Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
First of all, I did live in Denver. I lived in East Denver well within the city limits, but it might as well have been a suburb, the entire scene was totally suburban.
Bull****. No you did'nt.

Also, you continue to blame everyone for everything. Look first at yourself.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:25 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Bull****. No you did'nt.

Also, you continue to blame everyone for everything. Look first at yourself.
What are you talking about? On what basis are you trying to tell me that I did not live in Denver? What a wierd thing to say.

I think I know where I was living......

You sound belligerent and hostile. Why?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,854 times
How long have you lived in Denver?

Have you worked anywhere else in the US (post college job on your own)?

Did you come to Denver without a job?

I ask these things because people tend to have better opinions of places when they are not suffering hardship. I always recommend for people to find the job first then move. With a desired job in hand, you can then seek further employment in the field waiting on the opportunities in the place you would like to live.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 AM

795 posts, read 2,410,525 times
I doubt mr. funk lived in denver. denver isnt vibrant? its boring? Well there's 60k people that pass through 16th street mall every day and has the tenth largest CBD, 4 major sports teams, over 1000 shops/bars etc downtown. i guess you are comparing denver to NYC? I am from california (SF, SAC, Oakland) and denver is competitive in terms of things to do. but why should I convince a roaming gypsy of that? I bet you look at people really funny getting coments from strangers asking what are you looking at...sounds like the problem is with you.

I can understand if you claimed that denver wasnt big enough or the weatehr is bad, or even if denver is not hot enough but your complaints are not only anecdotel but borderline absurd. If denver is too suburban than places like Sacramento or Phoneix are lareg farms...

Old 02-21-2009, 09:44 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Ok i'll try to respond to all of you.

Right now i'm on the West Coast. And I think that the entire West Coast is preferable to Denver. From Seattle down to San Diego. This is the place to be. There are some big problems out here too, like a very high cost of living and dangerous streets in lots of places to name a few. But the quality of life is just superior to me.

Here we have great weather, beautiful nature, and the culture out here is much more interesting and international. People are more open-minded and there is a lot more fun to be had. There are a lot more opportunities and a lot more different things to see and do.

Out here. There are extremely good and bad things going on. I prefer it to the dullness and tedium of Denver.

Seems Funkymonk is trying to throw us all a bone here...so I'll take the bite.

He says he lives on the west coast somewhere between Seattle and San Diego. He mentioned the beautiful weather. As someone who grew up in Seattle and still has my entire family there, I can tell you that while Seattle is beautiful, it certainly does not have good weather. So, check that one off your list.

Portland? Maybe, but if you think there aren't any single women here in Denver, try going to the hub of the lesbian community in the USA. That's not being prejudice or narrow-minded. That is just the fact. Just as San Francisco has a large male gay community, Portland is the place for lesbians. You want to talk about a high cost of living? They may not have sales tax, but let me tell you, they make up for it by taxing everything else. Also, their schools are a disaster. They are used as the "what not to do" model for the rest of the country. Their voters voted down every single ballot school increase and now they are feeling the effects. However, it is a pretty city and there is a great train system there. Could be Portland.

San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. It's California. Need I say any more? Great place to visit, but the entire state is a disaster. From their natural disasters to their out-of-control crime, to the overwhelming cost of living, no one but the rich or someone who is okay living with 7 roommates in a 2 bedroom apartment would be able to have a decent quality of life there.

Well, that's pretty much it. He said he lives in a city with a great transportation system, so it's either Portland, San Francisco or possibly LA. I go to San Diego almost once a year and they don't have much of a transportation system, and certainly not one that would make Denver's seem inadequate. There aren't any other cities that line the west coast with a full transportation system.

But, I think all of us are bored with the "where's FunkyMonk" game. Someone said in a previous post that one person's idea of paradise is another's hell. Good luck to FunkyMonk and for the rest of us, enjoy Denver. There's good and bad qualities in every city in the world. You can spend your time complaining or you can find your own slice of paradise. As I said before, I prefer the beach and would move to Sanibel Island, FL the minute I won the lottery. However, since I find myself in Denver (which couldn't be more opposite of Sanibel Island if it tried), I have embraced my inner granola girl, made an effort to meet my neighbors and put on a pair of skis for the first time in 15 years. Unfortunately, I am as bad at skiing as I was when I was younger, so I have found that a great day innertubing fits the bill.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 AM

979 posts, read 2,094,015 times
I would rather live in SF than Denver anyday. If it doesn't have a subway, I can't live there.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post
I would rather live in SF than Denver anyday. If it doesn't have a subway, I can't live there.
Good for you. It's nice that you have your priorities...that helps people find a great place to live. I could care less about public transportation, though I do go on RTD to see Rockies games and think that the metro in Washington DC, London, Paris and Rome is fantastic. For me, though, it doesn't fall anywhere near the top of my list for things necessary in life. San Francisco is home to many of my friends from college and I have never taken the subway when I'm there. I guess that's weird because none of my friends have a car. We take the bus everywhere, and usually a taxi from the airport. Frankly, I didn't even realize it had a subway.

I suppose a bigger question is...why are you on the Denver site? According to your profile, you live in San Francisco/Sacramento. I don't troll around in the Phoenix site putting in comments like "I'd rather live in Denver than Phoenix anyday." It helps for those who are either moving here or looking to vacation here to get input that is helpful. I don't make the rules, but it seems that perhaps you should get off of your computer and enjoy the city that you so dearly love.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:37 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Wow. Why are some of you taking this so personally???

So, I don't like Denver. I think Denver kind of sucks. I think it is sub-par, boring, and lacking in culture. Why get offended by that?

If you like Denver, good for you. Enjoy it.

Some of my favorite cities are San Francisco, Hong Kong and Portland. But if people badmouth these cities, it doesn't bother me at all.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:42 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
So where is this supposed paradise that you're off to?
He moved to Pueblo.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
He moved to Pueblo.
Twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver