Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,361,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
the term "teacup" is a fad term coined by bybs, puppy stores and millers to charge more oney for UNDERSIZED dogs.
teacups come form a veriety of situations, many come from mothers who wernt properly nourished during pregnancy, and many more are simply putting high price tags on the runt of the litter...

the probelm with the populatiry is people seeinf $$ signs started purposly breeding smaller and smaller with absolutly no reguards to any kind of genetic testing...and given most of these smaller dogs were already runts (runts are typically weaker in the immune system) breedin grunt to runt has worsend the health of an already damaged breed.

personally id RUN form any "breeder" using the term "teacup"
(this goes for chihuahuas too...i mean seriously is 3lbs not small enough?!)

Amen. I didn't want to put it so directly, but I'm glad you did!

And as the new owner of a tiny puppy who will be a medium or large dog, I can't understand why anyone would want a dog that small. I'm stepping on this little guy enough as it is. I'm also getting tired of bending over a hundred times a day to pick him up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,447 times
As I stated before teacuo are only safe when they are the runt of the litter. Mine is actually the runt. Howvever he's healthy and doing well. He's 1year and 3 months. He's 2.3lbs.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:25 PM

84 posts, read 241,662 times
Default teacup poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo08 View Post
I am looking for info on the teacup poodles such as how big do they actually get as adults, what are their temperaments and anything else you may know? Thanks
I have had 8 poodles over the years, normally I have 2 at a time, which I do now. I have had 3 teacups and 5 toys. My teacups were 2.5 to 4. My toys were 5 to 8 pounds. All of mine were for pleasure not show or competition dogs.

Teacups are wonderful not good around small children to delicate, and could easily be hurt. I never let mine jump. Never had any health problems other than having teeth pulled. First thing with a teacup or toy teach then to walk beside you or behind you so as not to step on them. My Cayenne is 1.5 years old, andwights 3.1 pounds. I do think the smaller the poodle the more intelligent.

Depending on the size and the quality and breeder, a Teacup canbe from $2,000 to $5,000. I try to get one that is at leaset 8 months old, as they are pretty much done growing and you know what you have.

Toys form $600 to $2500

Toys are wonderful also, and again the same treatment to them. My Bella is 7 years old and weights 6.5 pounds. I will try to attach a photo and you will see the difference.

Poodles are very smart, and will try to take control, so in the beginning let them know your are the "leader of the pack" dogs are pack animals. Most of mine dogs have been from 8 months to 3years when I get them, and I assure you no matter the age they adjust to the new environments. These are great apartment dogs, or great for older people as they can run and play in the house, where you miniatures and standard, have to be exercised. My teacup is trained for a potty pad and if I get another I would do the same, all my others went outside winter and summer.

Make sure you heck a breeder out really good before
Puechasingteacup poodle-rsz_cropped_pretty_setting_in_bed.jpg

Old 12-02-2015, 04:26 AM

6 posts, read 3,559 times
Toy poodles are a great choice as I love my three toy poodles to bits. They are easy to train. But anything smaller than toy seems too small for me.

Is there any update on your teacup poodle search?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs