Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM

57 posts, read 125,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthXSW View Post
Very helpful, thanks. You said you're building a rowhome, are they planning on building a lot more rowhomes? I thought I heard MLK will be lined with them from Central Park Blvd east to Westerly Creek, and there will be some built west of Central Park Blvd too. They are building something at the SW corner of Central Park Blvd and MLK, is that where you're building your rowhome? I couldn't tell what's being built there.

The most booming section currently appears to be the new neighborhood NW of Central Park Blvd and MLK. Tons of new homes being built there right now. It's close to the school (Swiggert-McAuliffe) and won't be far from the town center and light rail. Any idea what will happen to the old control tower right there? Any plans for the area surrounding it? I wish there was a better map of their master plan online..
The link provided is a good place to look. Our house will be west of colorado studios, near 24th dr/Valentia. Generally it seems the like to "outline" areas with rowhomes, etc and then build single family toward the middle of developments. We are building a Central Park Row Home with New Town Builders. I think there is a few left in our development, and then they are buildling the same rowhomes on the northside of MLK just west of the old airport tower. If you look on the map, these are the light blue areas. I know Century Communities is putting in some row homes to the southwest near Tamarac Rd.

The area to the NW of Central Park and MLK is Central Park West and is the biggest area they are developing right now, in addition to the east area near havana/mlk. Everything else (like us) is in-fill, where they are developing land that is still vacant, scattered in older parts of stapleton. This is generally the Southwest part of stapleton.

There is alot of rumors on what they are going to do with the old tower. The latest I have read is a community arts center for performances (plays, etc). The top of the tower isn't really that big, so its not viable for a restuarant, etc.

If you haven't looked at it, I would also recommend the .pdf link that was post above. It is very helpful. Talking to the builders will also reveal some "future" plans that aren't on that map yet either. That's how we found ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 06:51 PM

17,761 posts, read 30,092,172 times
Default Not true

Quote:
I just know when we get insurance for the home, it only has to cover inside problems.
That is ONLY true when you live in a "building" where the HOA covers the building and the outside.
TRUE (typically) in an apartment-style condominium building.
NOT TRUE (typically) in townhome-style where you own the land underneath.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:40 PM

57 posts, read 125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
That is ONLY true when you live in a "building" where the HOA covers the building and the outside.
TRUE (typically) in an apartment-style condominium building.
NOT TRUE (typically) in townhome-style where you own the land underneath.
Double checked with my realtor today -- My first thoughts were correct. Our insurance we have to get only covers the interior of the home, the HOA covers exterior (siding, roof, sidewalks, plants, etc). We are buildilng the New Town - Central Park Row Homes. It just depends on each situation how they define the liabilities and what the HOA covers. But in our case, it would be a non-typical situation. Where in we aren't in an apartment (or condo), but the rules are generally the same as those.

So we will pay $150/month for HOA but only about $30/month for insurance vs a typical Single Family Home that will probably pay $80/month HOA but $100/month for insurance.

So my advice would be don't worry about the HOA fees. They aren't going to be more than $150, and if they are that expensive, the cheap insurance will even it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver