Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,250,956 times

Advertisements

Most days Shadow is poops like clockwork once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Every once in a while she will only poop once in a day.

Road trips are an entirely different story. Shadow does not like to go in strange places. Once she declined to pee or poop for 4 days. Not because she was not given the opportunity, but because she is weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Whoa. We've ventured into new territory here. Now we're talking about our own poops?!

Beesley usually only poops twice a day, and if it's raining outside, he'll go even less frequently. That boy can hold stuff in like no other!
Not really -- I'm constipated with anxiety, not with "other stuff." But I'm happy to share my bathroom rituals with you, but only if you're REALLY interested. Otherwise, it's just bragging.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Most days Shadow is poops like clockwork once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Every once in a while she will only poop once in a day.

Road trips are an entirely different story. Shadow does not like to go in strange places. Once she declined to pee or poop for 4 days. Not because she was not given the opportunity, but because she is weird.
OK, the first part made me feel better. The second part upset me because Shadow is one stubborn doggie! FOUR DAYS??? WOW!!!! That's some bladder! And colon!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Are we talking about Artie's poop again???

Ringo and Lucy usually go about twice a day. And, yes, I freak out if Lucy only goes once. Ringo, not so much. He has what must be a cast iron stomach.

I must be a really bad owner because I don't always know how often Ringo has gone. He spends half the day outside and I just assume he goes when he needs to and/or he'll let me know if his tummy hurts.

After that one bout with Lucy, though, I keep a closer eye on her. Plus, she doesn't venture out as long or as often as Ringo. AND, she goes insane if she gets a little gas.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 AM

13,409 posts, read 28,752,083 times
Usually twice a day, once in the Am and once in the PM
On occasion she has only gone once during 24 hours, nothing to get excited about

Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,973,193 times
Sometimes once, sometimes twice.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Ringo -- What can I say? I don't have many hobbies. I'd lose track also, if I had two dogs. But Artie is my prime poop focus so... My friend in the neighborhood has two Labs and when we walk together and he hears me BEGGING Artie to poop, he asks me "Don't you know that he'll go if he has to?" Yeah, I know. But...

Kate -- OK, that makes me feel better.

Fontucky -- Yours too sometimes only goes once? OK, feeling even better now.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 AM

13,409 posts, read 28,752,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Ringo -- What can I say? I don't have many hobbies. I'd lose track also, if I had two dogs. But Artie is my prime poop focus so... My friend in the neighborhood has two Labs and when we walk together and he hears me BEGGING Artie to poop, he asks me "Don't you know that he'll go if he has to?" Yeah, I know. But...

Kate -- OK, that makes me feel better.

Fontucky -- Yours too sometimes only goes once? OK, feeling even better now.
They are just like humans once in awhile their clock is slightly off

Now if he doesn't go at all for more then 24- 36 hours a call to the vet is in order

Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,299,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
MAK -- The only thing that Artie does on command is... oh, never mind, he does nothing on command. PC poops 4-5 times per day? I'm shocked, given that he's on exceptional food. Hmmmm.
I'm in the group that doesn't believe the good food=less poop myth. He's been on high-quality food, with no grains, since we brought him home, yet still poops massive amounts. His friend Winston is on Wellness and poops more times a day than PC! He'd poop every two hours when he was here, pretty much every time I took him out! Maybe I should look into Purina...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Kate -- Yeah, good point about being like us. And I'd be at the vet's door at the 25th hour that he doesn't poop. I will say, though, that the days that are one poop only, they're hefty. I guess that's good, that he's cleaning himself out.

MAK -- I think you should look into diapers, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs