Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 23,603 times

Advertisements

I just got a job in Las Colinas, and I live an hour northeast of Dallas. Insane commute! So, I'm looking to move closer to work.

I've looked at some apartments in Las Colinas, Valley Ranch, and general north Irving, but I've heard some bad things about crime in apartment complexes, particularly the ones I liked, argh.

Do any of you have any suggestions of clean, nice apartment complexes in the area that are gated or have less crime than others? I'm hoping to stay under $800/month for a one bedroom (It's just me living there, a woman in her late twenties), preferably under $750.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 08:49 AM

451 posts, read 835,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnqueen View Post
I just got a job in Las Colinas, and I live an hour northeast of Dallas. Insane commute! So, I'm looking to move closer to work.

I've looked at some apartments in Las Colinas, Valley Ranch, and general north Irving, but I've heard some bad things about crime in apartment complexes, particularly the ones I liked, argh.

Do any of you have any suggestions of clean, nice apartment complexes in the area that are gated or have less crime than others? I'm hoping to stay under $800/month for a one bedroom (It's just me living there, a woman in her late twenties), preferably under $750.

Thanks in advance!
Check out Stoneleigh At Valley Ranch =gated no section 8,very well kept

"Fully equipped fitness center... Very close to shopping and entertainment... Views of the canal!"
Welcome to Stoneleigh at Valley Ranch, homes with views of the pool and of the canal. Our community offers many amenities that you will enjoy. Included are a Media viewing room, fully equipped fitness center, waterscaped pool with spa, curbside trash service, clothes care center, cyber lounge with wireless internet, reserved covered parking, attached garages with remotes, limited access gates, and a clubhouse. Easy access to 635 and very close to shopping and entertainment! Just exit MacArthur off of 635 and go north. We are the third property on the left (west side)."

or

Jefferson Place Apartments Las colinas

"Breathtaking skyline view... Nestled in the rolling hills... Surrounded by mesquite trees"
Come home to Jefferson Place & find yourself in prestigious Las Colinas. Jefferson Place is nestled in the rolling hills & surrounded by mesquite trees with a breathtaking skyline view. Just minutes from all major highways, excellent shopping and convenience. We offer luxury apartment homes at an exceptional

Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent

Both are on Macarthur blvd and close to everything.

Good luck!

Old 06-17-2007, 02:35 PM

709 posts, read 3,472,921 times
I don't think I would consider Jefferson Place as a single person... Stoneleigh would be better. Jefferson Place caters to families with children. Now if this doesn't matter then you could consider JP as an option.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:07 PM

258 posts, read 1,175,972 times
Did you take a look at Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

I'm moving from NY and flew out last month to look at apartments. The photos online advertising the complexes are deceiving. Be careful.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:58 PM

48 posts, read 228,254 times
Use this link to find residents' ratings of specific apartment properties.

Texas apartments and apartment reviews - ApartmentRatings.com

Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM

34 posts, read 161,609 times
Santa Rosa in Las Colinas/Irving is good too, the apartments complexes on Royal lane... I live there... there's like 2-3 apt communities on Royal lane, then anything in Coppell and Valley Ranch area is good... close to groceries stores, shopping and some eating places.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,760,093 times
>. the apartments complexes on Royal lane... I live there... there's like 2-3 apt communities on Royal lane,<<

My husband has been living in one of those complexes, across from the equestrian center (I don't know the name). He's felt safe and has enjoyed the availability of the fitness room and pool. It's clean and well kept up. There's a school right across the street with police directing traffic before and after school.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 23,603 times
Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up going with a complex in Valley Ranch. It's a bit more than I'd like to pay, but it's safe and very nice.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 11,660 times
I live in Albany,NY and I am planning to move to a place close to the Highlands school in Irwing. I have a 4 year old kid and my wife is a home maker. Can you guys suggest me a good and safe apartment near the Highlands school.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM

609 posts, read 2,921,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnqueen View Post

Thanks in advance!
La Villita area apartments are very nice. IT's a master planned community within Las Colinas with a central lake and canals feeding into it.

Also downtown Las Colinas is building several loft style apartments that may suit you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas