Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2021, 04:59 PM

13,078 posts, read 18,414,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
About our second Moderna Vaccine Shot: Well, I got tired of fishing around on the Internet for answers, and wringing my hands....... I called a phone number I found in the Delaware State News to speak with a LIVE person.The person I spoke with, answered 4 out of 5 of my questions, set up our appointment file, and said the appointment center would call us, and offer places and times available for our second shot. At that time, I'm to tell the appointment center caller that I want the Moderna vaccine, same as the first. Progress, at last!

The one question the first person could not answer: Is the second shot the same potency as the first shot? I asked because I've read that if you had no reaction, or a mild reaction, to the first shot....the second might carry a more-than-mild reaction.
Not sure if this is a good barometer or not, but Dr. Fauci stated the other night that he was don and out with fever and chills for 24 hours after the second shot and then was fine. I doubt it is more potent because remember that the second shots were being held in reserve i.e. if 1000 first shots were given they held back 1000 for the second shots and now they are being distributed for first shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 12:27 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 43,025 +153
KENT 12,306 +65
SUSSEX 19,985 + 82

Hospitalized 383 - 2
Critical 47 --3

Now the bad news, a staggering 16 families lost their loved one yesterday.

Old 01-26-2021, 07:12 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,916,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Not sure if this is a good barometer or not, but Dr. Fauci stated the other night that he was don and out with fever and chills for 24 hours after the second shot and then was fine. I doubt it is more potent because remember that the second shots were being held in reserve i.e. if 1000 first shots were given they held back 1000 for the second shots and now they are being distributed for first shots.
I would be happy battling that for 24 hours if only I could schedule my second one! I keep checking and checking on Walgreen's and Rite Aid and it says there is nothing available. I just really have a bad feeling about this whole thing. They are saying up to 42 days but that is NOT what Pfizer and Moderna are saying. They said that since they didn't test for that they can't be sure about the protection if not done in their time frame. I can't believe how they are jerking everyone around on this. Carney is releasing everything on a hope and a prayer that they will get more before the 20,000+ people are due for a second one. Really??? You can bet he already got his.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:42 PM

112 posts, read 186,967 times
Roth......I was able to schedule my 2nd shot on Walgreens site around 6PM this evening. I have been trying every 2-3 hours since my 1st shot last Friday evening. Times were available on the 28th day which was pre-selected when I got to the page.

Last edited by DCSjersey; 01-26-2021 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: I did get the 1st shot at Walgreens.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:51 AM

20,536 posts, read 9,439,656 times
Quote:
Good for you, skeddy! We weren't that lucky. The only thing written on our vaccine card is 1/18/21, the date of the first vaccination.
I just got lucky, sorry to hear about those that are having a tough time getting appointments, it's aggravating. They wrote on my vaccine record when my second shot appointment will be. That's nuts if they're making people have to make a second appointment on their own.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:10 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 43,190 +165
KENT 12,375 +69
SUSSEX 20,092 +107

Hospitalized 355 - 28
Critical 48 +1

Old 01-27-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSjersey View Post
Roth......I was able to schedule my 2nd shot on Walgreens site around 6PM this evening. I have been trying every 2-3 hours since my 1st shot last Friday evening. Times were available on the 28th day which was pre-selected when I got to the page.
Where did you find one? Did you have a code to put in? I think that might be the problem We got ours in Dover DMV on MLK Day (2nd one due on 2/15) and have no code, just the card we got that day. I have put in the information so many times I think I know the website by heart. And I go through every Walgreen's on the list and through every single time on each location. Absolutely nothing.

I am so frustrated and upset that I didn't sleep well at all last night. Woke at 4:30am and all I could think about was not being able to do this. I will be very upset if they manage to totally ignore the needs of the 9000+ people who got their first one that weekend.

Old 01-27-2021, 03:35 PM

112 posts, read 186,967 times
Harrington Walgreens......I tried about a zillion times myself selecting 6-7 different store locations....nada. It was about this time yesterday when I logged into the 2nd Shot screen, and time were available. I did not mention that I did get my 1st shot at this Walgreens.

Old 01-27-2021, 04:56 PM

9,864 posts, read 14,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSjersey View Post
Harrington Walgreens......I tried about a zillion times myself selecting 6-7 different store locations....nada. It was about this time yesterday when I logged into the 2nd Shot screen, and time were available. I did not mention that I did get my 1st shot at this Walgreens.
That was my question. Are both the first and second shot the same? Walgreens is the only site I found that asks is this is your first or second shot. I found a date, but the appointment times were grayed out for February.
I've already called the Dept. of Health and registered with a live person, for husband and I. But I haven't heard back.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
That was my question. Are both the first and second shot the same? Walgreens is the only site I found that asks is this is your first or second shot. I found a date, but the appointment times were grayed out for February.
I've already called the Dept. of Health and registered with a live person, for husband and I. But I haven't heard back.
I haven't even found that. All I get is something like we have no appointments available for those parameters. Surely they have a way to check for appointments without going through all 5 time slots for each and every location. I'm just getting thoroughly disgusted and wish we had never gone. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about getting something as they seem to be helping people more who signed up on the website. I thought it was just going to be something where we went back to the same place 4 weeks later and got the second one. Didn't know they were going to play a numbers game by giving everything they have and not having second doses for the majority of those who have gotten them.

At least they are trying to get the front line medical people their second doses....or at least they are saying they will. But then we all know the scary phrase....I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware