Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 AM

7,077 posts, read 8,937,659 times

Advertisements

The sad thing about Dayton is the high number of abandoned boarded up houses in the city, every Friday there is a large section of the Dayton Daily News just for the Sheriff's sales. Someone I know from another website did a lot of photography around town and posted the pics.

Photos from the streets of Dayton, Ohio USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM

348 posts, read 1,051,299 times
My dad's house in Dayton View is still on market since February 2006. Two months ago the price is reduced from $56 k to $30 K.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 PM

10 posts, read 44,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I went to college near Dayton and that place sucked. The only thing I liked about it was the Submarine House on Salem Ave. I wish I could get some food Fed X to me!!!
The Submarine House is still here (in several locations) & the subs are yummy as ever! However, Salem Ave. is now riddled with gangs, drive bys, etc. & yes, it still sucks here unless you go south. Come back for a sub but stay way south or east of Dayton.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM

10 posts, read 44,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
She's not goofy; she's asserting her personal style.

How can Dayton suck when Milano's is still around? (and if it ever closes, don't tell me ... I don't want to live in a world without Milano's)
Ahhh...the old Milanos! I was out of state until 2006. The Milano's in Springboro is a huge disappointment...the sub's about as long as my hand, little or no meat, & the toppings I asked for were missing. Maybe I need to go to Brown Street?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I went to college near Dayton and that place sucked. The only thing I liked about it was the Submarine House on Salem Ave. I wish I could get some food Fed X to me!!!
Hey Ron,

I hear you. I am originally from Dayton (born and raised, 25 yrs there) but now live in Chicago (Lakeview/Wrigleyville). Dayton was really boring and I had to get out of there and I have been in Chicago for 10 years now.

But Dayton did have some AWESOME restaurants...

Sub House
Milano's
Cassano's
MARION's PIZZA (My favorite in the world!!)
Penn Station

I have to say, Chicago is known for its deep-dish pizza, but I don't really care for it. I prefer thin-crust pizza, the kind Dayton seems to be good at making.

I also miss Meijer's (although we do have them out in Chicago's suburbs, they aren't the same as the ones back in Dayton were...the ones here seem smaller and not as good). Super Wal*Mart seems to be better these days.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,452,378 times
Dayton is boring compared to....Chicago? Lolz!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:03 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,452,378 times
As a native Chicagoan, not everybody in the city liked deep dish. This was known as sicilian style, and had a sort of connection with Mafia take-overs of restaurants. Chicago had a lot of thin crust places too. In fact I dont remember ever having a deep dish pizza when I was growing up in Chicago (and I lived in the city).

Dayton does have good local pizza. Rons down in Miamisburg was my favorite.

The other thing Dayton has is a lot of Chinese restaurants. They seem to be all over the place.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 AM

74 posts, read 281,797 times
I'm sorry but if the best things about dayton are the food chains there than I have to unfortunately say that yes it still sucks. All I personally know about dayton is what I've gathered from visiting a friend at U.D. as I am from Cincinnati. Never hear anything much about dayton down here but again I am not an authority as I don't live there.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 AM

33 posts, read 146,983 times
What's so great about Dorothy Lane Market? Overpriced hype, if you ask me.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 AM

33 posts, read 146,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
As a native Chicagoan, not everybody in the city liked deep dish. This was known as sicilian style, and had a sort of connection with Mafia take-overs of restaurants. Chicago had a lot of thin crust places too. In fact I dont remember ever having a deep dish pizza when I was growing up in Chicago (and I lived in the city).

Dayton does have good local pizza. Rons down in Miamisburg was my favorite.

The other thing Dayton has is a lot of Chinese restaurants. They seem to be all over the place.
Dayton pizza is boring and bland -- you need Cincy's LaRosa's! Yet oddly, most Dayton folks don't appreciate LaRosa's. Why is that? Y'all like Marions. Vastly inferior to LaRosa's, not even in the same league!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton