Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 04:50 AM

2,134 posts, read 1,483,883 times

Advertisements

Protein fanatic here (no red meat, all free range eggs and some fish - trying to reduce animal consumption) - but Capitalprophets, I am in your corner. I totally understand. We have our method that makes us successful and that is why, even though your diet is a different philosophy than mine (totally cheering on your vegetable intake - that is great), I think you are on the right track. We can all dig up studies and support different stands, but what matters is that you are doing something positive and life changing for yourself. Good job on the basketball and biking. Keep it up! You make my day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 08:02 AM

2,633 posts, read 2,693,956 times
Great job OP. I'm not a big fan of juicing, but whatever gets you there to begin with. I've done some fasting, which is not as hard as it first seems, but the transition back to regular food is the difficult part. The weight can come back really quick if you are not careful.

I'm noticing your portion sizes with meat are very large. I'm a big fan of meat and vegetables, and I eat meat with all my meals, including 3-4 oz of steak with breakfast. In total, I probably have about 12 oz of meat a day, which is about 4 servings. A 20 oz steak is massive, and is about 6-7 servings. Even a pound of chicken a day is probably more than most eat in a day. If this is what you are eating while juice "fasting", you really need to work on a diet plan for when you go off the fast.

All the weight you lost can come back very quickly if you are downing 20 oz steaks with other amounts of food when you come off the "fast". Doing the fast is the easy part, coming back from the fast will be the challenge. Get a game plan and stick to it.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:48 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,430,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Great job OP. I'm not a big fan of juicing, but whatever gets you there to begin with. I've done some fasting, which is not as hard as it first seems, but the transition back to regular food is the difficult part. The weight can come back really quick if you are not careful.

I'm noticing your portion sizes with meat are very large. I'm a big fan of meat and vegetables, and I eat meat with all my meals, including 3-4 oz of steak with breakfast. In total, I probably have about 12 oz of meat a day, which is about 4 servings. A 20 oz steak is massive, and is about 6-7 servings. Even a pound of chicken a day is probably more than most eat in a day. If this is what you are eating while juice "fasting", you really need to work on a diet plan for when you go off the fast.

All the weight you lost can come back very quickly if you are downing 20 oz steaks with other amounts of food when you come off the "fast". Doing the fast is the easy part, coming back from the fast will be the challenge. Get a game plan and stick to it.
Yeah I'm not completely starving myself because I drink about half a blender worth of juice which keeps me full throughout the day. I do about 60 grams of protein consist of meat, fish, chicken depending on the day.

My juice consists of kale, cucumber, celery, orange, carrots, ginger, green apples. Full of nutrients which gives me tons of energy now and I feel great.

I do have concerns of gaining my weight back once I reach my goal of 200 lbs. But the key to that is to introduce carbs very slowly and limiting it to a certain point. Making sure you continue to workout even more than before and just be mindful. I think that will maintain the weight.

Day 15
Starting weight: 268.5
Current weight: 254.8
Weight loss: 13.7 lbs

Old 04-21-2020, 09:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,837,495 times
Juicing is the real fad diet. I've done juicing diet in the past and it can net quick result but you will feel very weak as you progress. Juicing initially will give you energy as you start to lose bulk and excess weight but eventually you will plateau and all your body's stored vitamins such as B complex start to deplete itself and other vitals will be gone if you keep it up.

The worst thing to do is drinking too much juice, when you overload on liquids your body flushes out excess liquid and you lose vital electrolytes such as potassium and sodium which leads to energy loss and painful joints. Which is why nobody who does pure juice can run or exercise without supplementing protein.

The other bad part is that you will start losing stomach biodiversity, a lot of bacteria that used to thrive on digesting food will die out and you will not be able to eat solid food afterwards,

Old 04-21-2020, 09:57 AM

962 posts, read 617,625 times
I just completed a 40-hour juice only fast.

It was pretty easy, but seems completely unsustainable long-term, for me anyway.

Today, I'm back on my plants-only diet.

I hope the OP is still doing well.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:38 PM

Day 17, my weight today is at 252.6 lbs and I feel great. Today, was cheat day so I had about 80-100 grams of carbs of boiled white rice with starch drained out. Back on my juicing tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:31 PM

289 posts, read 250,457 times
Cutting weight to fast is just going to lead to losing lean body mass and not FAT, 1% of body weight per week absolutley maximum.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Cutting weight to fast is just going to lead to losing lean body mass and not FAT, 1% of body weight per week absolutley maximum.
Everyone loses weight at a different rate depending on the body fat and bmi. Someone like me might lose it fast in the beginning but slows down where I'll have to incorporate more workout.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:39 AM

289 posts, read 250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Everyone loses weight at a different rate depending on the body fat and bmi. Someone like me might lose it fast in the beginning but slows down where I'll have to incorporate more workout.
Yes but its body fat that most wish to lose and not lean body mass absolute max is 1% of your bodyweight a week, but that would have to be under ideal conditions which most will never achieve.
weight loss is a long game no quick fixes they don't work.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Yes but its body fat that most wish to lose and not lean body mass absolute max is 1% of your bodyweight a week, but that would have to be under ideal conditions which most will never achieve.
weight loss is a long game no quick fixes they don't work.
It seems to be working wonders for me. I encourage everyone does the same if you want results. My goal is just to lose weight as I've mentioned a few times in the past. Once I'm trimmed down, I can build up on that to maintain. If you wish to build muscle while losing weight that seems to be your goal, I've already tried that approach and since muscle weighs more than fat. You end up staying or gaining weight in that approach which is not my goal yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss