Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 05:39 PM

39 posts, read 82,422 times

Advertisements

Hello, people, I am moving to Flower Mound from Russia. I would like to find some friends thereI am turning 30 this month, no family or children, I like travelling, reading, riding a bike, going for a walk, and I am open to many new things that I don't know yet
I am a Cristian, so if you can recommend any nice Churches to go in Flower mound or very close please let me know.
thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,262,988 times
Olushka, I'm sure you'll get many suggestions regarding socializing in Dallas so I'll just mention my first reaction to your post. You mention that you like bicycling, so I'll suggest you consider The Greater Dallas Bicyclists as an option for a Saturday morning ride.

The GDB Saturday morning ride is an easy going ride and will cover parts of Dallas, from downtown north to I-635, Oak Cliff, Lakewood and other points of interest. I used to make that ride in the late 90's and four of us wound up in Holland for a week tour riding the tulip farms. Turned out to be my first encounter with Queen's Day.

All you'll need is to load up your bicycle and head towards SMU, details at the website. Nothing fancy, casual bicycling, helmet required. It will be an easy drive on a Saturday morning.

Good luck with your move to Dallas and Texas, and welcome home.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 66,092,221 times
You can go to www.meetup.com and put in your zip code. There are tons of groups, find one you like and join!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:02 PM

885 posts, read 1,562,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olushka View Post
Hello, people, I am moving to Flower Mound from Russia. I would like to find some friends thereI am turning 30 this month, no family or children, I like travelling, reading, riding a bike, going for a walk, and I am open to many new things that I don't know yet
I am a Cristian, so if you can recommend any nice Churches to go in Flower mound or very close please let me know.
thank you in advance.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 AM

60 posts, read 125,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You can go to www.meetup.com and put in your zip code. There are tons of groups, find one you like and join!
This is my suggestion too. When I moved here a year ago, I only knew one person. I used this site a LOT when I first moved here. Now I am too busy to use it but I am busy with friends I met on the site. I dont know what I would have done without meetup. I definitely recommend it.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 AM

473 posts, read 1,205,781 times
Flower Mound has a relatively low population density, more open & green with lots of walking/ biking trails. This was one of the reason we chose FM. I regularly see individuals & groups walking/ running/ biking. Lots of churches in FM & nearby areas for you to choose.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,503 times
Try going to a different church each Sunday until you find one where you feel most comfortable and then join a small group. Small groups usually match you up with people your age who are also unmarried and, by nature of the group, you'll have something in common with the folks. Maybe you'll strike up a few good friendships from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas