Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 AM

699 posts, read 2,896,694 times

Advertisements

Hey Mike and Yolanda,

Haven't heard from you in quite some time. Did you get your orders to DAFB? Just curious as to how things are working out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 02:49 PM

903 posts, read 3,507,256 times
Hi Mike and Yolanda,

I'm glad "from PA" brought this back to life... I'm curious too. FYI.. the area my folks just moved into is running a special on rent pricing! Don't know for how long, but they ARE in the Caesar Rodney district. They have 2 BR, and 4 BR, pets are allowed, etc. PM me if you are interested; I can give you their contact information to check on.

Mary

Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 AM

28 posts, read 125,185 times
Default Hey all!

Thanks for thinking about us. We're good...Yolanda is still a little apprehensive about leaving her parents behind (they're from Zaragoza, Spain) but we've been doing the military thing for 20+ years so she understands the way things are. Regardless, it was a long and sometimes difficult process to find a home but we've done it. We're in the process of buying a new home at "The Reserve at Chestnut Ridge" right there in Magnolia. It's a great home, a bit more than I would have liked to have to pay but it is an investment and it's in a great area. It's also great for the wife because she gets to pick out everything and I do mean everything. We got a great price, $30K in free upgrades and a 5.75% 30 year fixed interest rate. We're shipping the van on the 11th, they come to pick up the household on the 19th and we should be leaving around the 30th of September.
While I am thinking about it, what do you know about Moderator cut: edit Morgan Properties on Country Drive? It looks like this is where we'll stay in the short term while we're waiting on the house to be completed...They have no problem with our two pets and it isn't too expensive. My only concern is the safety of my family...when I think of month to month rentals, I don't think of Thurstan Howell the third living there.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by christina0001; 08-04-2008 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: no links to real estate listings

Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Hi Mike,

I have heard from my neighbor (newly retired AF, VERY familiar with Dover area) that Country Village Apts have seen better days. PLEASE check with Eagle Meadows about a short term rental... this is the base housing that is converting to private management I was referring to in a previous post.

My folks moved in there about a month ago, and love it! They are running a reduced rent special right now, and may work with you on a short term lease. PLUS, the complex is a short ride from where your new house is being built, and your wife can keep very close tabs on the builders... keep 'em in line and all that.

Please send me a direct message if you want contact info... if I post it here, it will only be deleted as advertising. BTW - congrats on the purchase! That is a beautiful development going up... I think you will be happy with your investment!

Mary

Old 08-01-2008, 04:47 PM

271 posts, read 996,150 times
Mike,

Of course you're concerned about the safety of your family, and I support Mary fully in urging you to look beyond Country Village Apartments.

Best of luck to you and your family in all aspects of your move!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:49 PM

87 posts, read 311,969 times
We stayed at the apartments at Village of Westover while our house was being built. We enjoyed it.....

Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 PM

28 posts, read 125,185 times
Default Thanks for the sage advice

Do any of you happen to know if it would be a problem with any of these rental properties if we only plan to stay there for around 2 months? I mean the house is scheduled to be complete by around the middle to end of November and as many of you know, we won't be there until around the 1st of October. Also, remember we have a miniature schnauzer and a cat...both good animals but nonetheless, two animals.

If one of you could provide me with contact information for some of the better places, I would deeply appreciate it. Mike

Old 08-02-2008, 03:16 PM

87 posts, read 311,969 times
We only stayed at Village of Westover for a few months so unless they've changed their policy I'm sure you'd be okay. They came furnished and I'm pretty sure animals were allowed. Moderator cut: edit

Good Luck!

Last edited by christina0001; 08-04-2008 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: no links to real estate listings

Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 PM

137 posts, read 313,926 times
Default Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new home to be! We're all glad you found something that will be just what you want.

I predict you will love it in Delaware. You may even decide to retire here. Lots of folks do.

Again-Best wishes and we hope you have a "uneventful" pcs-i.e., nothing unexpected happens.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Hi Mike,

I sent you a PM/DM, with further contact information for Eagle Meadows. Don't know about the short term least, if its only going to be 60 days or so, I would seriously consider putting most of the belongings in a storage facility, then check out the efficiency option at the hotels.

Let us know how things turn out, with whatever temporary housing you choose.

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware