Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:02 PM

218 posts, read 741,877 times

Advertisements

^

Wow, thanks! Yeah, 45-50 is actually far preferable to me. I should also probably mention that income level is of no importance, so while yeah, it'd be great to find one, I'm not specifically out to get a "Housewives of Beverly Hills or Atlanta" type of woman... as long as she is genuine, and fun to be with, it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Guapo View Post
Hey SmartGXL. Thanks for your response. It's not that I'm having difficulty. It's more so the mentality of the people I'm trying to escape. And as for my type of woman, I would date any race of women. Memphis isn't a cool place in general to me. And the club scene, that "grown and sexy" crowd you were referring to, that isn't my thing.
Ok yes I see what you mean. I think that any of the big cities in the lists we mentioned (including Dallas) will do well for you.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentUserName View Post
I am a 30 year old new ER doctor who is moving to Dallas in the summer to start my first job out of residency.
I spent all my twenties in classrooms and in the hospital getting my face raped by malicious megalomaniacs. I drive an 11 year old 3 series BMW that is leaking steering fluid and still has little flecks of dried protein powder in the speaker grills from an horrible thermos explosion 6 years ago. I will make about 350,000 a year. I need a new car, a new address and a new woman. How do I proceed? My current plan is to move to uptown, buy a BMW and start dating. Im 6'1" and look like a fraternity stereotype. So I'll generally be like that 30,000 millionaire stereotype I see mentioned, but with a paycheck to back it up.
Do you already have your hospital/M.D. gig in Dallas lined up? If so, then I say go for it. But like others have said, look for a good place to live, and don't overpay. There are plenty of women in Dallas to meet. Your looks, personality, and career can get you a new woman, no need to overpay for a place to stay.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM

56 posts, read 171,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Do you already have your hospital/M.D. gig in Dallas lined up? If so, then I say go for it. But like others have said, look for a good place to live, and don't overpay. There are plenty of women in Dallas to meet. Your looks, personality, and career can get you a new woman, no need to overpay for a place to stay.
Yeah its all set. Im thinking the Monterey or something in that range.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 AM

88 posts, read 286,782 times
All is based on person who you attract. Same for any city

Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM

148 posts, read 307,929 times
ok I want to be an ER doc now. mcat in 2 days

Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 PM

42 posts, read 132,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by facebookdigg123 View Post
Hey, me too! I'm gonna watch Grey's Anatomy!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 AM

56 posts, read 171,957 times
Quote:
You are taking the MCAT in two days? Good luck. Getting into med school is by far the biggest hurdle. If you get in take your USMLE tests early and study for them hard. They are the single biggest factor in your competitiveness for hard to get into residencies. Make a 30 or better on the MCAT and apply widely. Dont skimp on your applications.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 AM

42 posts, read 132,463 times
Quote:
Wow! You were serious?! Thought you were making jokes. Good luck!!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:26 AM

148 posts, read 307,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentUserName View Post
You are taking the MCAT in two days? Good luck. Getting into med school is by far the biggest hurdle. If you get in take your USMLE tests early and study for them hard. They are the single biggest factor in your competitiveness for hard to get into residencies. Make a 30 or better on the MCAT and apply widely. Dont skimp on your applications.
thanks for the advice. hopefully i got a good score. bio section was a beast. its usually my best, but i barely finished it arg. i start applying to schools this summer. looking forward to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas