Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,835 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone - someone in the Austin forums posted this link:

maps : Who's Your City? by Richard Florida

It shows that there are more single men, than single women. Is the dating scene in Dallas difficult for men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times
Depends on the guy. The cold hard truth is-->

If you're outgoing, cute/handsome/hot, have a good education/ career/ life......it's pretty easy! Extra bonus points if you're actually a kind, decent human being on top of the "superficial" stuff.

If you're shy/ ugly/ broke & unemployed, it's going to suck the same here as anywhere else.

The dating scene is more hook-ups and long-term relationships than men actually asking a variety of women out on formal dates (as I know is more common in Nashville and other Southern cities).

Old 01-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Depends on the guy. The cold hard truth is-->

If you're outgoing, cute/handsome/hot, have a good education/ career/ life......it's pretty easy! Extra bonus points if you're actually a kind, decent human being on top of the "superficial" stuff.

If you're shy/ ugly/ broke & unemployed, it's going to suck the same here as anywhere else.

The dating scene is more hook-ups and long-term relationships than men actually asking a variety of women out on formal dates (as I know is more common in Nashville and other Southern cities).
Ok good, that sounds like my kind of scene, then! Whenever I visit there, I always have a good time, everyone seems very friendly and approachable, but wasn't sure if that was just me having a good time on vacation, or if it was a reflection of the culture and life in Dallas...so it sounds like if I move there, I will have a great time!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,702 times
Ed Hardy and Affliction gear, a C-class Mercedes and apt. at the Gables Uptown will set you apart from the pack...

Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 PM

19 posts, read 100,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
Ed Hardy and Affliction gear, a C-class Mercedes and apt. at the Gables Uptown will set you apart from the pack...
Do people still wear EH and Affliction? And did you forget sporting a faux-hawk?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,256 times
(Takes off Affliction shirt and throws it in the trash.)

Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Lol, the Dallas D'Bag. I've seen these people all over town. Girls are no different. Fort Worth has friendlier girls, but Dallas girls look better.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM

45 posts, read 103,617 times
Thanx for the tip...in NYC, affliction and ed hardy is ancient so it sells for cheap...coogi shirts are 20-30 dollars. However I am worried about if my profile will be an advantage or disadvantage;
6FT
200LB
Neat Dreadlocks down to my back.
And last but not least, Black. Well actually brown/redbone mix.

Am I gonna have to always spread my buttcheeks to provide identification to the police.
Should I even ever expect to get pulled over a lot (don't worry I'm felon free lol)
Am I gonna have white women scared to death of a dreadlocked man minding his business (In NYC it's so redundant and offensive) Or any culture of female?
BTW how is the ratio of men/women. Who has the advantage because here in NYC the women do not need to impress ANYBODY because there are 8 men for every female.
Thank you for your patience and enjoy your day.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM

333 posts, read 638,940 times
Hey babes...im single/work downtown/got leather in my car

Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Haha, well I know this is a joke, although I do not wear EH nor affliction gear (I plan on wearing the same kind of clothing that I wear here in Chicago, and plan on taking shopping trips to Chicago to keep my personal style, if I have to), but I do have a BMW and I plan on living in a Gables or Post apartment if I move there (have to live somewhere, right?). I love BMW's, I drive them because I just like them, not because I want to show off, nor do I think that women will want to date me because of the type of car that I have (a nice car might help you score additional points with ladies, but they do not, in and of itself, cause a woman to want to date you if she otherwise would not want to).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas