Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 08:39 AM

104 posts, read 61,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
That is not true. People who had Covid and are not vaccinated are 2X as likely to get Covid again, per CDC study released last week.

Unvaccinated individuals who were previously infected with the coronavirus are more than twice as likely to get re-infected compared to individuals who were previously infected but received the vaccine earlier this year, according to a new CDC investigation.
https://www.popsci.com/health/cdc-sa...d-after-covid/
Sorry, CDC released study too many times I kept lost track of it.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:46 AM

19,799 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Fully sympathetic with folks who are susceptible to significant covid side effects, and hope they make the right choice for their situation (vaccine, mask, isolation, etc).

For us, risks of covid are lesser than risks of the vaccine.

Per the last part you may feel that way but your logic is terrible.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:51 AM

104 posts, read 61,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I still think its worth it. I had Covid as well but I did get the vaccine too. As TurttleCreek said, the most current data shows it still reduces the risk of reinfection by 2X.

But I am against vaccine mandates so whatever you decide is whatever you decide.
I am with you me and my family fully vaccinated we still wear mask in crowned places I am fully respected people decision either vaccinated/unvaccinated and mask or no mask.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:53 AM

573 posts, read 336,601 times
Quote:
I still think its worth it. I had Covid as well but I did get the vaccine too. As TurttleCreek said, the most current data shows it still reduces the risk of reinfection by 2X.

But I am against vaccine mandates so whatever you decide is whatever you decide.
So you would have been ok with no polio or smallpox vaccine mandates? How did people live in those days with these? Let parents decide to let their kids go to school with polio and smallpox? Good to know you were against those. Would herd immunity be better? How did the herd immunity attempt for over 3000 years work for smallpox?

Old 08-11-2021, 08:59 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
Sorry, CDC released study too many times I kept lost track of it.
Sorry that you lack comprehension that science is not static.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:02 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
So you would have been ok with no polio or smallpox vaccine mandates? How did people live in those days with these? Let parents decide to let their kids go to school with polio and smallpox? Good to know you were against those. Would herd immunity be better? How did the herd immunity attempt for over 3000 years work for smallpox?
Enough with the gaslighting. Im not affected.

Yeah, Im against mandating the Covid vaccine even though I have it myself. Im not sorry if that offends you.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:07 AM

573 posts, read 336,601 times
Quote:

Yeah, Im against mandating the Covid vaccine even though I have it myself. Im not sorry if that offends you.
Doesn't offend me. Just shows intelligence level of certain people. Clearly you never read any of the multitude of articles on how polio and smallpox were eliminated - short summary, global cooperation and mandates. But toe the Rand Paul line on medical knowledge.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:12 AM

19,799 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:

Would you stop using, "gaslighting" as a shield against comments you don't like?

I don't agree with Pilsn3r very often but his logic here is solid.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
Doesn't offend me. Just shows intelligence level of certain people. Clearly you never read any of the multitude of articles on how polio and smallpox were eliminated - short summary, global cooperation and mandates. But toe the Rand Paul line on medical knowledge.
You clearly dont understand the current state of human nature.

Im well aware of how vaccines work and how those viruses were eliminated (why do you think I got vaccinated), but this is 2021 not 1950. The days of doing things for communal well being are dead. We are more divided than ever. Truth is dead and the internet and the 24 hour news cycle wounded it and Donald Trump killed it. Im against vaccine mandates because they wont work in any meaningful way on a governmental level. Its like gun control. It would be a fools errand and completely useless. If private companies want to do it, good for them.

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 08-11-2021 at 09:24 AM..

Old 08-11-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Would you stop using, "gaslighting" as a shield against comments you don't like?

I don't agree with Pilsn3r very often but his logic here is solid.
No, Ill use gaslighting whenever the comment made qualifies as gaslighting. That one was.

People make comments I dont like all the time on this board but they arent all gaslighting and no I dont toss that term around if they arent. Its like if you said you voted for Trump (whom I despise) and I say youre a racist or Nazi because of that alone. It leaps from one small fact about a person something much more extreme. I said I was against a vaccine mandate in the current time and somehow I dont understand how science works or Im pro-Polio. Absolutely ridiculous. Different time period, different disease, different state of our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas