I need buckets of meds!

Last edited by DawnMTL; 02-09-2010 at 01:34 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,250,072 times
One only goes once a day. The other one is a pooping machine.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
One only goes once a day. The other one is a pooping machine.
Hmmm. And I bet they even eat the same food.

Another interesting tidbit: I peeked out into the backyard and Artie was pooping. Third of the day! SCORE! (That means a relatively short walk tonight and no angst for me.) The even MORE interesting part is that I'm really good about doing "poop patrol cleanup" in the backyard, but while I was cleaning up this pile, I found two older ones close by. Which makes me wonder if his "one poop days" were really "one poop that I KNEW ABOUT days" while the other poops were out in the yard hiding.

I may have worried for nothing. The joke's on me.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:32 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,299,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

I may have worried for nothing. The joke's on me.
This is Artie's way of telling you to stop discussing his bowel movements on a public forum!!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
This is Artie's way of telling you to stop discussing his bowel movements on a public forum!!
I agree! Artie would be mortified!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Oneday is nothing to worry about.My do usually poops once in mornign and in teh evening. But sometime he has poopped only once a day. The only thnig to worry is if he poops too many times and too runny for a length of time.That is one reason i actaully ander about most of teh wet food for dogs given regularly. I like to mix qaultiy dry with wet and always start by mixing with regualr ofod given before.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM

MAK / Ringo -- Artie's an attention hog. AND he has no shame. I think he'd love it. No?

texdav -- Thanks! It seems to be under control, actually. I think Artie's been pooping "under cover" in the backyard.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Willie is the deuce pooper...he poops on average during two of his three walks a day, but he splits it into TWO poos per walk. So I guess that'[s four poos in two sittings, usually.

His oh-so-special schedule is thus:

6 a.m. - morning walk, about 45 minutes. First squat usually appears about a block into the walk. Second squat usually appears about 15-20 minutes later in the walk. Second squat is usually a smaller amount.

He's then crated from 8-4:30 on the average workday, not crated much at all if it's a weekend or holiday. He doesn't have poop accidents in the crate, he can hold it, plus, he doesn't eat in the a.m., he has one feeding a day, and it's after his afternoon walk.

4:30 - afternoon walk, about 45 minutes. Same poop routine...walk a couple of blocks, squat...walk about 15-20 more minutes, squat again. Second squat is usually a smaller amount.

Eats when we get home from afternoon walk.

Between 9 and 10, gets another long walk if he seems energetic/seems to want one, otherwise, just taken out for a quick pee before bedtime. Doesn't usually poop on this walk, unless he's had a lot of treats or has managed to steal some people food (like a huge slice out pizza out of BF's hand last night). Mostly, he holds his dinner until the a.m. walk.

He doesn't really poop in the backyard, because we can't let him out there to run around anymore like we used to, since he learned how to jump/scale the fence. And since we have to have him on leash everywhere outside, now, we figure if we've got to be out there with him holding the leash, we might as well be taking a walk around the neighborhood, not around the yard. We could tether him out back at poop time, but he barks like a neglected cur if you tether him for even a minute. Plus, he really needs the exercise in order to be calm when crated, and just happy and healthy overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs