Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times

Advertisements

Christmas is coming......

maybe see if there is a rescue group or shelter near to you that needs volunteers...... you could walk the dogs or otherwise help with their care..... get to know one or more..... and who knows, when your parents hear about how awesome the dog is, they might relent......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 03:20 PM

107 posts, read 202,004 times
I was just reading an article that literally made me sick to my stomach and it was about a puppy mill that they found over 180 animals in, 121 of those animals being dogs! How can anyone keep these poor animals caged up in such tight quarters, some of them outside (HELLO, IT'S WINTER!!!) and with no CLEAN WATER OR FOOD! I think it's absolutely disgusting! What are you people thinking? What have these animals done to deserve this treatment? They are innocent and all they want is LOVE! Is that so hard to give? I was surprised and at the same time thanking God that none of these poor animals died, that is a MIRACLE! I really don't understand why there are so many puppy mills and why these animals are treated and hated the way they are. They are hated because if you love an animal, you would not put it outside in the cold, heat, rain,snow, etc. in small cages and just leave them there and basically take the attitude of "well, my job is done, if they live, they live." I have a dog that I rescued when he was 3 months old and he is now 5 years old and he is the best gift other than my mom and dad that God has given me. I love him so very much and I would do anything for him and yet where I live there is someone who dislikes dogs so much that he watches that other people's dogs don't go near his car. He is absolutely ridiculous and obviously does not know how to appreciate one of God's creatures. I don't know what I would do without my baby because he has really brought so much joy and happiness to my life and he was with me at one of the darkest times in my life when my mom passed away. We rescued him at 3 months old and at 6 1/2 months old my mom passed away and in those 3 months that I had him he knew that we were his family and that he would be there for us the way we were there for him and when I got the news, I began to cry and he came over to me and sat by my side and put his head on my lap as if to say "it's ok mommy, I'm here!"For those of you who do not believe that they understand, you are wrong because they understand more than we give them credit for!! He got me through that time and many others, so yes he is very special to me.
PLEASE STOP MISTREATING THESE ANIMALS, THEY DO NOT DESERVE IT!! THESE ARE GOD'S CREATURES, PLEASE STOP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs