Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,916,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
We cut their nails at home ( we bought a good nail clipper at a pet store - the one that has a "safety thing" where you cannot cut "too much" nail )

Lastra, when you have a chance can you check the name of the clippers you have? I bought a pair ...it didn't have the safety feature you mention and..well...it was not a good scene and I about freaked out as well as the dog!

**I like to read about products people have had good luck with and maybe try it myself.**

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 03:40 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,287,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Oh, she loves to be vacuumed
whaaat? That's awesome. Cody is scared of non-human objects and stays outta the way of the vacuum, BUT thats better then most herding breed and the need to take the vacuum down.

YAY FOR HERDING BREEDS! What do you have?
show me a pic. I'm such a sucker for them!!!

here's a pic of our guy. I always post pics ....I can't help it ....I WUB HIM!

black dog is Bonnie(chow,b.c.,springer and everything else), little tri dude is my mini Aussie Cody-boy, Black and white bigger dog is Bonnies bro Clyde and the gorgeous fawn and white is my parents cocker spaniel ....prettiest one around. Cody and the cocker are both what we call "pet store pups". Both were over-bred and mistreated until we rescued them.
They are all best buddies!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,621,863 times
I bathe my 10 pound dachshund/toy poodle mix in the tub. Her name is Honey. She will jump in if I ask her to. I wouldn't say she enjoys her bath but she's easy to bathe. I use a moisturizing oatmeal dog shampoo from PetSmart. I can't remember the brand. During the summer, I bathe Honey at least once a week, more often if she rolls in something stinky. I always wash her green feet after I mow then lawn. I wrap her in towels and snuggle with her as long as she'll let me. Then she jumps out of the towels and runs around the house like she's running a marathon. She slides her chin along the carpet and rolls around on her back. During the winter, I blow dry her fur before leaving the bathroom.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:30 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,513,189 times
Here are two pictures of Chelsea, she is very photogenic.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,717,683 times
We usually bathe ours in the hotels. We remove the shower head and hook up a short hose and put a sprayer on the end. We use a natural cedar shampoo to remove all the dirty and smell good. Then we use a color enhancer (it works on brown, red & brindles so it covers most the dogs) after to bring out the color and also have a whitener we use on the white dog and on our dogs white parts (chest, legs, face). For drying I squeeze the excess water from them, down there legs and then the feet. Then we take them out of the tub, place them on a towel and use a towel to get the most water off that we can. Then we stick them in a crate or to lay on a towel and use a dryer on them that blows warm air. After that we brush the coat out.

At home we have a commercial sink, it is very large and has separated sink sections. Its big enough to fit a large dog in. It also has the facet and a the sprayer really good sprayer on it. Its something you would see in a nursing home, restaurant, any place that deals in food.

We bathe them before every show so it can be a couple times a month or just once a month or whatever. Other then that we rarely bathe unless they were to get dirty.

None of them seem to mind baths. They take it as fun attention I guess. Massaging shampoo and a nice warm rinse then the drying attention after. They have been getting bathed since they were young so they are really used to it.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:58 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,573,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I really just want to see how everyone else does this. Bath time at our house is not fun at all! lol! So, do you bathe your dog in the bathtub, outside with a water hose, do you take them to the groomer? Do you have a certain shampoo that you like best and that is the best for your dog? Does your dog like baths? Do you do something to dry your dog besides just towel drying? What's your normal bath routine, oh and how often do you normally bathe your dog?
here we have doggie baths in and out and all set up for you in and out.
i like it i love it i cannt get enough of it.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,916,064 times
Quote:
Awww...Chelsea is adorable!....love her markings...looks like she enjoys tearing up the beach!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:19 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,287,095 times
Quote:
is she deaf??? ...just asking because her head is white but you can see the inners of her ears are colored ...sometimes they end up deaf when the ears are like that. I don't know if that holds w/ mutts tho.

She is ADORABLE! ...what's the combo? ....corgi-mix? I'd steal her from you!. ...she looks so snuggle-y

Old 09-23-2007, 11:15 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,513,189 times
She has excellent hearing, her white coat comes from the Jack Russel in her, here size comes from the herd dog, a McNab . The McNab was and is bred out of the McNab ranch/Family in Ukiah. The breed has been used for herding here in California, especially northern california, since the 1800's. I first saw her as a puppy when a neighbor was walking by with her, I ended up adopting her three months later. She has an amazing sense of humor, there are times I would swear she is laughing about something. I have always had a dog all my life and she is the smartest that I have ever known, every trick that I have taught a dog, she learned in her first 30 days with me and has learned a few more. She is very understanding of senior dogs since she lived her first 5 1/2 years with three seniors. I have a client with a 15 year old Tibetan spaniel that is terrified of all dogs except for Chelsea, she is very patient and gentle with him. I love her very much and she knows it. Oh, she really has no herd instinct, but will mouse or rat all day if she could.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,092,523 times
Spot likes baths. We usually bathe him in the tub and we do his nails and ears as well. He has been to the groomer several times just because we wanted him to be exposed to the experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs