Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 09:22 PM

13 posts, read 35,893 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody!

Looking for any daycare recommendations for a 3 year old in the Southlake, Colleyville, Keller, and Flower Mound areas.

We are moving in a few months and want to do some legwork ahead of time.

If you guys have recommendations and particular costs of the daycare. Even if you guys don't have particular daycare recommendations - but have an idea of how much it costs, just let us know.

Thanks so much!

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:28 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,561,991 times
There's a new Montessori (Castle Montessori I think?) in Flower Mound next to the high school. No idea on rep or prices, though. Very nice looking on the outside.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 PM

13 posts, read 35,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
There's a new Montessori (Castle Montessori I think?) in Flower Mound next to the high school. No idea on rep or prices, though. Very nice looking on the outside.
We saw that in our search - I am pretty sure it's expensive though. Very expensive.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:31 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,820,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy323 View Post
We saw that in our search - I am pretty sure it's expensive though. Very expensive.
You didn't mention YOUR budget thats important since there are alot of ways to approach child care. There are centers, schools, in home, Nannies, Au Pair etc..

If you're looking to get an idea of prevailing rates, start on sittercity to see what nannies get per hour, might give you a general idea. Otherwise, each day care center price may vary depending on what they offer. Almost all the towns you mentioned have Goddard Schools, which although franchised tend to be good. We had our child in one (here in the Northeast) before we had twins and loved it. Now we have a Nanny with a teaching degree and couldn't imagine using a center again.

I would recommend targeting a few centers you are interested in and then calling to get rates. After you call about three you will have a general idea of what the rates are for schools in that range. Daycare is expensive no matter how you look at it, but good quality child care is well worth it.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 6,392 times
Dear Skids,

Do you live in the DFW Area? How did you find your Nanny? How much do you pay your Nanny?

Thank You,

Fortheluvof

Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM

94 posts, read 305,058 times
Our soon to be 5 year old has thrived in the PrimeRose school that is located in flower mound - in the middle of the Wellington section

Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM

94 posts, read 305,058 times
just saw the reference to nannys - we did the nanny thing full time for 6 yrs in total, up thru last year and now only do the nanny thing part time during the school year and full time in the summer

Our approach was to go to the local universities and work with their early childhood education depts to find quality candidates - find interested parties and then refer them to a nanny agency that we have confidence in - they do the heavy lifting on screening and background checks -

We probably had 9-10 girls aged 20 -22 over that time period - they did 7-7 for 4 days a week during summer and then 3-7 for 4 days during the school year - paid $12/hr and gave them a car to use for the kids and a CC for kids activities - although not required, we did many times offer to take them on vacation with us...

We were / are lucky in this process so far but there is no subsititue for active parent monitoring and inspection - plus grandma lives near us and she also supervises the process - it ain't cheap but it works for us

Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM

7 posts, read 14,361 times
We are moving from Houston to Keller in a couple of weeks and I will trying as hard as I can to get my son (4yo) into one of the Primrose schools in the area.

My son has been going to a Primrose in Houston since he was 5 months old and he loves it. The routine is good, he learns a lot and plays a lot too. The only complaint I have is the food, he is not one for sloppy casseroles so he comes home hungry a lot. Otherwise we are very happy with our experience with them.

Nannies are fine, but frankly I prefer to have him in a licensed school/daycare where he is with other kids all day long. Just my preference.

Primrose Schools are a nationwide franchise and there are many in the DFW area. I urge you to take a look.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,892,017 times
The Primrose in Keller (Bearcreek pky and Rufe snow) has an EXCELLANT reputation!
Tehy alos will drive the school age kids to and home from school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas