Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,949,550 times

Advertisements

I'm in and cheering this on .. HIGH 5 Mrs!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times
Just got off the phone with Tammy. I've done all I can. We need her info. She's so scared. Last time when those dogs died it really affected her and I know she's having flash backs. I keep reassuring her that yes, it's going to be bad now for a while, but ultimately they will have no chance but to do something and fix this and in the long run we're going to be so much better off for these babies. She knows it, but she feels like she's signing the death warrant of every single animal there. I'm so sorry for her right now. I wish I could do more. I wish it were on my shoulders. I can handle it. I don't like it, but I'm able to see long term. She's very much a here and now person. It's hard for her. But she knows it got to be done and she's working on it. We'll get them!!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 PM

You dont think that jerk guy would go in and have the ALL critters euthed just because he could .. just to show "YOU" he had that much power.......... do you?
OMG I hope somebody is watchingand will report it to the public ..
::sighs:: I'm saying my prayers ..

Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
You dont think that jerk guy would go in and have the ALL critters euthed just because he could .. just to show "YOU" he had that much power.......... do you?
OMG I hope somebody is watchingand will report it to the public ..
::sighs:: I'm saying my prayers ..
Oh, I know he will. I'll actually be shocked if he doesn't. They'd gone to the little local paper several years back about things going on there. When he found out, that's exactly what he did. The difference this time is we're not backing off. We won't quit sending out photos and info and documentation until something is done for good.

So I know every animal in there is going to die. We've been going in daily though and getting pictures of every single one and keeping records. Any he kills he's going to need a papertrail to show where they are. And we did get them to pass a policy early this year that they'd give them three days before they euth'd them and they now have to have kennel cards documenting what day they came in. So if we see one with a Monday date on the card when we go in on Monday and it's not there Tuesday, he's up the creek unless he can give us the name address and phone number of the person that adopted it.

The big difference for us right now is that we won't be able to pull any out of the shelter to save them. We got 12 out before this broke, but there are some we couldn't save for lack of space. I've got close to 40 dogs in my house right now and a mom with 8 more puppies coming in tonight. The good news is mom and 9 puppies leave Sunday for their transport north. And of the ones in my house 2 are moms and 18 are babies.

Even so, we're packed in for sure. Thank God they're all such good dogs or this could never work. Cross your fingers for us at the adoption event tomorrow. If I can just get 6 of them adopted it'll make a big difference in the house.

Until then all my extra bedrooms have kennels and the library, den and living room have kennels. You should see us trying to get everyone rounded up and put in kennels when we need to go shopping or go to bed. It takes and hour just to get them crated. Over an hour to make sure every has their food and water and medicine for those that are sick. I really need more foster homes!

Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times
I am going to put a link on my page. I had no idea it was in McMinnville. I know some folks who live there.
Everyone please join.. we need to help the animals and Mrs1885

Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
40 dogs?! WOW!!! And I thought I had it rough with 10 creatures under my roof right now...eegads, you really are a saint! Know all fingers, toes, and paws over here are crossed in hopes that you find good homes for a bunch of them at the adoption event tomorrow! Oh, and I also joined your FB page and sent suggestions to all my animal-loving friends too...!

Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I am going to put a link on my page. I had no idea it was in McMinnville. I know some folks who live there.
Everyone please join.. we need to help the animals and Mrs1885
Mmmm hmmm..... McVegas. Ugh......

Thanks Keeper. If this doesn't work I think my shelter coordinator may lose her mind. This is just taking a huge toll on her. I told her if she gets too stressed I'll come to her house, drink half a glass of wine and she can laugh at me. I'm a light-weight and it's pretty common knowledge. I drink maybe once a year and when I do, a sniff of the bottle knocks me on my keister. The adoption coordinator saw me after a few drinks recently and has told everyone. I'm apparently a very funny, happy, loving little drunk. The thought of me at her house crawling around schnockered playing with her 10 Great Pyrs got a chuckle out of her at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
40 dogs?! WOW!!! And I thought I had it rough with 10 creatures under my roof right now...eegads, you really are a saint! Know all fingers, toes, and paws over here are crossed in hopes that you find good homes for a bunch of them at the adoption event tomorrow! Oh, and I also joined your FB page and sent suggestions to all my animal-loving friends too...!
Oh yeh. We've taken in 2 litters of motherless kittens recently too, but thankfully we have 2 foster step up to bottle feed them or we'd have those too. And in this zoo is also 3 cats that seem to think they're dogs. I guess if I was raised in a house with a bunch of dogs I'd probably not know the difference either. I guess I'm just lucky my daughter doesn't bark!

Thanks for joining and passing it along. We've had a ton of people contact us. The shelter coordinators husband wants to be the contact person. He has seen the most first hand so he's the logical choice. I didn't want to put them in the spot light so I was willing to be first on the firing range. I was shocked and proud when they came forward. Told them I'm right beside them the whole way, but they're leading this fight for sure. They are the strong ones and they are the ones doing the real hard work. I'm so proud and honored to know them. Now more than anytime in the past.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,672,940 times
I "liked" your FB page. Keep up the good work!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Oh, I know he will. I'll actually be shocked if he doesn't. They'd gone to the little local paper several years back about things going on there. When he found out, that's exactly what he did. The difference this time is we're not backing off. We won't quit sending out photos and info and documentation until something is done for good.

So I know every animal in there is going to die. We've been going in daily though and getting pictures of every single one and keeping records. Any he kills he's going to need a papertrail to show where they are. And we did get them to pass a policy early this year that they'd give them three days before they euth'd them and they now have to have kennel cards documenting what day they came in. So if we see one with a Monday date on the card when we go in on Monday and it's not there Tuesday, he's up the creek unless he can give us the name address and phone number of the person that adopted it.

The big difference for us right now is that we won't be able to pull any out of the shelter to save them. We got 12 out before this broke, but there are some we couldn't save for lack of space. I've got close to 40 dogs in my house right now and a mom with 8 more puppies coming in tonight. The good news is mom and 9 puppies leave Sunday for their transport north. And of the ones in my house 2 are moms and 18 are babies.

Even so, we're packed in for sure. Thank God they're all such good dogs or this could never work. Cross your fingers for us at the adoption event tomorrow. If I can just get 6 of them adopted it'll make a big difference in the house.

Until then all my extra bedrooms have kennels and the library, den and living room have kennels. You should see us trying to get everyone rounded up and put in kennels when we need to go shopping or go to bed. It takes and hour just to get them crated. Over an hour to make sure every has their food and water and medicine for those that are sick. I really need more foster homes!
Wow I wish I could help you I have a spare bedroom with only two crates some potty pads and a bird cage in there and I know if I had to I could stuff 3-4 more crates in there I wish I could help I am two states away though .

Old 07-31-2010, 06:28 AM

I would help as well .. I do have coupla empty crates .. you get the transports set up and I will help as well .. small dogs please .. Hooch is fine with little bitty dogs but wants to fight with anything big as him .. and he isnt that big
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs