Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,255,903 times

Advertisements

Morning all!

I woke up to another frosty morning, pretty soon the rubber tree on the front porch will have to be brought in so far the frost has not made it that close to the house.

I have a quick mile out of the way and will be leaving shortly for my interview at Younkers. After that a visit to Kim and kids to get some loving and pick up the last of her green peppers.

I have house work upstairs to do when I get back here so all in all it will be a busy day.

Have a good one and I will be back later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,571,337 times
Good morning Sandy and everyone to follow.

It is a beautiful sunny day here cold still but sunny...I'll take it

I saw one flea inside the house on my arm last night. I have no idea where it came from. Niki doesn't have any in her fur. Today is strip the house day. I took the area rug, Niki's bedding, and hubby's blanket and put it all outside last night. I figure if there were any fleas hanging around in the material they are now frozen. So today I am cleaning, scrubbing, and vacuuming everything in the house. Nike needs a bath but it may still be a little too cold today....maybe I should vacuum her, lol. Then I have a ton of laundry to do. I know I saw and killed only one flea but man they give me the heebie jeebies

BTW, I wrote the seeding on the hill story
https://www.city-data.com/forum/21129167-post2422.html

TTYL...gotta get to work

Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,352,722 times
Lisa, where there's 1, there's 1000. That's my opinion, anyway.

Sandy, thanks for getting us started today and good luck on the interview.

Walked DH to the gym, then finished up by myself. He did probably 45 min. on weights and a 3 mile walk. I just did the 3 miles. Got home, did a bunch of yard work, including weeding, getting the fountain cleaned and operational again, then did my morning chores. Shower time!

Have a great day.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Lisa, where there's 1, there's 1000. That's my opinion, anyway.
None left....I do believe there really was only one and if there were more they are gone now I scrubbed everything on hands and knees. Vacuumed everything. Five loads of laundry done. Carpet outside and washed That is one good thing about not having carpeting or drapes in the house. The fleas won't want to stay

Wow....you were busy. You must be feeling better.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM

Afternoon girls! Wow both of you have been busy and I just got back

Lisa I am with Pattie, if you saw one there is more but one good thing with a pug if it came from her you would be able to see it on her skin. They can come in the house on you too so that might be where it came from. We had fleas when we had our house up here back about 10 years ago and I gave all the dogs (we had 3) and the one cat a flea bath and then steam cleaned every bit of carpeting and furniture. That took care of them. The vet told me they were worse in September than any time of the year, but not sure how true that is where you live.

Well I have a job and go to training on Wednesday. They gave me the option of a permant employee or seasonal and of course I said permant. Does not give me any more hours to start but I will still have a job after the holidays. I won't have my schedule for another week because they schedule employees every two weeks. Meaning I will not begin on the floor until then either, besides my one day of training. It is good until something in an office comes up and who knows, once my hours begin picking up I may not want to go to an office position. I'm just going with the flow now. Younkers is a good store, kinda in line with Macy's but the prices I saw were better (at least the sales prices). And just in time for Christmas I get a 20% employee discount! At least I can say I have something now

Gotta get and hit the cleaning. Last two loads of laundry are going right now.

See ya!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Well, congratulations, Sandy! I'm happy for you. That must be a big relief. ANd a discount! Gotta love it!

Lisa, you may have got the bugger before she laid any eggs!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,606,100 times
Oh fleas, what a joy. One year we let mystic outside to roam and 'hunt' and the only thing she caught was fleas! Then she had a bad reaction to the flea medicine, so she's a permanent housecat, much to her dismay.

Congrats on the job Sandy, you will do great! Your attitude is perfect for dealing with customers and the public. You are the most glass-half-full person I know.

After a busy weekend of inlaws and blahdeeblah, I did the 26 min cardio workout, gotta go-think mh just got home early.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 10-03-2011 at 03:01 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Our cats are indoor cats, too, Connie. The only times they ever had fleas were when DH's parents brought their dog who NEVER had fleas over to visit!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:21 PM

You girls remember when Cassy had that tapeworm? That is where tapeworms come from is fleas! I freaked when the vet told me that, of course we never saw a flea on Cassy and she was not an outside dog, just potty and walks, so I always wondered if she got the tapeworms from the ferrel cats we had there.

Thanks Connie, I don't have to work at the glass half full either, I am very blessed. Of course I do have my days Yep I think I will like it, now to find good shoes.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Well I have a job and go to training on Wednesday. They gave me the option of a permanent employee or seasonal and of course I said permant. Does not give me any more hours to start but I will still have a job after the holidays. I won't have my schedule for another week because they schedule employees every two weeks. Meaning I will not begin on the floor until then either, besides my one day of training. It is good until something in an office comes up and who knows, once my hours begin picking up I may not want to go to an office position. I'm just going with the flow now. Younkers is a good store, kinda in line with Macy's but the prices I saw were better (at least the sales prices). And just in time for Christmas I get a 20% employee discount! At least I can say I have something now
Woo hoo. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.....Hmm!! 20% cool deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals