Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Thank you for the info Mrs. Its sickening that the county doesnt like oversight.. I think that those who are near by should attend the county meeting on 8/10 its listed on the website they have .. only way to make it pointed and get their attation is to appear and let a voice be heard ..

08/10/10 (Tu) Health & Welfare Committee meeting, 6:30 PM in the Dogwood Room
Purpose:
(1) Animal Control report
(2) Morrison and Viola Animal Control contract renewals
(3) Health Department report
(4) Sanitation Department report
(5) Discussion of any other business that might come before the Health & Welfare Committee

I would be at that meeting and have them on the carpet as to why all the pictures and all the thinks proven to be wrong there arent fixed .. and yeh invite a newspaper reported to go with .. LOL the more expousure the better ..
plus yeh maybe its a good iudea to call the HSUS in .. I have my own opion about them as a group but they are powerful enough to put the hurt on the county for its aminal care pratices .. I wish I was there I wouldnt be afraid to walk a picket sign and hand out fliers of the bad stuff you have doumented .. its the only way .. to make a noise that will be heard ..
yup I was a rabble rouser years ago but it gets results and lets the people know that something aint right.
I'll have to see if Tammy and Clay knew about that meeting - I didn't know!! Thanks for telling me. You bet we'll be there. I think I'll post it too so anyone that wants to attend can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I'll have to see if Tammy and Clay knew about that meeting - I didn't know!! Thanks for telling me. You bet we'll be there. I think I'll post it too so anyone that wants to attend can.
It would be important to make a written request to be placed on the meeting's agenda to address the committee under #5. You can be there and still be ignored/unheard. Get placed on the agenda and it is a bit harder and gets placed in the written public record.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:52 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,949,550 times
Mrs.. I would suggest that if you guys can hurry and print up fliers that have pictures on it of the ABUSED and hurt dogs .. yes make it graffic - and hand them out with the point made that the dogs are abused at the shelter then you might be able to pack the meeting and get them to answer questions ..
you might note that all meetings are filmed for refernce and that its against the law to hold a closed door meeting .. ( the sunshine law ) they cant keep you as a group out and you do have the right to speak .. there is usually a tv thats set up for vsh/dvd stuff so everyone can see what your talking about ..
Serious you have to stand up and make it real to them that enough is enough here .. and yeh start a pation to fire the head guy .. and both his workers .. due to cruelty .. you can do it its a battle but its winnable
Right now HSUS & PETA would be good to get them involved .. if for nothing but the clout and the money they can bring to sue the county with ..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It would be important to make a written request to be placed on the meeting's agenda to address the committee under #5. You can be there and still be ignored/unheard. Get placed on the agenda and it is a bit harder and gets placed in the written public record.
yes I almost forgot .. Thanks Gal for the point ..
You want to win here you have to be able to speak ..

Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Thanks to you both. Tammy and Clay have been handling making sure we can speak. I do like the flyer idea. I'll have to go upload some to FedEx real fast.

HSUS, PETA and ASPCA have all been contacted.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Yes maam if you get hsus and peta and aspca there or reps from them you are home free and that head guy will be fired if you will bring the heat and all of you should demand his resignation and someone other put in charge of that place and make it very clear you want his workers fired too because they are part of the problem too . God bless you all I will pray for you and all those poor animals and that something is done soon .

Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM

I went looking for the critter laws in Tn .. found this very interesting reading

Warren County Humane Society Warren County Tennessee

I accutally think the guy who sprayed the kennel down and then left the pups in the gutter could be ( I say SHOULD BE ) charged with cruelty
theres nothing folks can do about the burial trough .. if they dont have a cermatoruim thats the normal disposial .. sad but fact

Old 08-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes maam if you get hsus and peta and aspca there or reps from them you are home free and that head guy will be fired if you will bring the heat and all of you should demand his resignation and someone other put in charge of that place and make it very clear you want his workers fired too because they are part of the problem too . God bless you all I will pray for you and all those poor animals and that something is done soon .
Just got done e-mailing back the rep from HSUS and updating her with the other info we'd not released yet. I guess this is going to get uglier. I was hoping they'd acknowledge they needed to do better and we'd move forward. Just not going to happen. It's going to be an ugly fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
I went looking for the critter laws in Tn .. found this very interesting reading

Warren County Humane Society Warren County Tennessee

I accutally think the guy who sprayed the kennel down and then left the pups in the gutter could be ( I say SHOULD BE ) charged with cruelty
theres nothing folks can do about the burial trough .. if they dont have a cermatoruim thats the normal disposial .. sad but fact
Tammy and Clay are Warren County HSUS reps. They're on that site. They are also the ones that found those statutes and got them posted up there. I think I'll print them out and bring those along to the meeting Tuesday and see what they say.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:16 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Well mama always said fight fire with fire . If they want to get ugly and make it personal then go ahead and get ugly and make it personal right back with them . God I wish I was down there I could organize a picket line like nobodys business and I would do it right in front of their place . see if you can find volunteers and organize a picket line . They cannot take you to jail we have the right as citizens to assemble peacefully . I would be picketing that place every day for a yr or longer if that is what it took . seems like the squeeky wheel gets the grease . Please do what you can thanks .

Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 AM

We've had a few people mention a picket line. It just may happen yet.

We've got two ladies that have been able to make some incredible changes in other small town shelters that are helping us now. They said it takes a while and you can't expect things to change over night. *whines* But I want them to change over night!!!! Gah!

In the meantime the TBI did a half *** job investigating and immediately turned it over to the sheriff's office who said they went out to investigate and the place seemed clean and animals seemed to be taken care of. Duh! They've had over a week to clean the place up. You thought they'd beat dogs right in front of you or spray their bodily waste back onto them with you there? What kind of Mickey Mouse department is this? I retired from law enforcement so I'm really, really upset about it. I've always been a supporter of LEOs and the first to try to see things from their side, but it seems like they're just blowing this off to get rid of it.

The vet is pulling records on the dog with the broken back and will have them ready for the media on Monday he said. If they ignore that I don't know what more we can do to make people see there are issues there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs