Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 11:12 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
so your girl is hacking, coughing and sneezing...you still going in? and you think a mask will be good enough? you're a brave man.
Dude, I was addressing the part about it being in semen. Nothing else.

If my wife is hacking and has coronavirus, you bet your a$$ I will take care (not talking about sex) of her and if I get it, whatever.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:51 PM

468 posts, read 475,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
I'm an old fogey I guess, what does this mean ?
We don't need no stinkin beer goggles

Old 06-24-2020, 05:41 PM

122 posts, read 173,163 times
I think politics could be one of the reason why US’s performance in fighting the covid is so bad. But the main reason is our people. As the most developed country in the world, our people’s education should be the best in the world, but to my surprise, from this crisis, I see people don’t trust science, defy common sense, ignorance, inpatient and disobey rules, just like a developing country. For instance, with the new case skyrocketed now, people in Florida still fight the mandatory mask rule, saying “ this is against humanity, doctors should be arrested”, why they still don’t understand the scentific proved benefit of wearing a mask? Why those Asian country and European country all control the virus much better than US? Because their people respect science and self-Obey rules designed by their scientists and doctors. US has the best scientists and doctors in the world, but if people just don’t trust them and only respect individualism, the situation will just get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Because our Republican Governor is spineless and either worships Trump or is scared to be blackmailed by him.

There was no reason to rush to reopen May 1st other than political ones.

Just like there is no reason why Gov. Abbott won’t make masks mandatory state-wise other than its political suicide for him. He’s trying to walk the line between both sides but really he’s pandering to Trump’s base.

No scientific minds thought the Texas heat would slow down the virus. Why would it when it was raging in other warm weather climates around the world?

Old 06-24-2020, 06:03 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
I think politics could be one of the reason why US’s performance in fighting the covid is so bad. But the main reason is our people. As the most developed country in the world, our people’s education should be the best in the world, but to my surprise, from this crisis, I see people don’t trust science, defy common sense, ignorance, inpatient and disobey rules, just like a developing country. For instance, with the new case skyrocketed now, people in Florida still fight the mandatory mask rule, saying “ this is against humanity, doctors should be arrested”, why they still don’t understand the scentific proved benefit of wearing a mask? Why those Asian country and European country all control the virus much better than US? Because their people respect science and self-Obey rules designed by their scientists and doctors. US has the best scientists and doctors in the world, but if people just don’t trust them and only respect individualism, the situation will just get worse.
Our government lied to us and told us masks were not only not needed, but harmful.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:28 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post

It would have helped if Fauci had not started with the lie that masks were useless.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:00 PM

227 posts, read 222,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It would have helped if Fauci had not started with the lie that masks were useless.
how could Fauci lie with a str8 face and then expect us to trust him

sometimes people need to read news outside the country to get a sense what is real and what in unreal.

Chinese people here were buying all the masks back in January. We were out of N95s back then as everything got shipped back to China.

We had seen all the scary news about how people were falling dead in the middle of the street or mall. When Winnie the Pooh (akka Xi Jin) said that they were facing a demon virus , we were day dreaming that its not going to cross the Atlantic. it has overwhelmed all the leaders in the world. Tell me one country where things are normal . And it happens to be an election year. So will be interesting

Old 06-25-2020, 05:41 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
If you have recovered, please donate plasma. DFW is running low on plasma for Coronavirus treatment. DFW had great success at keeping the death rate low, while cases rise. That success goes out the door, once the plasma treatment is unavailable.

North Texas family shaken after 18 relatives test positive for COVID-19 following surprise birthday party
Three are now hospitalized, including two elderly family members and one woman battling breast cancer.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/no...e-f4437fe6f836
Quote:
That crisis, all began on May 30 when just a single relative, unknowingly infected with COVID-19, interacted with seven family members at a surprise birthday party.

Those seven family members then contracted and spread the virus to 10 other relatives.

Now, Ron Barbosa is keeping track of 18 people in his family who have tested positive for COVID-19.

Barbosa didn't attend the party himself, but the celebration was for his daughter-in-law who turned 30.
Quote:
Barbosa told WFAA that his father is in need of blood plasma from recovered COVID-19 patients, who have established antibodies.

However, Barbosa said that doctors have informed him that there's not a lot of it right now.

On Facebook, a plea for help from Barbosa was answered by a few firefighters once infected with COVID-19, who were willing to donate.

But he quickly learned that they couldn't donate their plasma for one specific person because there was a shortage.

WFAA is now researching if that's the case with blood banks across the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Last edited by move4ward; 06-25-2020 at 06:06 AM..

Old 06-25-2020, 07:25 AM

227 posts, read 222,922 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mo...15UhSk?ocid=sw

For the most part, children have been relatively immune to the Coronavirus. However some doctors are worried that might be changing.

At Frisco's Well Health they had about 150 patients test positive for the virus last week, and ten of them were just kids aged ten or younger. They even had one 11-month-old baby test positive.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:38 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanz7887 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mo...15UhSk?ocid=sw

For the most part, children have been relatively immune to the Coronavirus. However some doctors are worried that might be changing.

At Frisco's Well Health they had about 150 patients test positive for the virus last week, and ten of them were just kids aged ten or younger. They even had one 11-month-old baby test positive.
yep, just as parents are now wrestling with the dilemma over whether to send their kids back to school this fall. The hits just keep on coming

Old 06-25-2020, 08:52 AM

451 posts, read 319,783 times
Just want to make sure that people understand what hospitalization numbers mean. Hospitals report the % of normal beds and ICU beds occupied as their main hospitalization numbers. So when Dallas reports 70% (around 4200) out of total 6000 beds available, that includes covid and non-covid patients. The covid specific data reported for Dallas county shows that covid related hospitalizations are less than 500, which is around 8% of the total beds available. And it has remained at that number for a month.

Another point with regards to rise in hospitalizations is that many people had postponed/rescheduled their surgeries and other procedures since March. Basically, non-covid patients were not going to the hospitals for surgeries, etc. for almost 3 months. So surge in hospitalizations, I suspect, is non-covid related.

Having said the above, I would suggest that each one of you follow closely the numbers for your own county. I am skeptical about the numbers reported at the state level - are the data being consolidated at the state level being audited for errors? I continue to be skeptical about the new positive case numbers and making inferences based on those numbers.

Numbers from yesterday:
Confirmed Positive Cases of COVID-19 in North Texas

18,135 in Dallas County (391 are new) & 328 deaths (4 are new)
9,846 in Tarrant County (460 are new) & 215 deaths (4 are new) (4,682 recovered)
2,417 in Denton County (115 are new) & 37 deaths (1 is new) (1,087 recovered)
2,449 in Collin County (90 are new) & 39 deaths (1 is new) (1,369 recovered)
684 in Ellis County & 19 deaths
276 in Rockwall County & 16 deaths
490 in Kaufman County & 4 deaths

To view a chart showing how the cases have increased over time, please see the City of Dallas dashboard here.

Hospital Reports

Here are the bed and ventilator capacity statistics for today as reported by 25 hospitals in the City of Dallas:

Total beds: 6083
Beds occupied: 4173 (69%)
Total ICU beds: 942
ICU beds occupied: 675 (72%)
Total ventilators: 959
Ventilators in use: 352 (37%)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas