Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 02:50 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Texas now requires all Nursing and Assisted Living to report Numbers and one of those numbers is how much of the staff is vaccinated. You can get those numbers here:

https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/h...ccination-data

Also since Sept 2020 Assisted Living has no longer been on lockdown where family can visit. I doubt there is a requirement for them to report vaccinations. Don't blame any increase on workers only.

But... Considering that 80-98% of the people over 65 and especially the ones in Nursing homes are vaccinated, if there is an increase it would be largely due to failure of the vaccines.
It is irrational to have all residents of nursing homes required to be vaxed
And not the people who deal with them daily and go out into Gen pop after their shift and act who know how regarding CoVid…

Old 08-16-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
This I can understand. That argument makes sense.

This ABSOLUTELY NOT. Im all for getting vaccines and washing hands but human contact IS essential. We need more human contact, not less especially as time goes on.
I never said NO contact
I just explained that precautions against CoVid had dramatic benefit regarding flu numbers

You don’t have to live alone 24/7 to take mitigation practices to avoid catching or spreading flu OR CoVid…

Old 08-17-2021, 06:32 AM

554 posts, read 683,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
I agree the information WAS out there, but it feels like it wasn't being communicated well enough for the general public to understand how much of a long haul this would be.
Even if EVERYONE was communicating that this virus would be with us for over a year and a half, I don't believe that the general public would have comprehended what that meant. The human brain can only operate in crisis mode for so long before it gets depleted. Most of us have held onto delusional hope throughout this thing in order to survive. I certainly underestimated the number of people who would refuse the vaccine - in part, because my circle of friends was practically killing themselves to get their hands on one early in the process. No one wanted to believe Covid would be a long-term event, so there were always going to be people who believed it wouldn't be - no matter what the messaging had been.

Old 08-17-2021, 12:40 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
One bit that hasn't been mentioned in a while. According to the AMA as of a couple of months ago 96% of practicing MDs nationally were fully vaccinated with about half of the remainder likely to be jabbed.

That fact alone should drive no-jabbers to change their minds. Any of you all who are not an MD but somehow think you know more about all this covid stuff than they do or that you have some special/secret information should rethink your logic.

Old 08-17-2021, 01:26 PM

115 posts, read 63,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
Even if EVERYONE was communicating that this virus would be with us for over a year and a half, I don't believe that the general public would have comprehended what that meant. The human brain can only operate in crisis mode for so long before it gets depleted. Most of us have held onto delusional hope throughout this thing in order to survive. I certainly underestimated the number of people who would refuse the vaccine - in part, because my circle of friends was practically killing themselves to get their hands on one early in the process. No one wanted to believe Covid would be a long-term event, so there were always going to be people who believed it wouldn't be - no matter what the messaging had been.
That's besides the point, though. Regardless of how the public would have handled it, we deserved to hear 'the science'.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:21 PM

573 posts, read 336,127 times
Abbott gets Covid, Abbott calls mask mandates illegal, Abbott asks for medical help for Texas Covid cases, Abbot needs trailers for dead people, and about 6 or more ISD's are closing for at least a school week due to students and teachers getting Covid. And masks are not needed nor vaccines.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:27 PM

Doctor in Mobile, Al as of Oct 1 will not see non vaxed patients

Wonder if that stance will make its way to Tx or Fl or other states

His explanation to patients:
CoVidis a horrible way to die and Ican’t go through that with patients

Old 08-17-2021, 10:13 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
One bit that hasn't been mentioned in a while. According to the AMA as of a couple of months ago 96% of practicing MDs nationally were fully vaccinated with about half of the remainder likely to be jabbed.

That fact alone should drive no-jabbers to change their minds. Any of you all who are not an MD but somehow think you know more about all this covid stuff than they do or that you have some special/secret information should rethink your logic.
Well, they refuse to recognize the facts. And the counter "fact" in this case would be that according to some fringe "medical" association 60% of doctors are not vaccinated...

I am guilty of spending too much time on the politics forum..

Old 08-17-2021, 10:22 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Well, they refuse to recognize the facts. And the counter "fact" in this case would be that according to some fringe "medical" association 60% of doctors are not vaccinated...

I am guilty of spending too much time on the politics forum..
Makes you wonder how some of these people made it out of 3rd grade.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:12 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
And masks are not needed nor vaccines.
This is a lie. Abbott has always promoted Vaccines and was one of the first to get.

And he promotes voluntary use of masks. He just respects my rights to not wear one if I don't want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas