Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. I Posted this on November 16th! It snowed in Armonk for 30 minutes then turned to sleet... It was sleeting in New canaan last I heard... This was a dead on forecast unfortunetly the cold air didnt settle in for us. Could have been accumulating. The flip flop was crazy.. Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
...Models getting consistant with a storm brewing in the NorthEast around Thanksgiving most likely the Friday, Saturday or Sunday after.

This would be accumulating. The pattern has been a flip flop of cold warm cold warm, we're going to flip back to cold after 25th. If thats the case and this storm does develop, that will spell snow.
Here's the radar at this moment...watching the rain/snow line not receed all day in fact keep pushing East was crazy...So close..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,758 times
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/ironbutterfly229/map1125.jpg (broken link)

It got really disappointing within the last couple hours I see.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of snow or mixed bag, especially above 500', overnight. Not much, but something. I laugh at all the people crazy (stupid) enough to go 3/4/5 am shopping overnight and having to deal with this potential mess.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,366,619 times
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK CITY
409 PMEST THUR NOV 25 2010

Near term /until 6 am friday morning/...

Update on wintry precip...a band of light precip now extends
across the southern boroughs of nyc and into southern nassau
county. there are a few reports of sleet...but primarily rain is
falling.
also getting reports of sleet mixing with rain across
bergen/essex/union county in nj. road conditions are good...and
radar trends estimate that precip intensity will not increase
much.

Dry and seasonably cool for sun with highs in the upper 40s...then
conditions sun night similar to sat night with mainly clear
skies...light winds and lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s.

High pres moves offshore on mon...and southerly winds behind the
high will push temps up a few degrees compared to sun...generally in
the upper 40s to lower 50s and sunny.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:50 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
OKX website is showing that some wet snow and sleet did fall at all 6 of it's locations today (Central Park, JFK, LGA, Islip, Newark and Bridgeport).

Here in southern Westchester did see a tiny bit of sleet in the 2:30-3:30 period, otherwise just rain.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
OKX website is showing that some wet snow and sleet did fall at all 6 of it's locations today (Central Park, JFK, LGA, Islip, Newark and Bridgeport).

Here in southern Westchester did see a tiny bit of sleet in the 2:30-3:30 period, otherwise just rain.
omg and thats NYC locations and bridgeport the capital of warmth from all the factory. I know it snowed above the I287 line and North of Wilton.

6 inches of snow doesnt phase me....but snow is snow and when it falls its nice to see. Whats next?

PNA still negative. December 5th our next chance to see frozen precip

Old 11-26-2010, 05:07 AM

Yesterdays radar loop...look at that snow line push east. Cool stuff for November.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:02 PM

The stubborn ridge off the lower East Coast so far this fall has kept cold air masses and wintery weather away for the most part. In fact, what we really have is a strong fall Bermuda High. Right on cue…Duke University just finished a new study that says the climate change may make the Bermuda High even stronger in the summer months and last longer in the winter months:

By analyzing six decades of U.S. and European weather and climate data, the team found that the center of the "Bermuda High" intensified by 0.9 geopotential meters a decade on average from 1948 to 2007, according to the EurekAlert report. As the "Bermuda High" intensified, its area grew, bringing the high's western ridge closer to the U.S. by 1.22 degrees longitude per decade. The team ruled out possible natural causes such as the AMO, ENSO and PDO as causes for this change. This means hotter summers and more of a subtropical flow in winter along the East Coast from NYC southward.

"Our analysis strongly suggests that the changes in the NASH are mainly due to anthropogenic warming," said lead author Wenhong Li, assistant professor of earth and ocean sciences at Duke University's Nicholas School of the Environment.

Not good news for winter fans (lol).

Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 AM

Posted on November 22nd.. Fun times are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah..this flip flop is driving me nuts...its going to stay warm till mid december I think...(Upper 40s I m50s) but another chance at seeing snow Around the 5th
And its a nice surprise to finally see flakes in the forecast as opposed to a surprise in the air. They usually dont show nighttime weather event on the 10day so maybe a Sunday night fall?

Nov. 8 - Snow
Nov. 25(Thanksgiving) - Sleet

Old 11-27-2010, 07:11 AM

According to the National Weather Service…no chance of any snow for the next 7 days (at least until December 5th)…

NWS New York, NY
Point Forecast: Middletown CT
41.55°N 72.66°W

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 45.

Sunday Night: Clear, with a low around 27. Calm wind.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 51. .

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 54.

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wednesday: Rain likely. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

To date...seasonal snowfall at the three area NWS sites:

Hartford: T (trace)

Bridgeport: 0.4

NYC : T (trace)

So far Duluth, MN has had 27.8 inches of snow...lol

Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 AM

5th looks to be rain...7th looks interesting...Check that out. Weather Channel has 10 day showing snow on the 7th..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut