Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 08:07 PM

6,694 posts, read 9,942,142 times

Advertisements

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezt-Br...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 10:40 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
I still go to concerts at Starplex so I'm with you.
Me too

Old 05-25-2023, 09:02 AM

674 posts, read 334,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
I still go to concerts at Starplex so I'm with you.
Same. It's Starplex forever!

Old 05-26-2023, 07:36 AM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Wow, great news! Let's just hope they don't get everyone's hopes up and then start downsizing the project.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:48 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,016 times
It took only 4 years to demolish the mall. Will it take 4 years to pour the foundation? Beck is a joke.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:13 AM

4,527 posts, read 2,664,836 times
This "project" makes you wonder who he's got in his back pocket at City Hall. Are there no performance penalties in whatever contracts he's got?

That's a prime piece of real estate there. Seems like all we've seen is a bunch of fantasy renderings for 4+ years now.

It looks like Beck Ventures own the property, but surely they have investors? Why aren't those investors clamoring for some return on the cost of this property?

I'll tell you what I smell, is the kid (Scott Beck) is being supported by daddy's rich friends as investors in his "development company"; but because his ACTUAL qualifications consist in who his parents are, he's screwed this one up by the numbers for years, and daddy's rich friends are continuing to stay behind him as a favor to daddy. In a normal situation they'd already have booted his butt out of there and gotten an old crusty developer with decades of experience at getting through the process.

I'll believe it when I see actual construction happening.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:01 AM

Yep, I have ZERO confidence that this will happen. I want to believe it (very bad in fact), but based on Scott Beck's track record, I am not going to get my hopes up again. It has been nearly 10 years since this development was first announced for construction. He has allow the former Valley View Mall site to blight the surrounding area for years. Dragging the entire area down with it. Also, this project missed the building cycle before interest rates began to skyrocket. Just imagine what would've been built if this project was progressing like it was suppose to.

I am glad that it is torn down, but I'd rather Beck sell the property to a capable developer. Cleary, he is in over his head.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:18 PM

Update from the City of Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxXHOheJMs

Old 10-26-2023, 10:52 AM

679 posts, read 274,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Update from the City of Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxXHOheJMs

Interesting. I like the sound of the festival they are planning.

But Dallas boosters are so funny/delusional. I say this with almost equal parts derision and admiration. The "International District" was very excited to tell us that Galleria Dallas had attracted the European clothing store "Mango" and that Mango had chosen Dallas as their first entry into the entire United States. That is utterly false, and makes one question everything she said. FWIW, the Galleria Dallas Mango store wasn't even the first in Texas, let alone the entire United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: