Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 AM

34 posts, read 99,024 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to Dallas and am looking to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment near 114, preferably in the Irving/Las Colinas area. Any feedback on good/bad places people know if would be really helpful. I am trying to stay under $1200/month for rent. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 PM

174 posts, read 398,250 times
Welcome to Dallas !!!

My wife and I currently live in Canal Side lofts, in the heart of Las Colinas. We absolutely LOVE our apartment, and we did some extensive research before picking this particular apartment.

I would say in your price range, both Canal side/Monterra are your best options. Monterra is the newest complex, very nice finishes and feels like a hotel rather than an apartment. You will be paying quite a premium at Monterra in comparison to Canal side. You have a better shot negotiating a deal at Monterra than Canal side because I think Canal side is at least 80% occupied, and monterra I would say not more than 50%.

I like Canal side because it also feels like you live in a hotel rather than a apartment. Very "modern," a lot of sq ft for the price. Currently stay in a 1 bed/bath apartment 1096 SQ ft for under $1200. For that amount of SqFT you would be hard pressed to find a better deal elsewhere in the area.

There are a lot cheaper apartments on Macarthur and 635, more of the traditional apartment complexes, nothing too special but for the price not a bad deal, I would say if you prefer living in a more up to date apartment complex, convenient parking, social gatherings/amenities, go with Canal Side Lofts/Monterra, but if you prefer to stay in a traditional complex and save a few extra bucks a month, a lot of the apartments like Amli at La Vilita/Dakota Hills/Lexington at Valley Ranch are good options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: