Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:38 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times

Advertisements

Wow what a thread!!! Unbelievable!!!

How could i miss

We obviously need more blonde beauties in Dallas

How about demographics, what changes happened in 5 years

I agree hbdwihdh378y9 with you.

I rarely disagree with TurtleCreek80 but maybe she exaggerated a bit

As i said we need more babes

BTW i don't like "career women" either.

They can go and marry their careers right away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 01:02 PM

771 posts, read 932,411 times
Shrug, about 10-15 years ago when I was in my 20's out of college and living in Uptown, dating seemed incredibly easy to me. Plenty of attractive women to choose from, and a lot of them had good jobs out of college. I'd only term a few of them as "career" women, but they weren't any more difficult to date than I was I suppose.

At the time, I made $40k, so definitely not rich or powerful, but had no problems getting dates with these career women. One woman I dated was making over 90k back then... she didn't care how much I made. In fact, she actually PREFERRED to date men who made less than she did, because the way she saw it, if she had kids, she could go back to work if she was the primary breadwinner and have her husband stay home, and then all her schooling and hard work wouldn't be wasted becoming a stay at home mom.

Dunno how much things have changed since then, but dating in Dallas isn't the difficult concept some are making it out to be.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:11 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
And there is always craigslist guys.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:54 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
I moved to Dallas from NYC so my opinion is a little biased.

I found the dating scene in Dallas to not be impressive at all.

Lots of good looking women in Dallas.

But many of them were not as approachable as I expected them to be.

Lots of hoops to jump through when dealing with many of the ladies.

Just my experience.

I did see lots of men with women by their side, so I do believe there were plenty of guys getting action.

But I also saw and spoke to just as many guys that were alone.

For what it's worth....I heard from many guys that Austin and Houston were much better options as far as dating for men is concerned.

Dallas just didn't do it for me.

For single males, I rate the dating scene as 5 out of 10.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:21 PM

91 posts, read 136,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I can agree with this. I advise any black professional who has to settle for a state like Texas to go to Houston instead of Dallas. It has a much better scene for black professionals and it's a lot more of a tolerable city for blacks than the Dallas-Ft Worth area is. Atlanta and DC are MUCH better places for a black professional than anywhere in Texas.
Great but we all can't live in 2 Cities! An entire world lays ahead!

Old 08-07-2018, 09:10 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
I found Dallas to be fairly decent dating-wise. I was definitely not looking for the stereotypical Dallas girl and I'm not religious at all and dont want kids etc, so the pool was certainly smaller. But I'm incredibly picky on top of that and still had a decent run of dates for a couple years and then met my current girlfriend who now lives with me. So I think it's really going to vary a lot person by person as usual.

33 year old white professional male living in the M streets for what it's worth experience wise. Normally hang out in lower greenville, deep ellum, oak cliff, lakewood, downtown.

Last edited by Sunbather; 08-07-2018 at 09:30 AM..

Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I moved to Dallas from NYC so my opinion is a little biased.

I found the dating scene in Dallas to not be impressive at all.

Lots of good looking women in Dallas.

But many of them were not as approachable as I expected them to be.

Lots of hoops to jump through when dealing with many of the ladies.

Just my experience.

I did see lots of men with women by their side, so I do believe there were plenty of guys getting action.

But I also saw and spoke to just as many guys that were alone.

For what it's worth....I heard from many guys that Austin and Houston were much better options as far as dating for men is concerned.

Dallas just didn't do it for me.

For single males, I rate the dating scene as 5 out of 10.

Agree on this. If you go out to the burbs and surrounding areas (especially west), women are much more approachable. In Dallas proper, women tend to hold out longer...usually for a taller, well-to-do white guy, though not necessarily especially attractive. As a black man, dating black women is fairly easy in Dallas. For other races, it's much easier in Arlington/Fort Worth.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:29 AM

463 posts, read 189,059 times
I've found the dating scene has become much easier to understand after running the #s and concluding that as a 34 year old, 5 foot 6, 165 pound aging sack of monkey meat who works in insurance, would rather stay in than go to a bar, read the Bible than watch the latest Star Wars, and wants to live minimum 20 miles from Dallas proper, there are exactly 0 women in the metroplex who would find any value in me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas