Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM

56 posts, read 171,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Well, Mr $350k-aire, if you strut around Uptown like a frat boy in a 3-series (although, let's be honest, 6's and 7's are way more impressive) looking for a "new woman" (as your inaugural post declared), that's what you'll be getting and nothing more...a first wife. Remember to sign a pre-nup. She's going to be lonely while you're working so damn hard for the money and Jimmy Choo will only keep her attention for so long before she cheats
I suppose I should keep my situation to myself. You are much less than friendly in your tone, and I am not sure what I have done to deserve that. I related my situation and goals. Yes, I have a stated goal of finding a good woman to marry. Yes, I am going to plan in advance. So?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,318,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentUserName View Post
I suppose I should keep my situation to myself. You are much less than friendly in your tone, and I am not sure what I have done to deserve that. I related my situation and goals. Yes, I have a stated goal of finding a good woman to marry. Yes, I am going to plan in advance. So?
You didn't say anything about marrying a good woman in any previous post. You shared with us:
-your age
-salary
-job title
-handsome good looks
-the car you drive
-the car you hope to buy
-you have no hobbies and only like work
-the neighborhood you've identified as a good fit

Read your former posts and see what I mean. If you approach a woman in a bar and immediately share with her more than 2 of the above bits of info, you've officially been tagged as gold-digger "bait". She will reel you in, I guarantee it.

I didn't see anywhere you mentioned wanting a partner who meets ANY of the following criteria: smart/ educated / religious/ fit/ self-sufficient/ friendly/ sweet/ family-oriented/ athletic / artistic/ foodie / altruistic/ etc. You just basically said "I'm moving to Dallas, I'm loaded, I'm need a new woman"....perhaps you should work on your delivery?!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 PM

56 posts, read 171,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You didn't say anything about marrying a good woman in any previous post. You shared with us:
-your age
-salary
-job title
-handsome good looks
-the car you drive
-the car you hope to buy
-you have no hobbies and only like work
-the neighborhood you've identified as a good fit

Read your former posts and see what I mean. If you approach a woman in a bar and immediately share with her more than 2 of the above bits of info, you've officially been tagged as gold-digger "bait". She will reel you in, I guarantee it.

I didn't see anywhere you mentioned wanting a partner who meets ANY of the following criteria: smart/ educated / religious/ fit/ self-sufficient/ friendly/ sweet/ family-oriented/ athletic / artistic/ foodie / altruistic/ etc. You just basically said "I'm moving to Dallas, I'm loaded, I'm need a new woman"....perhaps you should work on your delivery?!
I should ignore this and let someone else indulge your petulance, but I can't resist. You know when your first post in this thread lists looks, education, job and income as what is most important to the dating scene as "the cold hard truth" its astonishing how you could then throw the fact that I address where I stand in that regard back in my face as if I am being shallow. I am a realist as you sometimes are, depending on the thread page. Furthermore I never said I was good looking. I said I looked like a frat boy. I contend there is a distinction. I described a piece of crap car. You know I'm not bragging, but I have to communicate some basic facts which you list as being particularly relevant. I didn't describe the type of girl I was looking for and I suppose you have a point there. Though asking "What part of the city will I find all the altruistic women?" seems a bit silly. I don't know what kind of woman I want. As I said I have not dated since college. The only I can say for certain is that I am never going to be religious and neither will any wife of mine. Also she will need to be athletic/fit enough to be comfortable skiing/snowboarding. Beyond that I don't know. Let me show some goodwill here a say that I really liked some of your posts earlier in the thread. Specifically about finding a woman with a simple job who was still well informed about the world. An "event planner who had opinions on Hu's recent visit" to paraphrase you. I don't know that a girl I date needs to read the Drudge Report 5 times a day and have a biting analysis of the Federal Reserves approach to monetary policy, but if she doesn't know the names of most of the Supreme court justices, or the number of senators Texas has its a no go for sure. As to the type of job she can have...I would date a second grade teacher or a CEO. Id have to actually do that though to know which I prefer.

Last edited by ExcellentUserName; 01-24-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 01-24-2011, 04:10 PM

42 posts, read 132,462 times
Aaaw man! This thread was going so well!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,468,450 times
uptown will be fine for you. Its a great part of Dallas and not everyone there is stuck up and fake rich. I go to the loon, Frankies, and over to Lemon bar every once in a while and I drive a big 4x4 pickup and listen to country music and live in the burbs. There is a good mix of people in uptown and for that mater all over Dallas.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:45 PM

218 posts, read 741,850 times
Hey, I thought I'd post in here, because I too, am wondering about the dating scene in Dallas, but my "wants" for lack of a better term, may be quite different than others that have posted here. To it:

- I am a 34 year old man

- I do NOT want anyone younger than 40 years old, period

- I AM looking to get married... that is not a maybe... I DO want to get married

- I do not want children... not now, not ever

So would it be impossible or darn near impossible to find someone to date along those lines in Dallas?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:14 PM

871 posts, read 2,691,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdama View Post
Hey, I thought I'd post in here, because I too, am wondering about the dating scene in Dallas, but my "wants" for lack of a better term, may be quite different than others that have posted here. To it:

- I am a 34 year old man

- I do NOT want anyone younger than 40 years old, period

- I AM looking to get married... that is not a maybe... I DO want to get married

- I do not want children... not now, not ever

So would it be impossible or darn near impossible to find someone to date along those lines in Dallas?
1.) eharmony/match.com? With both of those (match for sure), you can specify you don't want kids.

Interesting that you are want an older woman, period. Are you okay if they already have kids? A lot of the 40+ single female crowd are single/divorcee moms. You cool with that?

If so, of course Uptown is not for you. You can certainly date in Dallas metro, you just need to find other places to meet the single women you want to meet.

The places that screams out to me for you is Sambuca 360 in Plano. On a fri/sat night there, you find tons of single older women.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM

229 posts, read 607,296 times
DaveG, I say we hangout the next time you come through uptown.

And ExcellentUserName, you will get tons of hotties, no problem. I wouldn't mind making that salary myself. Ballin son!!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM

218 posts, read 741,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
1.) eharmony/match.com? With both of those (match for sure), you can specify you don't want kids.

Interesting that you are want an older woman, period. Are you okay if they already have kids? A lot of the 40+ single female crowd are single/divorcee moms. You cool with that?

If so, of course Uptown is not for you. You can certainly date in Dallas metro, you just need to find other places to meet the single women you want to meet.

The places that screams out to me for you is Sambuca 360 in Plano. On a fri/sat night there, you find tons of single older women.
To answer your question, yes, previous marital status is of no concern to me... I like dating older women... I simply feel more comfortable and more "myself" around them. I have dated women 20 years my elder before, so I know from experience what to expect, and am not just saying I like older women to "sound cool" or anything like that.

I don't mind if kids are adults and out of the house, because at that point, they are living their own lives, and know that their mother is living hers, as well. But I do not in any way want children of my own. I'm not saying that to sound mean or hateful towards children, but I am honest enough with myself to admit that I personally do not have the patience to deal with children... I do not relate to them well, nor do I have the temperament needed to deal with children. Thus, I am pretty certain I would not make a good father. I would much rather just save all the time and money that would otherwise be spent parenting, and apply that to enjoying my woman.

Since you mentioned Sambuca 360, I will check that out, thanks.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,318,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdama View Post
To answer your question, yes, previous marital status is of no concern to me... I like dating older women... I simply feel more comfortable and more "myself" around them. I have dated women 20 years my elder before, so I know from experience what to expect, and am not just saying I like older women to "sound cool" or anything like that.

I don't mind if kids are adults and out of the house, because at that point, they are living their own lives, and know that their mother is living hers, as well. But I do not in any way want children of my own. I'm not saying that to sound mean or hateful towards children, but I am honest enough with myself to admit that I personally do not have the patience to deal with children... I do not relate to them well, nor do I have the temperament needed to deal with children. Thus, I am pretty certain I would not make a good father. I would much rather just save all the time and money that would otherwise be spent parenting, and apply that to enjoying my woman.

Since you mentioned Sambuca 360, I will check that out, thanks.
Hmm, there are definitely enough divorced women running around Dallas & the greater area that you will be able to find one with grown kids....you may be looking closer to 45-50 though to guarantee that.

Check out Sambuca, Ocean Prime, the bar at the Ritz Carlton, Nicola's (Preston Center or Shops @ Legacy), for that matter also check out the entire Shops @ Legacy in Plano (it is divorcee central for those Collin County ladies).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas