Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM

34 posts, read 191,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper. View Post
What's so great about Dorothy Lane Market? Overpriced hype, if you ask me.
The brownies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILWoods View Post
The brownies
Yep, definitely the brownies.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:38 AM

9 posts, read 27,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
I agree. I find it possible to love both. There are so many good memories at our local Marion's. But at the same time, I love ordering calzones from LaRosa's.

LaRosa's now has a few Dayton locations: Centerville, Beavercreek, Englewood, and Kettering. I believe they are slated to open in Huber Heights as well.

As for the LaRosa's at King's Island, I know of exactly the one you speak. I always remember getting the pizza's from the waterpark side though. Haven't been down there in a while, but why bother when LaRosa's is right here?
LaRosa's, to me, taste like spagetti sauce on crust. Marions is good, the original Cassanno's was excellent and Flying Pizza was good too.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 AM

22 posts, read 74,373 times
Marion's is the jam.

Although my favorite pizza in dayton is from little york tavern on little york road.

Cousin Vinny's is a close second.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 AM

4 posts, read 10,794 times
Cool What Dayton means to me...

D=dirty (or dull)
A=awful
Y=yucky (or yawning)
T=terrible
O=old
N=nasty

I moved away 10 years ago to Las Vegas and have never regretted it!
360 days of sunshine compared to 30, 3 days of rain compared to 200.
0 days of boredom compared to 365.
Progressive thinking and open minds compared to old, antiquated, closed minds.
Yup...I made the right choice for me! I will never go back and have no desire.
But that's just me!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,854 times
At least our housing market didn't crash, and didn't Las Vegas beat Dayton in most abandoned city by Forbes magazine?

In all seriousness, Dayton can get old after, say 10 years. Mainly because it does get to be the same after a while. But I would think this would be true of most metros, with exceptions like New York City. Also, I could see Dayton being lackluster if you are absent a car.

P.S. I think we have more then 30 days of sunshine. It's sunny right now!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 AM

4 posts, read 23,854 times
Don't listen to these people, Dayton does suck and always will suck. Deteriorating downtown, nothing to do, nothing to do, and did I mention nothing to do? Having a Dorothy Lane Market and Trader Joes does not make up for the fact that this place is a festering herpes sore on the ass of America that desperately needs Valtrex. And to say the people are nice here..... that is a total lie. Unless you fit in with the yuppies, hillbillies or hood rich, then you pretty much can count on being ostracized. Don’t even think about dating outside your race, because the people here are bona fide racists. Anything new, different or outside the box is higly shunned here. I curse the day I came here and will rejoice the day I am able to leave this **** pit. And FYI wrightflyer, Dayton's housing market did crash, why do you think it is on the Forbes list of most empty places? To put Dayton up as a better city than Vegas is insane.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 AM

92 posts, read 348,303 times
Red Hatorade, I get the feeling that regardless of the city you live, you will always be miserable

Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,854 times
I didn't say Las Vegas is better than Dayton, I'm just stating a fact that Las Vegas was considered more abandoned by Forbes.

Vegas Beats Detroit For 'Most Abandoned City' - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

IMO, Dayton's market suffers from foreclosures, not because prices appriciated 200% and then fell out. Suburbs like Beavercreek are doing ok compared to markets elsewhere, such as Fort Myers/Cape Coral, FL. Also, once again, I will say no to painting an area with such a broad brush. I grew up in an extremely excepting home in an (well almost, but which neighborhood doesn't have its troublemaker) extremely excepting neighborhood. It was a diverse street (for a suburb at least), with Caucasians, African-Americans, Indians, Chinese, etc living next door to each other. I will admit though, as a college student, it can be boring, but that doesn't mean other people won't like it for other reasons, i.e. raising a family with decent housing costs, good schools, and a higher QUL than in other "better" parts of the country. (End of rant)

Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,774,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hatorade View Post
Don't listen to these people, Dayton does suck and always will suck. Deteriorating downtown, nothing to do, nothing to do, and did I mention nothing to do? Having a Dorothy Lane Market and Trader Joes does not make up for the fact that this place is a festering herpes sore on the ass of America that desperately needs Valtrex. And to say the people are nice here..... that is a total lie. Unless you fit in with the yuppies, hillbillies or hood rich, then you pretty much can count on being ostracized. Don’t even think about dating outside your race, because the people here are bona fide racists. Anything new, different or outside the box is higly shunned here. I curse the day I came here and will rejoice the day I am able to leave this **** pit. And FYI wrightflyer, Dayton's housing market did crash, why do you think it is on the Forbes list of most empty places? To put Dayton up as a better city than Vegas is insane.
So leave. I doubt you'll be missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton