Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 11:19 AM

13,078 posts, read 18,414,803 times

Advertisements

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 46,681 + 226
KENT 13,623+ 71
SUSSEX 21,773 + 90

Hospitalized 247 -6
Critical 23 -1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 11:51 AM

NCC 46,949 + 268
KENT 13,678+ 55
SUSSEX 21,858 + 85

Hospitalized 282 +35
Critical 20 -3

There were 13 lost souls yesterday.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:53 AM

20,536 posts, read 9,439,656 times
just a heads up. When I got my first shot 25 days ago I was given an appointment for a second shot. Three days before the scheduled second shot I received an email that my second shot was cancelled. So much for the 28 day period between Moderna shots. It may take weeks or months before I can get a second shot. The second shots are routinely cancelled I discovered after talking to a pharmacist. Good luck to all.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
just a heads up. When I got my first shot 25 days ago I was given an appointment for a second shot. Three days before the scheduled second shot I received an email that my second shot was cancelled. So much for the 28 day period between Moderna shots. It may take weeks or months before I can get a second shot. The second shots are routinely cancelled I discovered after talking to a pharmacist. Good luck to all.
That is not necessarily true. It depends upon where you are receiving the shot. DH and I were scheduled for Walmart. Got a call that due to the snow the planes were grounded, which was true. We were rescheduled for 4 days later and got a call 2 days after we were rescheduled that our Walmart was not giving the shots any longer at all. They were told they did not know when the doses would be back there. I ran in there yesterday and was told that the Rehoboth Walmart was not giving the shots because there were many who had second homes here. So, I rhetorically said, well how about those of us for who this is our only residence? The pharmacist lamented with me as it is their only home too.

Seems that if you get it at a state run DMV or Curative or Beebe, that unless the vaccine clinics are shuttered due to weather that does not seem to be an issue.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:16 AM

NCC 47,134 + 185
KENT 13,736+ 58
SUSSEX 21,945 + 87

Hospitalized 216 - 66 I have no idea, I even verified that I had the right number yesterday. Seems like a large number of
discharges in a day. The decrease accounted for 1 death so I simply can't make heads or tales of this
data.
Critical 18 -2

Old 02-15-2021, 12:14 PM

NCC 47,278 + 144
KENT 13,756 + 20
SUSSEX 22,017 + 72

Hospitalized 200 - 16
Critical 19 +1

Old 02-15-2021, 06:17 PM

829 posts, read 642,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
That is not necessarily true. It depends upon where you are receiving the shot. DH and I were scheduled for Walmart. Got a call that due to the snow the planes were grounded, which was true. We were rescheduled for 4 days later and got a call 2 days after we were rescheduled that our Walmart was not giving the shots any longer at all. They were told they did not know when the doses would be back there. I ran in there yesterday and was told that the Rehoboth Walmart was not giving the shots because there were many who had second homes here. So, I rhetorically said, well how about those of us for who this is our only residence? The pharmacist lamented with me as it is their only home too.

Seems that if you get it at a state run DMV or Curative or Beebe, that unless the vaccine clinics are shuttered due to weather that does not seem to be an issue.
My husband also had a first vaccine scheduled with WalMart. We went there in fairly bad road conditions and were told that they didn't get the vaccine and they would not reschedule us, but we should go back on the site when we got home and reschedule. As we all know, it's like finding a unicorn to get an appointment and they couldn't have shown less sympathy. They claimed they had not called us because our account had no phone number on it, which is simply untrue - I've got both a WalMart and a WalMart Pharmacy account and both have full information on the record. We called friends who had appointments the next day and they didn't receive a phone call either. They called to inquire and were told not to come in - that the vaccines had come, but there was a disconnect and the state had scheduled people to receive the allocation and they were all given to them as they would the next day. Who knows which story is accurate?

I have since noticed that the Seaford, Rehoboth and Georgetown locations are no longer on the site as being vaccine locations, as they were before. I am not sure WalMart is being honest about what's going on, as it seems three of us each got a different story. I find it hard to believe they'd remove allocations to an area where there are so many people who live here as a sole residence. Since you have to show your license to get the vaccine, only people with a DE license would be given the vaccine, so the reason they gave you really doesn't make sense to me. If that was the reason WalMart in Rehoboth is no longer being given an allocation, then why are other area pharmacies getting them?

Last edited by lyndyb; 02-15-2021 at 06:31 PM..

Old 02-16-2021, 06:32 AM

I too have difficulty believing the reason I was given, because if that were the case, Rite-Aid which is literally a stones throw away and Walgreens would have had their allocations pulled too. That said, let's face it, we have to be happy we have gotten it as quickly as we did. My dad had extensive dealings with the FDA as the company he worked for manufactured blood and fluid filters and filters for the space program. I can recall only too well, his angst over the delays for years at a time to get approval for a product. He said the paperwork was not only redundant, but every time it got to the approval stage they required yet another piece of information that just kept you going in an everlasting cycle of delay. The fact that we have it at all at this stage is not lost on me.

My suspicion is that maybe Walmart decided that for the few vaccines they would be allowed it was not worth the effort. There is a lot of paperwork required and unless they have now changed the regulations only doctors, nurses, pharmacist and pharmacy techs are permitted to administer the vaccine after training. It may have been a cost/lost related decision, not so much in terms of the cost as they are reimbursed, but the cost of losing a person working in the pharmacy.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:05 AM

829 posts, read 642,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Skeddy - I recalled you getting your first vaccine at the Giant in Rehoboth and I'm curious if you got a Moderna vaccine. The reason I ask is that I've got the pharmacies page from the state site saved to my Favorites and today I happened to notice that Giant now shows they're giving Pfizer vaccines. I could have sworn that in the past, the site showed Moderna. IF my memory isn't failing me and Giant WAS getting Moderna and is now getting Pfizer vaccines, I wonder if that's the reason your 2nd dose appointment was cancelled?

I'm afraid that the uncertain allocation/distribution has left a lot of people scrambling for second doses - it's stressful and unfortunate. Good luck to you finding a second dose, Skeddy!

Old 02-16-2021, 11:07 AM

NCC 47,349 + 71
KENT 13,786 + 30
SUSSEX 22,046 + 29

Hospitalized 186- 14
Critical 17 -2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware