Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 08:12 PM

528 posts, read 1,293,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Yeah, but many schools in the Metroplex have good drill teams or diving teams. Grapevine HS for example has a good diving team...I have no idea about their drill team.

But my point remains: I wouldn't buy a house based on one coach/ program at a highschool...coaches move.

Not dissing sports either, I grew up playing them and think competing is an important part of an education.

But unless you are planning on going pro I just wouldn't personally pick a house solely around a coach/ program.
I agree that I wouldn't buy a house based on one coach/program at a high school either and that's not what we did. No, I don't think either will professionally dance or dive either.

My husbands office is in Irving so we looked at Flower Mound, Trophy Club, Keller, Southlake and Colleyville. I did extensive research on the schools and that coupled with the schools that had both of my kids' sports is how we decided on Keller. Why would I buy a house in a district like Byron Nelson when they don't have a dive team when I could just as easily (ha ha- it's not easy but you know what I mean) buy a house in Keller that does? Why would I have my 14 and 16 year olds who are good at diving and dancing go to schools that don't offer those at all?

What my children enjoy doing outside of school was a big factor on where we chose to live so I could ensure they had the option to do their extracurricular activities relatively close by. I know we made the right choice as they are both doing what they love as part of a school varsity sport as well as the ability to easily have club level right by our house as well. Win-win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas