Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 AM

32 posts, read 182,804 times

Advertisements

Thanks. So where exactly is Las colinas. Is entire Las Colinas area safe..

Or need to be only on certain sides of some roads...

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 AM

50 posts, read 185,821 times
My rough understanding is that if you look at Macarthur Blvd. on the map, the area north of 635 is valley ranch and the area south of 635 is las colinas all the way to 114. Even some south of 114, but still well north of 183. If you go much further south than 114, the area becomes not quite as "ritzy".

Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM

32 posts, read 182,804 times
Thanks !

So I am seeing some apts on Internet on N McArthur Blvd, south of 114 and mostly north of North Lake college or around North Lake college.

So will this be safe area.

One more question: Is apt break in common? I am talking about some nice apt where you have gated community, probably intrusion alarm and so on... Or if you live in some nice apt with above mentioned features then atleast can we be sure of no apt breakin's...

What would be the approximate rent for 1 bedroom ...1 bath.. will it around 800$?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM

50 posts, read 185,821 times
I have not apt shopped in the area, so couldn't give you a quote on the rent, but $800 sounds reasonable to me. We live in a house in VR. The area around North Lake College is good - the further north you go, the quieter it will get. I don't know if there is anyone on the forum who lives in one of those apts. I do know that a lot of those apts have a generous south asian community (i'm south asian myself).

Old 05-21-2009, 02:19 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetodallas View Post
Thanks !

So I am seeing some apts on Internet on N McArthur Blvd, south of 114 and mostly north of North Lake college or around North Lake college.

So will this be safe area.

One more question: Is apt break in common? I am talking about some nice apt where you have gated community, probably intrusion alarm and so on... Or if you live in some nice apt with above mentioned features then atleast can we be sure of no apt breakin's...

What would be the approximate rent for 1 bedroom ...1 bath.. will it around 800$?
Hi there,

I used to live in Las Colinas off Story Rd. and Northgate Dr. about 10 years ago. It was fine during that time, but I've been told that the area has gotten worse over the years. You can't go wrong with apartments in Valley Ranch. Many of them under $700.00 a month for 1 bedroom apts. Anything off Macarthur blvd. north of 114 would be fine. You can also check apartments off O'Connor blvd. by the Las Colinas country club. There are several condos/townhouses in the area and some of those are rentals as well, although the rent would be higher than apartments in VR.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:38 AM

80 posts, read 195,104 times
I'm in an apartment in Valley Ranch - MacArthur & Cowboys Parkway. You can negotiate a bit on rents, so use that to your advantage. I'm in a one bedroom with an attached garage in a gated community for $820 a month.

I looked at several apartments in VR and in Las Colinas and all of them (an attached garage was a requirement for me) ranged between 800-1000 a month. Of course, you get price breaks for longer term leases, but I only wanted a 7-month lease as I am moving into a rental home soon.

I love the area because it's close to my job, freeways and most of all - shopping. If I could have found a newer construction home with large square footage and moderate rent, I would stay in the area, but will be heading to Frisco in a month.

Good luck in your search!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Valley Ranch is the area along MacArthur between 635 and Belt Line. You can find a 1BR apt with full W/D and garage for around $790-820/mo. I enjoyed living in this area because of the parks and huge variety of stores and restaurants. All the chains Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, TGI Friday's, Applebee's, Barnes & Noble.. much more.. You're near Grapevine Mills and retail areas in Lewisville and North Dallas. Also 635 gives you easy access to DFW airport and anywhere you need to go in Dallas. I found the area to be safe with adequate police presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas