Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times

Advertisements

Take heart, a few ppl can make a difference. Our city is only 8K and 20 ppl got things changed here.
I thought the Police chief was gonna have a stroke when it was brought up that the AC officer said he killed all the dogs to go on vacation. We were not allowed to speak at the regular meeting but at the meeting they had before the regular meeting.. Go figure that one out

It amazes me that politicians think that once they are elected they don't have to listen to anyone. The newspaper guy saying he went there once and everything was fine kind of says it all.

I know it is frustrating but keep on plugging, you have a lot of ppl behind you. Send a link to the state attorney general, Oprah, animal planet and anyone else you can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,949,550 times
This is well done decent vid of some facts that warren county seems to want to ingore ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkeawzgI-eA

Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Default Yanno Mrs...

I think we could get some postive feed back and maybe bring the house down on the County Commish.. Post this Vid/ story on every pet forum on Craigslist .. make folks aware of the issue in a way they arent gonna forget .. it will make some huge waves I am sure .. what do you think?

[LEFT][/LEFT]

Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM

here it is august 10th and they have nt changed the slideshow of pets there since July 16th .. wow .. Mr Pelham sure knows his job huh?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
here it is august 10th and they have nt changed the slideshow of pets there since July 16th .. wow .. Mr Pelham sure knows his job huh?
Brought that up at the meeting last night and he wouldn't address it. The meeting was recorded. They allowed Clay to speak for 5 minutes first and then Pelham had his statement, a good bit of it inaccurate. He has tried to say Clay staged the photo of Godiva and the puppies, but Clay told him the name of the shelter worker that was with him the entire time and never, ever left his side. So how did he stage it? BS!

I really thought they were going to shut down the shelter. A guy from the local paper that slandered the hell out of me showed up and kept telling us 'Tammy and Clay saved 200 dogs in the last 6 months and now you've done this and won't be able to save any. You've got to learn to turn the other cheek'!! OMG - are you kidding? Ignore what they animals are going through? I wound up ticked and really laid into him in the hallway. I've got the entire group meeting - no commissioners as they all ran as soon as the official meeting was adjourned - on tape. Great points made.

Anyway, I'm going to make a list of the issues and each issue will have a solution that won't cost the tax payers a dime along with an area that's implemented the plan, how well it's worked, and the name / phone of the shelter director he can call for more information. I'll ask him to have a private meeting with me to go over it and it will be recorded. And I plan on posting the entire text of what I hand him and also posting the audio from the meeting.

If he doesn't agree to work with us now, the illegal things that have gone on will be handed to the state attorney. I don't want to go that route. The fact is this county needs a shelter. We've got serious problems. But we need one that's run efficiently and properly and that's where they've failed epically.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Thats some awesome news really .. I KNOW this has been hard for all of you there .. I see that some input is used .. and I see we took it to craigslist to let folks who might not know see theres a issue there in Tn..
I sinserely hope that Mr Pelham does follow thru with the things asked for and that the right changes are made .. I pray so for everyones sake.
Thank you for the hard work and the care you give
Your an awesome lady Mrs .. bless you for stepping up and doing this for the pets.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:54 PM

Question Mrs!

why are the new food bowls put up so high on the cage doors?
Look at the county web site and see the 2d picture on the dogs there .. that bowl is way to high to use for any dog .. Please say its washed and stored there till feeding times .. :: sighs:: just for show or really used ? yes I have to ask

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Thats some awesome news really .. I KNOW this has been hard for all of you there .. I see that some input is used .. and I see we took it to craigslist to let folks who might not know see theres a issue there in Tn..
I sinserely hope that Mr Pelham does follow thru with the things asked for and that the right changes are made .. I pray so for everyones sake.
Thank you for the hard work and the care you give
Your an awesome lady Mrs .. bless you for stepping up and doing this for the pets.
I hope he does too. I really hope he agrees to meeting with me. If he'll just listen to what we want - just basic things like letting the dogs at least go to the indoor portion of their kennel while they spray out the outdoor part - and see that the changes can be done at no cost to tax payers, I just can't imagine why he'd say no. We've tried working with him and doing it his way and he's just digging in his heels. I just don't understand that.

Quote:
Question Mrs!

why are the new food bowls put up so high on the cage doors?
Look at the county web site and see the 2d picture on the dogs there .. that bowl is way to high to use for any dog .. Please say its washed and stored there till feeding times .. :: sighs:: just for show or really used ? yes I have to ask
Looks like it's upside down, which leads me to believe they'd hosed it out and have it up there to dry. At least they're using bowls now. At least I hope they're using them and they're not just for decoration. Although with all the publicity I'm sure they're on their best behavior right now.

Looks like they got the site updated after the meeting as well too.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM

food bowl issue .. whew I was hoping it was like that for a true reason .. ok hope this wasnt just for show .. .. I honestly believe you might have to stay in their faces for awhile .. and not take down the facebook page because soon as they think they are doing as you ask they ask for that page to come down .. I think that all postive changes should be posted and credit given to the shelter for things they do BUT .. it has to stay long term .. and that means being watched ..
Yanno I think it would be wise to ask for a replacement for Mr Hennesee .. he has a mean streak it seems and doesnt care about the dogs and cats there .. or the puppys in the drain picture would have never happened
any answers on the class B or euth issues yet?

umm the bowl... again I looked .. thats in the holder HOW? AND are they really using that for storage and filling and THEN putting it on the floor and then going in to pick the bowl up ( dogs play with and move food bowls around ) even if its shoved to the back of the kennel? umm wish somebody could would walk in at feeding time .. and see how they feed .. I hope those bowles are not just for show and food still dumped on the floor.. ..
truthfylly I just dont trust Mr Hennesee that far ..
I went back and looked again at the food dish .. it doesnt look right .. how does it fit in the holder ..
metal bowls are usually in this shape \__/ but its upside down AND the holder is that metal ring that shows on it? so how does that fit in there .. NOPE not griping but it looks off in the picture .. it would make more sense to put it lower on the cage doors and keep the things easy to reach & fill and pick up ..

Last edited by Faworki1947; 08-12-2010 at 10:12 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
food bowl issue .. whew I was hoping it was like that for a true reason .. ok hope this wasnt just for show .. .. I honestly believe you might have to stay in their faces for awhile .. and not take down the facebook page because soon as they think they are doing as you ask they ask for that page to come down .. I think that all postive changes should be posted and credit given to the shelter for things they do BUT .. it has to stay long term .. and that means being watched ..
Yanno I think it would be wise to ask for a replacement for Mr Hennesee .. he has a mean streak it seems and doesnt care about the dogs and cats there .. or the puppys in the drain picture would have never happened
any answers on the class B or euth issues yet?

umm the bowl... again I looked .. thats in the holder HOW? AND are they really using that for storage and filling and THEN putting it on the floor and then going in to pick the bowl up ( dogs play with and move food bowls around ) even if its shoved to the back of the kennel? umm wish somebody could would walk in at feeding time .. and see how they feed .. I hope those bowles are not just for show and food still dumped on the floor.. ..
truthfylly I just dont trust Mr Hennesee that far ..
I went back and looked again at the food dish .. it doesnt look right .. how does it fit in the holder ..
metal bowls are usually in this shape \__/ but its upside down AND the holder is that metal ring that shows on it? so how does that fit in there .. NOPE not griping but it looks off in the picture .. it would make more sense to put it lower on the cage doors and keep the things easy to reach & fill and pick up ..
Giving credit where credit is due is a good idea. But you're right, it means we've got to really watch because I totally expect them to back slide. Someone called Clay the other day and said she called for whatever reason and they put the phone down to do something then forgot she was on the phone. She says she overheard them saying they just need to lay low for now and when this blows over they can go back to doing things they way they used to. She said she recorded it (not sure how she'd have done that) and was going to bring it to the meeting Tuesday but we never saw her or heard back from her so . Kind of wonder if someone in the county offices stages that call hoping we'd blow it up and nothing would happen when no one showed so they could make us look like liars. I know it all sounds so crazy, like we're turning into a bunch of conspiracy theorists, but I just don't trust anyone over there anymore. Pretty sad.

I definitely want a replacement for Hennessee. They didn't even let him talk at the meeting. He sat in his little chair hanging his head the entire time. I think it was totally staged. He still won't tell us how he euths and he still won't allow anyone in the room when he does it. Scary. I got the class B dealer licenses and he's not on it, but I didn't think he would be. Just a matter of tracking the ones on the list to see if they're freinds or affliated with him in any way. That could take some time.

Maybe I didn't look close enough. I didn't see a holder. It looked to me like it was on top of the wall upside with the edge of the bowl tucked up under the fencing along the top of the kennel. Lemme look again.

Oh I don't trust him either. My personal opinion is that he's a very evil man. No one is allowed back there now. The new rules of the shelter are if you want to see the animals, you've got to stay in the lobby while they bring them out on leash one at a time for you to look at. I'd love to spend a day down there having them parading dogs in and out all day. Then do the 'that second one was cute - can I see that one again?' thing. LOL.

In all honesty it bothers me greatly that no one is allowed back there anymore. Who's going to oversee that the kennels are being cleaned and that they are feeding them and giving them water? Who's to say a dog they pick up that they want to keep or give to a friend isn't back there and they lie to the owner? I know if my dog were missing and they told me I couldn't go back there I'd raise hell. The whole thing just ticks me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs